Using 2 amps at once:- Y cable?

moota

Hi,

Any solutions for doing this? I read about Y cables but don't know where to buy them off the shelf.

How about a box that splits the signals?

Any suggestions?

or a chorus pedal, i dont know about all pedals but the boss ch-1 super chorus has got two outputs for stereo

the A/B box should work.. can also try the Boss LS-2 or place a stereo pedal last in your chain.

as for Y-cable, should be able to work but i think the volume might be affected. plus.. dunno if there's a Y-cable long enough to stretch.

just have to watch out for ground loop problem or phase cancellation.

goose suggestion of the radial thingy can eliminate potential problems(ground loop and phase cancellation) of dual amp setup

If you intend to split your signal into two amps, a Y cable will never work.

The reason is because of signal loading, the sound will be super dull and muffled.

You'll need a buffered splitter like this to keep your signal clean

SeekZ Stompers \m/ Join the Stomp Troopers!
this pedal was made for Dharma from West Grand

I've seen these connectors like have one input and two output outlets. You can use a usual audio jack and plug that fat jack in... what do they call the fat jack connector ah ahaha

those 1 in 2 out thingy is like a y spliiter.

Seekz mentioned bout the signal loading issue, it will have the same problem with those connector

To split the instrument signal, active buffer the way to go.

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies...

I actually have and Ibanez DE-7 delay pedal that I normally use for some slap-back echo. It has 2 outputs. This I suppose can function as a stereo component?

Will it have phase cancellation and ground looping problems that you guys are talking about? how can you tell if there is such problem and how to mitigate?

heh, easiest way out, try the de-7 with 2 out going to 2 different amps

if you doesnt hear any abnormality of hum or signal weakening situation(phase cancellation). Forget bout the ground loop and phase cancellation issues and play the instrument.

but if wanna more info, just google on eliminating ground loop/cause of ground loop, signal in phase/outta phase/phase cancellation. There will be plenty of readings and more accurate then what we can explain here.

hi guys, well i'm never in the guitar section. usually in the recording/computers side but I can't help but chip in my 2cents worth.

I used to record stereo (2 mono) guitars D.I with a pod 2.0 and a behringer v-amp 2.0 but 1 guitarist. simply with a Boss DI100.

BOSS DI-1 Direct Box :: Overview

guitar > boss D.I >
PARA OUT (parallel out) > Amp 1
Unbalanced OUT > Amp 2
XLR Out > POD 2.0 etc, if you wanna do further D.I recording maybe?

hope this helps.

i think boss D.I is around $50 2nd hand, so 1st hand should be around $100. built like a tank.

cheers
20¢ worth

Back