which guitar?

classics said:
one thing i really dislike is the basswood body hmm :?
nvm next month i go try our all the guitar see which one i like, let me go for a blindfold test :lol:

why the displeasure with basswood?

thor666 said:
classics said:
Besides that, dont really think Ibanez has any lite ash models for the RG/S/SA/SZ series.

ibanez has the following ash bodied guitars:

RGT220A (available @ swee lee, review @ SOFT database)
RGT220ANTF.jpg

SA160AH (not available in S'pore...)
SA160AHTFB.jpg

eh the JEM JR isnt that bad ok! after modifications la

i bought it for $560 due to its looks (was n00b when i bought dunno how to buy :lol: ) but then its playability is great! the neck is thin and smooth, the frets are great, the basswood is great too. but only the bridge sux, the pups are that bad but if upgrade even better

so now i have a gotoh trem and a TZ in neck and DS in bridge. it's a mean machine now! :twisted:

psionic said:
omg that looks like an AT!!! why not avaliable in SG????

the AT series is based on the SA model. the SA160 ash is a regional exclusive- US market & other selected countries...

i bet the AT will melt any fender strat out there. i mean, even one of the king of tones was surprised when he touched his own guitar :lol:

nak said:
i bet the AT will melt any fender strat out there. i mean, even one of the king of tones was surprised when he touched his own guitar :lol:
Nah, mahagony and alder.
No comparision. Different animals man.

Mahagony torments you! It will make you go "Mah-agony!"

Alder... No idea. But I have a feeling it will like you, edder...

Yup, different animals. Must learn the differences dude.

:lol:

Dexian pointed out that the AT is made of mahogany, while the Fender Strat is made of alder. Different tonewoods results in different sounds.

so what are the differences in sound?

Anyone wanna quote what whey have read extensively but no chance to try it out to hear the differences :lol:

I HEARD its the weather lah dey... wait i go google for it first. The internet tells me everything I know.

Hey Edder...
Really, you have been getting very worked up other this matter abt ppl not doing their research but rather giving comments/advice based on hearsay.

Even if you were to do a search online, and find the required articles, you still will not be able to get as accurate a description of the difference in tone among different woods. Reason being tone is just relative and personal. Words cannot and will not convery the facts as well as you would like to have it do... they will only give a vauge description.

Then if you were to have immense experience with tone woods, what you hear as eg. more pronouced midrange, to another, he might say slightly middy... and you are back to square 1.

Anyway, I'm sure you know all the above...

Thing is... we don't have the good fortune of being able to look thru countless pedals, know the schematics of various pedals and gain the amount of knowledge that you have. Hence we rely on what we hear or read. We really need ppl like you to correct us and guide us along should we post erroneous info... on the other hand, you gotta chill man... i can see your impatience seeping thru your words.. hell, you even leave the other thread where we were in mid discussion abt ts808 and their "tone sucking" attributes.

I hope i'm not sounding angry or anything... but truth be told... ppl of your calibre arent around the forums often... and laymen/newbies want to know answers... so those who have read up or heard things on relavant subjects will try to chip in to the best of their abilities. Granted, there are those who don't do enough research or just assume things (like me)...but isn't that how an open forum works?

Its good that you are still here commenting and giving reliable info.. but you got to chill man. Getting fed up over this will only make you leave the forums and that would be a lost indeed.

Back