Whose your favourite guitarist in the world?

fav guitarist

noticed that most of fellow softies favs are either blues,rock or metal based players..
anybody heard of avant garde players like glenn branca or david torn??

people listening to those or anything prolly wont post much of their love unless in the right moment or crowd. Heh, its like the mountain people who prolly see no urge to live together with city people, coexist is possible, but doesnt communicate unless necessary
icon10.gif

John McLaughlin
Bill Frisell
Larry Coryell
Bireli Lagrene
Ralph Towner

David Torn is good but Glenn Branca ....
earcover_t.jpg
...no thanks

:D

My guitar heroes(if you disagree then you are wrong)

1.Jimi Hendrix
2.John Frusciante
3.Steve Vai
4.Tom Morello
5.Buckethead
6.Jimmy Page
7.Kirk Hammett
8.James Hetfield
9.Slash
10.Daron Malakian
11.Kurt Cobain(not so much, he sucks in guitar afterall)
12.Eddie Van Halen

No kurt didn't suck.. his guitar chords are so simple that it turn out to be a brilliant song..

Kurt Cobain
kirk hammet
Daniel Johns

wad a thread.. maybe u shld open whos ur fav drummer or bassist too huh..

drummer here but my fav guitarists are joe sat (he doesnt play hard stuff but e feel is awesome..), the red hot chili peppers guitarist i think hes a genius, slash, kiko loureiro!

bottoms up for dime!!he is a one of a kind...there was this article in guitar player magazine about 10-12 years ago..the late micheal hedges was a given a track to listen to (steve vai 1st song in fire garden album) and immediately he answered it was dime instead of vai..
when told that it was vai..hedges was a lil disappointed and when questioned further
his answer was
"Dime is the most thrilling player today and he adds a bit of dangerous(sic) to guitar playing today

where got only malay know this ppl??

joe wings and man kidal??

generally guitarists/ SEA music lovers know who they are

don't politicize guitar playing lah...

John Frusciante , he's not as famous as Clapton , Vai , Pettrucci and so on but he has style haha and with the 1962 Fender stratocaster , kicks some serious butt

yea john fru's the man! My all-time fav performance of his is the one with RHCP at slane castle. Watch it on the DVD. Its totally awesome!

Back