telecasters

emg's, hmmmmmmmmmmm, i never liked them.

proud supporter of passive pus.

anyway, i shall start my ad session.

In the neck position, the tele doesnt sing lyk humbucking ones do, but it gives this really gritty sound which has a lot of character to it.

Its gonna make you sound really diff from your peers.

I find single coils more edgy than humbuckers, and the crunch sound u get when chugging away is pretty cool.

There is no whammy bar, which gave me the impetus to learn how more left hand bending ad vibrato techniques.

And never look down on single coils. My friends laugh when i say i use my tele for metal. and than i play. (=

some cons include hum problems as with all single coils (but you'd probably have/need a noise gate for the amt of gain u are using anyway)
as well as no whammy bar (NEVER try to put a FR inside, you'll totally screw the wiring, and prolly end up with something that sounds and looks lyk shit)
and u have to be more careful with ur gain settings, its harder to get a nice tone out of single coils distorted than hums IMO (but it sure is rewarding when you do, esp as fenders seem to sound better as u push the guitar harder.)

Ask for hotter pus!! Try a tele today!!!

Pseudo-Jazzman said:
Telecasters are the best IMO.

+1 !!!

I am so in love with my telecaster. I got this really nice acoustic jangle when i play clean/ My MIJ handles distortion pretty well and its very chuggy and so i can do the main verse for slither too. My neck pup is totally suited for jazz stanley jordan stuff. TELE PLAYERS UNITE! I think among my friends i am the only boy using a tele.

But i can't seem to get the nasal sound from either of my single coil and lipstick pups. I miss that almost dead battery sound.

Update ...ok figured it out...roll down the front knob..increase lower treb and max the mids. Max the gain.

I think among my friends i am the only boy using a tele.

Good on you man!!!
shows u have taste!!

anyway~~~
does anyone use a MIM tele? i've tried one 70's half hollow body one~~~
Feels weird IMO. An most of the MIMs out there don't really look all too pleasing as well..

perhaps i'm biased~~ 8)

i'm using an american tele. yay! it comes in a very very close second to my les paul with p90s. they're both awesome though. :D

Pseudo-Jazzman said:
And never look down on single coils. My friends laugh when i say i use my tele for metal. and than i play. (=

looks like i've found a tele-for-metal proponent here, glad to know i'm not alone...

this thread is super gas man.. :twisted:
I'm gassing for a telecaster plus (man i love jonny greenwood) or a telecaster with dual humbuckers...
hey canon, how does the telecaster plus sound like?

subversion said:
Pseudo-Jazzman said:

looks like i've found a tele-for-metal proponent here, glad to know i'm not alone...

i saw Adrian Smith use a frickin' tele to play dropped D stuff

shouheng said:
this thread is super gas man.. :twisted:
I'm gassing for a telecaster plus (man i love jonny greenwood) or a telecaster with dual humbuckers...
hey canon, how does the telecaster plus sound like?

Hi again, the tele plus sounds great, with the 3 Pups you can get all the Tele sounds plus the Strat out of phase sounds. additionaly with the mini switch on you get all three pups together so it is a very versatile guitar. I used mine for lots of recording and the sound is excellent. There is just something about the Tele bite you don't get with any other guitar.

after a recent make-over, here's how my tele looks like now... 8)
teleredstrings1.jpg

nah... i bought it in 1998, American Standard (discontinued)

the thing about Fender is that, it ages nicely to look absolutely vintage- the maple neck/ white pickguard had 'yellowed' nicely, love it!!

hi.... er... u said that u are using telecasters for metal... are u single coils of very high output? er.. oso.. at such high gain, isn't there any hum or do u all use noise gate? :)

I personally never use more than 12 o clock on the gain channel~~
but yah~~ i do use a built in noise gate occasionally~~

You just have to be a bit more careful with your gain usage IMO~~

but i've heard that hums can start making noises as well~~ not sure abt the details though~~ :)

Back