telecasters

subversion said:
strat vs tele is a matter of perception. many believe that the strat is one up in terms of versatility, it can pull off about every thinkable tone, but you can't stop me from believing in my tele. especially when it's used for black metal.

haha agreed! thats pretty unorthodox :D pple's eyes must go O.O when they see u blasting black metal off a tele :twisted: tele's 4eva!!!

Mew said:
Lifehouse said:
Hehe. Mine has a bucker on the bridge too. :smt003
sadly mine too :D :D

telee.jpg
[/img]

Heyyyyy.... How cum ur saddles like all straightttttt???? It's soooo neatttt.. :D

WiZaRd said:
Mew said:
Lifehouse said:
Hehe. Mine has a bucker on the bridge too. :smt003
sadly mine too :D :D

telee.jpg
[/img]

Heyyyyy.... How cum ur saddles like all straightttttt???? It's soooo neatttt.. :D
haven intonate it yet , pic taken right after i change the pots and the hum. :lol:

but then even after intonating it.. its still pretty straight :?

spikes said:
sweelee, what kinda standard you talking bout, american standard? or just standard...

there's no more 'American Std' WEF 2001- they've been revised to be known as 'American Series'.

i would say getting a MIJ tele would be better? i kinda prefer the craftsmanship of fender japan as compared to mex and usa. or maybe its just me :D

i have a MIM tele and i think its absolutely kickass. I've only compared it to a fender custom shop nocaster which costs like 10-20 times what i paid for mine:doesnt have the same presence and twang...but then you pay for what you get. Besides, i like the vocal like, smooth tone of my mex std...and theres still twang when you need it.

ok gonna resurrect a dead thread here.

do the MIM teles follow the MIM strats in terms of upgrades?
eg. MIM strats after 2000 all had alder bodies, compared to mostly poplar before.
is this the same with the MIM teles?

Fruitwine said:
ooooh. nice. *sob* u guys all use newer teles, why no reissues? :D ive gotten so used to my "ashtray" bridge, that when i try playing a newer tele, my hand slides off XD nice pickup config u've got there too, sub.

to madwerewolfboy :: maybe coz strats are a little more versatile, more rock-looking?

haha hey not true, i own an american fender 52 reissue butterscotch..
sounds bloody hell awesome..

Everdying said:
ok gonna resurrect a dead thread here.

do the MIM teles follow the MIM strats in terms of upgrades?
eg. MIM strats after 2000 all had alder bodies, compared to mostly poplar before.
is this the same with the MIM teles?

yes

shouheng said:
subversion said:
Duncan's Hot Rails is a single coil sized humbucker.

is there a diff version for strat and tele? cos the single coils at music junction ps all say for strat.

if you are refering to the replacement units, make sure the bridge pickup has the mounting flap especially for tele, the strat one doen't have this contraption.

example of a tele pickup (bridge):
duncan_tele_hotrails.gif

strat version:
11205-02-B_400.jpg

hope i'm not too late...

I like this particular Tele...not sure what's its name but it's got a pickguard which is similar to the Fender Precision Bass...and has a humbucker for the bridge pickup...

Back