The Aftermath of Bras Basah Swee Lee Year End Sale!

was there the night before around 11. queue was about 40 people long.
by the time the sun rose, the queue was at least 60 people long IN FRONT OF my friends and I. by the time the shop was opening, the queue was already a hundred strong in front of us. i mean seriously, dat drew me some serious doubts about the integrity of musicians in singapore. its kinda sad to see a musician having to ask a fellow musician "excuse me, but i don't believe i saw you in the queue before me the night before.". people make the effort to camp overnight to get a good chance of getting what they want during the sales. i have friends who have taken leave. they sleep on the hard floor, they make frequent toilet trips to the mac, they camp outside the stoor, only to have people cutting their queue in the morning saying "my friends booked a place for me". honestly, how would you like it if i camped overnight alone, and the next morning, have a group of 20 friends join the queue with me? this was what happened yesterday. and i hope it will not happen again. please guys, show some integrity and respect for others. i shant comment about those who did not queue overnight, and did not have friends in the queue, but simply squeezed themselves to the front of the queue. there's really nth much to say abt them. by the way, i was outside the art friend entrance yesterday in the Iron Maiden T-shirt.

then again, thanks to swee lee for the sale. very well carried out.

LOL. the guy who took the photos was in front of me. haha. im that kid in the NIKE AIR IS NOT A SHOE shirt. ha
anyway my dunlop wah's adaptor jack got a problem too. hmm seems to be out of place so cant jack the adaptor in.

reached there at 6.30am and saw the queue about 60+ ppl, sat down and waited longs hours, went in, my cry baby sold out, sparkle drive last one taken away, dime distortion taken away and epiphone les paul custom taken. sigh. didn't get anything at all

hifi_killer Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think they should prolly implement a "take a number" system for the next time.

i'd second that. =)

yo guys, i bought my bass yesterday during sales and it is very dusty and the strings are slightly rusty i dunno how 2 re-string so how much will strings and getting someone to help me re-string cost? and ya...the liquid thingy to clean my bass and make it shine too how much?

bass strings cost around $20, dunlop 65, something u use to polish the guitar surface cost arnd $7.50

I dont think u need to pay pple to get them to help u restring..
last time my friend went to guitarworkshop(on the same level as sweelee) asked one of them to help him and teach him how to restring

Date posted : 30 December 2005
wah, use this kind of method (cut queue) to get your SZ320 ahhh,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerald Sim, neuro182 is
Gerald Sim, neuro182, i have both DE-7 and PM-7

saw this in luthermusic.com... 8O

I just think the person should stand up and identify himself

[edited by SOFT]

haha that person who posted is just damn plain jealous
i think he wanted the SZ320 so badly.

lol

and he is such an jackass

if your jealous that he cut queue and gotten ur SZ320,

y didnt u cut his queue then?

at least he has the guts to cut queue and get what he wants,
ignoring the possibility of begin bashed up.

quite silly also i find... he would bound to remember who's queue he has cut... so still probably can guess who the author is... haha...

its quite entertaining for an audience like me anyway :lol:

"at least he has the guts to cut queue and get what he wants"

Hope this is not the metality shared by fellow users of Soft.

Cutting queue is just plain wrong unless its a life and death matter which I really dun think that getting the SZ is. Lets be civil about this.

Maybe Swee Lee can put up queue directing barricades in the future.

redjackal said:
at least he has the guts to cut queue and get what he wants,
ignoring the possibility of begin bashed up.

uh. i don't think that's the right thing to do.

still, obviously this guy who posted has an agenda beyond just the cutting queue incident. it's not the first them he's using the luther ads to flame neuro182.

that's not what i'm trying to bring across, it's just that the guy is making a big fuss out of it.

neruo got the guitar, yeah, nothing can be done
he admitted he cut queue,

what more do u want out of him right?

it's just towards the guy who post this thing

Back