Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

Andy Timmons will always be #1..the rest not in order of preference SRV, mike einziger, Eric Johnson, tom morello, Andra Junaidi (Dewa19), John Frusciante, Flea, kirk hamett & myself :p

i'm surprised that this thread dates back all the way to the year 2003~! good god.. anyway shall not be out of point

#1 - paul gilbert
#2 - mick thompson
#3 - john lowery (john 5)
#4 - james root

too many to name.. but juz to name a few..

My favourite is Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac...wonder anyone here knows him too? u could check out Fleetwood Mac's hit album TANGO IN THE NIGHT to hear this great guitarist....anyone a Fleetwood Mac fan here? 8O

Yeah I love fleetwood mac. Don't hold lindsay Buckingham in quite the high level though. Rumours is one of the all time top 5 albums. I think the real talent was the blending of the presonalities of the but Christine McVie relly bought something special to the group.

Hey Damo..great to find a FM fan here...keep in touch yeah...can't really find much FM fans around though...i am quite amazed at his playing which just "butterflies" around their tunes with such melody and very tuneful...i love TANGO IN THE NIGHT the best....RUMOURS is alright..and considered by many as one of their best...

SLASH.. He might not be the most technical.But he plays with so much flair and style.He is so damn melodic.He can shred if he wants.GREAT TONE.

Edge.I think technically his great.Knows his stuff well.Does whats right for U2.

The 3 from IRON MAIDEN.AMAZING STUFF.Speed.Melodic.Great timing.they coordinate all 3 guitars so bloody well.

Izzy.My fave Rhythm player.Does what he is best at.The man behind Gnr's sounds.

John Fruscuiante.He is amazing.I love it when he play acoustic.so much emotions.In rhcp,his riffs are simple yet beatiful.Ya gotta love it.

Jimmy page.Enough said.Legend.

John Petrucci.FAVE shredder.

Marty Friedman , Paul gilbert
Steve Vai , Joe Satrani
Mick Thompson , Eric johnson
Stanley Jordan , Eric Clapton
Yngwie Malmsteen , Slash

gahaha. too bad not many know his real name is saul hudson.

here's my top 10 guitarists..

1. Eddie Van Halen (No creativity competition man..hahaha)
2. Yngwie Malmsteen (Best shredder IMO)
3. Slash (GnR, Snakepit, Velvet Revolver)
4. Bruce Kulick (although I think Ace fits better with KISS, Bruce is definitely more talented than him)
5. Carlos Santana
6. Eric Clapton (Yardbirds, Cream)
7. Ace Frehley (KISS, Frehley's Comet)
8. Tak Matsumoto (B'z, TMG)
9. Hideto Matsumoto (X Japan, not related to Tak though)
10. George Harrison (The Beatles)

whee. my favourite guitarist is jimmy page. the man who made me pick up the guitar! 2nd would be slash. :D

Latest posts

Back