Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

Re: fave musician

beckerfan said:
bongman said:
rick wakeman
keith emerson
jordon rudess
jean michel jarre
vangelis
kevin moore
jon lord

guitarists? You know Chromakey?

i think all these pple he named r keyboardists. cos jordan rudess is de current keyboardist for dream theater n kevin moore was de keyboardist for dream theater back in 1993.

mike einziger - incubus
tim mahoney - 311
Jon Brännström and Kristofer Steen - refused
john frusciante - RHCP
tom morello - RATM
omar rodriguez - mars volta/at the drive in
stefan carpenter - deftones

woohoo.. i think got more la..

yngwie
michael romeo
michael lee firkins
neil zaza
vinnie moore
eric johnson
george lynch
jason becker
marty friedman

penta-tonic said:
haha. u must be a cacophony fan. i just absolutely love their stuff. genius material. esp becker. :D

Jeah, I love Jason Becker and all of Marty's work, all good. Still trying to learn more becker stuff though.

penta-tonic said:
haha. u must be a cacophony fan. i just absolutely love their stuff. genius material. esp becker. :D
Except for Peter Marino - one of the most appallingly bad vocalists ever.

beckerfan said:
Haha, low quality vocals. Worse than Eric Martin for Racer X?

That's a tough call, but I'll go with Marino. :)

Btw - I got a 28 MB video of Becker at age 15/16 covering Black Star at his school. If you want it, you can try figure out a way for me to get it to you. My hoster only accepts 20Mb. :(

No. I know he has a bunch of video on his site, but I got lazy because it needs Real Audio Player. :)

Personally I rate him above Marty.

Do you have his Perspective and Raspberry albums? Are they worth getting?
I have all Marty's albums and all the Cacophony albums, but for Jason, only Perpetual Burn, which is of course, nothing short of stunning.

'Perpetual Burn' was his high point, some of the DLR stuff is catchy and obvious a technical masterpiece but 'Perpetual Burn' is definately his best work. In my opinion every guitarist who claims to like shred should own all of his work.

I'm not saying Marty Friedman is a slouch of course - in his own right, he is in that elite and stellar group of top players.

I don't like his last few Japanesy albums with synths and stuff.

The stuff he did with Megadeth floats my boat.

Latest posts

Back