Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

vernplum said:
The stuff he did with Megadeth floats my boat.

Marty and Dave were such a great duo. I loved all their stuff. Marty is still one of the greatest guitarist around, it's just compared to Jason anyone well ..... Not so great.

Marty's 'Scenes' is the most melodic guitar instrumental album I have ever heard. 'Valley of Eternity' is the highlight IMO.

Hope I'm not too late to join in the fun...

Here are my top 5 favourite guitarists in order, including favourite song.

1) Paul Gilbert (Technical Difficulties - PG, baby, PG!)

2) Andy Timmons (Cry for You - This man has all the feel in the world)

3) Neil Zaza (...Like It's Going Outta Style - Melody, technicality. What more could you ask for?)

4) Steve Vai (Touching Tongues - Vai needs no introduction)
5) Michael Angelo (2X Again - )

So, these are my personal top 5 favourite guitarists as of this moment. Feel free to comment on mine.

Guitarists who -nearly- made it onto the list, in no particular order:

Yngwie Malmsteen
Alexi Laiho (In case you don't know, the prodigy of Children of Bodom.)
SRV
Gary Hoey

Larry carlton, SRV, Robert Cray, Jimi, Clapton,

Derek Trucks
(from allman brothers band),
band1.jpg

Scott henderson (in vital tech tones)....
pi-hendersonsmithwooten-vitaltechtones.jpg

All of them have struck some magical tracks. And that's all that matters. Most guitarist don't get to record anything that's really out of this world like these guys have.

My Favourite guitarists:

1)Sugizo

He's the Lead guitarist of the legendary J-Rock band, LUNA SEA, and also Taiwanese actress and singer, Vivian Hsu's ex-boyfriend. LUNA SEA fans out there doesn't need me to explain it further, they know why. He has a style where no one has. His guitar lines are easily recognized and distinguished. He shreds, he arpeggios, he whammy, but all in his own style. He is a master in using the whammy and his Delay effects. He is also proficient in violin. guess what, during a gig organized by X-Japan, Sugizo played the lead part for X-Japan's "X"!! How would it sounds like when Sugizo plays "X"'s solo?

2) Joe Satriani

Becos he's Steve vai's best friend!! haha..kiddin'. Joe Satriani plays with groove. He doesn't shred, but the grooviness in his guitar line and songs is enough to make you drool.

in no particular order....actually exceeding 5 already oh well....

Jason Becker

Paul Gilbert

John Petrucci

Andy Timmons

SRV

the rest are like Jimmy Page, Jani from Sonata Arctica, Snake from Skid Row....the list is endless. idolise these guys for what each of them are exceptionally good at.

deg said:
My Favourite guitarists:.

Sugizo got his own style. But he's not my cup of tea. And the solo of X that he played is the same as what hide play. His guitar work are good. But his overacting during lives doest suit hsi image.

Anyway for the X that he play was in Extasy Summit 1992 when Luna Sea play X and the X join them and play together. TOTAL HAVOC. Yoshiki on guitar. Shinya (Luna Sea drummer) is as good as Yoshiki playign teh drums.

My new Fav Guitarists List....

#1 Neil Zaza

#2 Andy Timmons

#3 Paul Gilbert

#4 Steve Vai

#5 Gary Hoey

I wonder, what does my selection of fav guitarists tell you about my musical taste?

Vaiyen said:
that you have good taste 8)

Sucker upper. Wahahahahahahhaha.

I just noticed my hero's aren't as technical as people like YJM or FF or MA.

Melody, not technicality, takes precedence. But that's only because I can't shred. HAHAHAHAHHAHA.

#1 Joe Satriani
#2 John Mayer
#3 Steve Vai
#4 Slash
#5 Jimi Hendrix
#6 Tom Morello

yes that is in order, i lyk satch coz of his style, john mayer coz he can play and sing and i find it nice, steve vai coz of the mouth thing(haha jk), slash coz he smoke and play guitar(haha duh no!?!), hendrix coz he smoke weed and play guitar(wahahahahaha), and finally tom morello for the dj scratching thing on bulls on parade

Praetorian said:
Melody, not technicality, takes precedence..

+1 to the melody part.
technique without melody is just a bunch of meaningless random notes thrown together; not music.

what's sucker upper btw?

Latest posts

Back