telecasters

im now part of the tele club! :D

recently got a squier tele custom ('72 version)

dsc00162.JPG

here's my 'tele':
l1.jpg

it's a zhng-ded-to-hell G&L 1999 ASAT Classic (Made in Japan limited Tribute Series).

it came with a solid 2 pc swamp ash body.

mods: Grover locking tuners, custom 'tortoise' pickguard, Dimarzio Vintage Mini-Humbucker, Fender 50's reissue bridge pickup, Fender '52 reissue brass saddles, CTS pots & 3 way switch, Gretsch Setzer dice knobs.

i think it looks really cool in an obiang/cowboy/country way. :lol:
it's got all the punch, twang, chime and bite i could ever ask for. 8)

Wicked! It'd look better if it was a humbucker at the bridge, IMO...

hehe i actually prefer the tele bridge than a humbucker. that's one of the reasons i bought a tele, to get that distinct bridge tone

just wanna ask u guys..i've always wanted to get a Tele..but the Fenders are a lil high on the $ for me now..are the Squier series good?

i am kinda gas'in for one as well....go give a try and lets us know howzit twangin ....btw i wish Rondo Music would give a better deal shippin !! :(

DjThugs said:
just wanna ask u guys..i've always wanted to get a Tele..but the Fenders are a lil high on the $ for me now..are the Squier series good?

they're good enough, especially if you cant afford the real thing. you can upgrade the pickups to something better if you please, they are easily upgradable

Back