telecasters

MadWereWolfBoy said:
hey, tele and strats nowadays just shape differences right? i mean with all the mods of strat pickups on teles and teles on strats...

if both body same wood and pickup then sound will more or less same right?

string spacing and neck width also same... tele just dun have that sexy upper horn
not really, tele has that twang which u cant really get rid off because of the bridge. They dont have the same string spacing I suppose since the neck pups of a tele is of different size and spacing, compared to a strat's one.

I haven't touch or really heard a tele yet but I getting quite interested in it. Somehow the shape kinda appeal to me especially the slanted single coil at the neck and the humbucker at the bridge. What type of sound does it produce?

Not sure if everyone here has heard WInterSun B4. Some Info. Jari Maenpa Uses a Tokai Tele in the recording. Seriously i thought Teles were a no no for metal. :D

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

lol, nice guitar sub, what humbucker is that? do u encounter problems when changing pickup positions? like from neck to bridge, wont there be a big vol. difference? anyway, imho, teles should stick with single coils :D they look classic that way, heres mine, a fully stock MIJ '62-'65 tele ::

Fruitwine said:
lol, nice guitar sub, what humbucker is that? do u encounter problems when changing pickup positions? like from neck to bridge, wont there be a big vol. difference? anyway, imho, teles should stick with single coils :D they look classic that way, heres mine, a fully stock MIJ '62-'65 tele

my 1998 American Std Tele features an evil Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge + a Duncan Hot Rhythm in the neck. the latter is a high output pickup albeit single coil, so not much of a problem there. when i'm on high gain settings, i mostly play the Hot Rails. i reserve the Hot Rhythm for cleans mostly 8)

after i bought a strat, i prefer its single coil tone to the tele's. so the tele has a humbucker in there for some decapitating, black metal, angst...

Davis has the Fender pickguards in stock. these are perfect fit for your fender, if you choose other brand names, there are cases where the screw holes are misaligned & do notprovide a perfect fit.

Subversion
my 1998 American Std Tele features an evil Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge + a Duncan Hot Rhythm in the neck. the latter is a high output pickup albeit single coil, so not much of a problem there. when i'm on high gain settings, i mostly play the Hot Rails. i reserve the Hot Rhythm for cleans mostly

after i bought a strat, i prefer its single coil tone to the tele's. so the tele has a humbucker in there for some decapitating, black metal, angst...

Eh... I see no humbucker on the picture... is the humbucker u refer to ur hot rail or hot rhythm?

mumbles said:
wow... many many tele fans here eh?? anyways, was just wondering where can i get tele pickguards??

you could also take a look at yahoo auction. A lof of interesting pickguard being sold there.

ooooh. nice. *sob* u guys all use newer teles, why no reissues? :D ive gotten so used to my "ashtray" bridge, that when i try playing a newer tele, my hand slides off XD nice pickup config u've got there too, sub.

to madwerewolfboy :: maybe coz strats are a little more versatile, more rock-looking?

strat vs tele is a matter of perception. many believe that the strat is one up in terms of versatility, it can pull off about every thinkable tone, but you can't stop me from believing in my tele. especially when it's used for black metal.

Back