what to get ? guitar ? amp ?

well my take on all this would actually be to go down and try the guitar for yourself. but just to prompt some thinking la. ok fixed bridge has superb tuning stability and less hassle when changing strings. standard tremolo bridge is pretty easy to handle and offers the advantage of being able to lower the pitch. lastly the floyd rose bridge which to me i personally dont like cos its really a hassle when changing strings and tuning but it offers the advantage of lowering or raising pitch for example joe satriani who does all de dive bombs and stuff. but other guitarists like malmsteen and petrucci use standard tremolos and can still do awesome stuff. den paul gilbert who uses fixed bridge.

think the rg321 only comes with fixed bridge. but dun worry there r tonnes of other ibanez with floyd rose bridges if u prefer them. best is to try as many guitars as u can before making any rash decisions. took me almost 3months of visiting guitar shops and sumtimes even trying the same guitar more than once just to be sure. u can ask SUBVERSION too. hes our local guitar equipment guru. he definitely can provide all de help u need.

oh ya back to wat i was saying. well. take note of these few points for guitar:

how many frets?
which neck feels more comfortable?
which guitar sounds better?
wat kinda bridge do u need?

thx man .. u have of great help to me :)

btw .. sub . if u c this .. please gimme some of ur well - respected recommendations and views . thx

if you wish for an Ibanez model, there are too many to recommend, be more specific & we'll help you from there. it's definitely worthwhile to invest in a non-vibrato equipped model, or, a non-locking vibrato to avoid hassle of string-changing. focus more on playing, not changing string yes? you can invest in a floating vibrato subsequently. there are some Ibanez reviews over at GEAR NEWS 2005 to help you along...

if i were you, i'd upgrade my amp first. a good amp gives you what you ike to hear & this would make you play more, even if your guitar is a little lacking. penta-tonic gave you the scenario already, i'm just adding on to it 8)

icic.. so amp plays a large part also ah .. ya wat u say its true

when i hear what i like .. i will play more and practise more and become better,..

then now for the magical ques ... wat amp would u recommend ?? my gear include the grx40 ibanez , ds2 and a korg ax1500g .. im inclined towards hard rock and metal .. wat amp would u recommend ?? say between 15- 30 watts ??

http://www.soft.com.sg/new/modules....&start=0&sid=700479b66ad22d6669736ad75167be0d

Some interesting amp choices.

The Line 6 Spider II is also an excellent choice. A little more extreme than the Cube if you ask me.

Thats IF you dont bother too much about efx, because these two amps both have an in built efx panel.

If you do want individual efx, personally I reccomend the Smarvo 2x10" Stereo Chorus, @ $250. Thanks Mikemann! The smarvo reccomendation was priceless!

Go with the cube. The line 6 is waaaayy too digital sounding if you compared the two. No offence to the line6 spider fans.

Metal eh? Get a B.C. Rich Warlock! Muahahaha. But really, I think a guitar would be a better choice, as amps can be easily available anywhere, Jamming studios, friends house, or just substitute with headphones, well these are just my opinions neways =).

haha . cube 30 ? cos i got a korg efx .. later buy the cube 30 then wun have use for the efx .. then i sian 1/2 ah .hahah

wat abt the cube 15 ?? how much is it and how is it ?

Actually you could use the cube 30 for its cosm amp modelling. And the Korg, use it for all your colouring effects, chorus, flange etc.

pooo said:
Actually you could use the cube 30 for its cosm amp modelling. And the Korg, use it for all your colouring effects, chorus, flange etc.

+1

In which case, your rig would consist of a Korg into the Cube. Simple. But very, very, very adaptable and versatile. Good for any genre in the world.

hey siva u could try the line of peavey transtube amps. they r pretty gd except for the entry models. ive tried the studio pro and the special. damn gd for solid state circuitry. much more worth than the cube or spiderII. n peavey amps have gd distortion to match ur metal urges. ahaha. hope this helps.

but from what i know .. those models u mentioned are 80 watts and above rite ? haha.. too much for me man .. im lookin at most 30 watts bro ..

Back