which guitar?

I really don't see anything wrong with wangdexian's post. If anything, he's discouraging elitism because there is "no comparision" between different guitars as they are "different animals". That should be applauded.
Jumbo, you're cool too, although you gotta be more tactful la, because some people may take things the wrong way.

aiyah its not just this post ma. Why would anyone flare up over ONE post. obviously mr wang has been consistently posting crap that got mr edder all worked up.

Well, I raise concern over edder's misuse of the quote button!!! :twisted:
It is against soft's interests!!! Taken from Please Do Not use the Quote button

soft said:
Please Do Not use the Quote button when you are replying in the forum. Use it only when you are referring to a point that another user made, not quote the whole paragraph wholesale.

i see alot of users just click the quote button and this cause multi-nested reply and it's kinda untidy.

one good method is to address the user you are trying to make your point to. ie, "Hi SOFT! ....."

when in doubt, use the Post Reply button!

:twisted: Punish him!

Well, I have no protests if you disagree with me, for I am not God, nor am I Mr Know It All.
It's been pretty obvious, that some posts have been inclined towards the "xxx guitar is supreme" or "I**** > F**** x 100" kind of posts, and I believe you do not need hands-on experience to know two different guitars were made for two different purposes? No? Unless it's a copy of course. :roll:
Flame me if you want, it's not my fault if you choose to hate me.
PM me, if you have a problem.
And no, this doesn't get me angry. My adrenal glands are kept in check. :lol:

Pardon the cultural and idealogical differences I have, but "a man" I meant was a male who is responsible and one who has both courage and conviction in his beliefs.

"Twisting and turning"?? Not at all dude! The one who's been doing that all along is... YOU!!!

"Now my beef is....

How come you guys are experts in everything when you're still in your O's?

I'm just a jealous old man cos kids are smarter than me. Go away. Don't bother about me. Ignore me."

and

"p/s: Isn't wangdexian a BASSIST in his O's? "

Sorry, edder, you wrote "you guys", "experts" and "kids". Plural, yes?.

Wangdexian, is 1 guy. Unless you saw online clones of him!

Anyways, you can go check brundisium posts that were targeted at me. Observe my response to him, I don't whine and bitch like someone here. I just ignore the poor kid.

I don't believe in the online articles written about the tonal properties of woods, it's BS. There are so many things that contribute to tone, and those guys didn't conduct a fair test. There are so many different formats of mahogany+flame/quilt maple top guitars out there, and they all have different tone. Furthermore, they judge with their ears, highly unreliable.
Maybe we should hire a group of scientists to test woods for us. :)

hahaha, gramma police, finish the research yet

we are all kids at heart, even at the age of old man. But at least we aren't still studying in poly doing shipping and logistic what ever course and no father to help us in buying guitar :lol:

yes, this is a flaming and i welcome james to lock the thread or delete what are the non relevant response :lol:

er, just a lil side note.

bassists also play an instrument made of wood. of course there are diff preferences to wood type that are used to make basses, but even so, there are instances when basses are made of the same woods as guitars. moreover, bass don't just involve the bass frequencies, theres still the higher frets, treble, mids, there is alot of similarities, imho. thus, a bassist opinion when posting on a guitar forum should be regarded with the same "view" as a guitarist's.

heck, even the woodcutter should have a say if he wants to. after all, he cuts the darn wood. he'll know hardness, which type wears off his chainsaw fastest, etc, but thats straying from topic. lol.

sighs...

If you're not an expert don't even act like one.
If you don't know, don't even act like you know.
If all your "hands on" experience are based on internet reviews and articles, please don't even try to act like you REALLY know eg. the difference between woods.
How much weight will your little one liners hold?

If you can't even understand that logic, then thats too bad for the FORUM.

Let this forum continue to grow "experts" about everything.

Take responsibility for your posts.

wangdexian said:
Notice I didn't even talk about tone.

yeah i noticed that you don't even post anything very useful.

Sorry guys. I had to do that.

Oh I use the quote button.

Oh I so gonna get banned.

Take responsibility for your posts.

Last but not least.

Vox is for the bluessss....

ShredCow said:
btw, talking abt improving my tone... i'm seriously considering stripping hte paint off my S520. I love my tone right now but i feel its not woody enough.
hey ShredCow, abt stripping the paint off ur guitar i just have this question. is it going to be bare mahogany without any finish or some sort of protection over the wood? abt the older ibanez S-series with the bare wood look, those are actually oiled. (well, the ones i have the chance to lay my hands on that is.) i dunno what oil is used tho, must be something specifically for guitar bodies/wood. that is to prevent the wood from absorbing sweat/moisture/water that it might be in contact with. some sort of protection i guess. what's the adverse effect of that? (the absorbing of fluid.) well, i'm not so sure. maybe (assumption here!) the tone will change as more sweat/moisture/water is absorbed, might be for the worse.

anw, i don't see anything wrong with stripping ur guitar. but its just near impossible to bring it back to its original state in case u have a change of mind later. btw, the cracked paintjob of ur guitar looks good to me. it looks nice because it 'don't look nice'! hehehehehehh...

hey man,
I know abt the oil finish... using stuff like tru oil or tung oil. The thing is just that... I do love the natural finish look... the older S series, the S540WNF is like the stuff of my dreams, sans the middle pup that is. :)

Anyway, the fact that the finish on my guitar is unique is 1 strong point against stripping it off.

Will be refering to malcom for this procedure and I will decide when I'm going to him for a refret.

Back