which guitar?

classics

budget around 1k

thinking of ( prefered sound on top, then least on bottom, at least 22fret is a must )

lite ash telecaster
lite ash strato
rg350
rg470

i play quite a wide range of songs. blues, country, jazz, rock, rocknroll. and yngwie/steve vai stuff. whammy is almost a must. but theres a question in my head, if i replace telecaster bridge to bigsby will i lose the twangy sound? and does the vintage system on fender stay in tune for light whammy effect? of its tat bad?

hmm hard

telecaster for the sound, but no whammy
strato sound not bad, with whammy but not too sure izzit able to stay in tune even with light abusing
rg350 average sound with cool sweet design with alright edge3?
rg470 average sound with better bridge compare to rg350, but design prefered rg350

hmm

yeah theres a MIM standard with FR but then 21 fret. i quite often uses the 22th fret, so its abig weird without it hmm . . . hope there it, actaully if theres a need, i can increase my budget to 1.4k. i like lite ash, not only becos it uses ltie ash but also uses birdeye maple for its fingerboard

the other alternative would be to get the lightash strat you want and change the whammy bar to a after market replacement.

i dun like 2nd hand stuff, got bad experince before. anyway can someone confirm with me? will changing of bridge will affect the sound of telecaster? hmm since if i install bigsby, i am pretty sure it will affect the sound :( most likly im getting a lite ash stratocaster and cahnge it bridge? if i get a replacement wat bridge do u guys recommend? and where to get? im interested to change to pickguard to pearloid kind as well :lol:

Get the rg 1st, play arnd with it, save up, buy either the tele or strat or both :lol:

with the rg u can play all kinds of stuff, except for the tone that might not be to ur liking, but you get a tele, install a bigsby, cant do all those crazy divebombs

for 1K, you won't be able to get a Fender 22 fret strat/tele in lite ash. you might want to consider other brands and models in this case.

u might want to consider other Ibanez models, the S, SA and SZ. all the models u've mentioned (other than the RGs) have different neck profiles and it's vital u choose one that you find most comfortable with.

You know classic... the thing abt the RG sounding average, its the pickups. Change them and you will find a good lot of tones there.

Basically, you will get your humbucking tones. And you will get a tele like tone, and a fender like twang. Plus a very single coilish tone.

Its very versatile. You can play metal and then switch to blues rather convincingly.

Of course, if you want to be the jack of all trades, get the Ibanez S470. Its HSH config with ZR Trem and thin mahogany body willl give you a surprising array of tones.

ShredCow said:
You know classic... the thing abt the RG sounding average, its the pickups. Change them and you will find a good lot of tones there.

Basically, you will get your humbucking tones. And you will get a tele like tone, and a fender like twang. Plus a very single coilish tone.

Its very versatile. You can play metal and then switch to blues rather convincingly.

Of course, if you want to be the jack of all trades, get the Ibanez S470. Its HSH config with ZR Trem and thin mahogany body willl give you a surprising array of tones.

thx for the advance :D most likly im going for ibanez stuff. i juz tried my friend J&D telecaster, i really feel crippled without abusing whammy bar :( i actually got used to my grandfather rg450, i couldnt bear to seperate from it, too bad i need to return him :( wonder does sweelee still have rg450, or 550. actually my budget can expand till 1.5k. hmm maybe a jem jr with changed bridge and pickups ahah dun flame me

p/s stock 350 sound make me think of laser guns, no offence :lol:

go for a JEM Jr! :lol:

ok, that's been overdone already. u can search info of JEM Jr all over in this forum.

design may be one factor but ultimately, try to go for playability and sound. i simply cannot emphasize how important playability is for you to progress as a player.

one thing i really dislike is the basswood body hmm :?
nvm next month i go try our all the guitar see which one i like, let me go for a blindfold test :lol:

classics said:
one thing i really dislike is the basswood body hmm :?
nvm next month i go try our all the guitar see which one i like, let me go for a blindfold test :lol:

if you're lucky, SL might still have 1 or 2 more pieces of RG450MMH, which is in mahogany.

Besides that, dont really think Ibanez has any lite ash models for the RG/S/SA/SZ series.

Back