what to get ? guitar ? amp ?

hey siva maybe u can try the envoy 110. looks pretty gd n is only 40 watts. which gives u versatility of bedroom use n even use at small gigs. another brand is smarvo. heard sum in action. drive channel is very gd tho its lacking in the cleans. do try out. peavey can try at sweelee. smarvo can ask mikemann or go to ranking sports which is on de same level as sweelee at bras basah. :D

Go for Roland CUBE! Best tone ard =)

Really Versatile!
Super Clean Channel. Good if u have a hot bridge PU tat will naturally overdrive many amps.
Tried and Tested!
The distortion is really good =) quite close to wat they model after

cheers

siva said:
cube 15 how ?? gd ? wat the diff bewtween 15 and 30 besides the wattage?

The Cube 15 has less effects than the Cube 30.

It only has FOUR different types of amp models and NO efx, as compared to the Cube 30, which has EIGHT distinct amp sounds, including a CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO and independent DELAY / REVERB. All controllable via footswitch.

Im using 15. Good amp. Just gotta change to 3 pin. 2 pin VERY irritating.

ZzzZzZzzzZ sound when i on heavy distortions. VERY loud ZzZzzzZ lol

Newbie said:
ZzzZzZzzzZ sound when i on heavy distortions. VERY loud ZzZzzzZ lol

Eh?

Very loud "zzzzzz"???? What "zzzzzzz" sound? Your amp snores arh?

English leh.

And pardon my insolence, but whats this about 3 pin and 2 pin?

is it when u never touch the strings then got that sound? if u touch the strings lightly, no sound anymore is it?

Personally i would get myself a nice amp. If you want loud ,get an IC amp. If you want tone, get a tube amp. Roland amps are in because if their modelling effects.
How I wish I could get a Fender tube amp.

Praetorian said:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CUBE 30 CUBE 30 CUBE 30

All your metal needs. ;)

yeah its good...the line 6 spider gives a very good tone...but are kinda like pampering yrself..and can't get the sound u want once u play with another amp.

I own a Roland Cube 30. All distortion models and effects suck on Roland Cube 30. But clean sound is super good. If you have multi effects or stomps boxes, the sound is incredibly awesome. By the way, this amp is too loud for 30 W. Before half of the volume, windows frame at my apartment start making noises.

Well thats kinda harsh.

The EFX, i.e. flanger and phaser, are indeed kinda useless.

But the Chorus, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb are pretty damned good in my opinion.

And too loud for 30 watts? Come onnnnnnnnn.... It IS loud, but thats what the VOLUME control is for.

Loudness merely means u can even use the Cube for small gigs. It IS 30 watts after all.

Timex said:
Personally i would get myself a nice amp. If you want loud ,get an IC amp. If you want tone, get a tube amp. Roland amps are in because if their modelling effects.
How I wish I could get a Fender tube amp.

Yeah I agree.

Tubes are wonderful. But I think its no point spending $300 on a 15 watt tube amp for merely bedroom practice.

By the way, for tubes... check out Peavey, Marshall and Laney alongside Fender.

They rule. Especially Peavey's XXX series. I wish I had one of those.

Praetorian said:
And too loud for 30 watts? Come onnnnnnnnn.... It IS loud, but thats what the VOLUME control is for..
I said it in good way for "Loud":) It can be used for small gigs. It is a good amp.

Back