telecasters

by the way, how much is the gibson gold top at G77??? might be buying if price does not exceed the am std tele...

hide said:
i heard some of you mention tele with floyd rose
here you go

MaziBee_TeleBastard_Junkyard.jpg

This is evil :twisted:

wow...2.7k....dun hav tt much cash man....i dun see many ppl playing live with a telecaster.. or izzit jus me?

Thats why it is very unique...at 1st i was scared of getting a tele...because i dun see amny kids using them...but its good really,,,the sustain and everything..but of coz number 1 rule is to try a few guitars 1st before settling down.

The picture triggered this dormant spot in my brain, kickstarting this syndrome people call G.A.S. :(

the picture triggered a dormant need to buy a tele that looks like it was left in the sewer for a few months? hahahaha

this axe is too hardcore man ..

ChanMin said:
the picture triggered a dormant need to buy a tele that looks like it was left in the sewer for a few months? hahahaha

this axe is too hardcore man ..

i thought i saw some faeces stuck between the frets.

does the current teles come with a b-bender?

i'm saving up for a tele...

sub: how do u rate the mike stern tele as compared to a MIA/MIJ one? thanks in advance.

i think most teles u have to install them...there are soo many b benders availble on the market , most popular being hipshot for entry level and parsons.

if you listen to the clean part of Metallica's Unforgiven II, you can hear james play the telecaster and using the b-bender.

Basically, the b-bender(Parson's) bends the b-string when you pull down on guitar, provided the straps are on your shoulders.

Telecasters are the best IMO.
I own a v-necked MIJ 80's reissue (ash) with MIA texas pus.
looks great (MIJ's look the best IMO) and sounds great (pu are HOT)

I swore by teles during my speed metal days, and i still swear by them now as i do jazz and blues. I'd seriously recommend them to any metalhead.
THe guitar takes to distortion well, kinda like les pauls IMO.

Strats have this nasal sound which sounds orgasmic on the neck pu in clean settings.
But mid to high gain....... 8O
worst come to worst, you start sounding like malmsteen.

anyway,
i shall digress at this point...

has anyone tried the malmsteen signature.
I really loved the sound of the neck pu when its clean.

Its got this really bright sounding tone.
I LOVE the sound!!! And the scalloped fretboard!!
totally brings out the speed demon in you!!! such an ease to play..
Really explains how he can play so fast w/o warming up!!!
:D

but when its distorted.......
I cringe., Yet again..... it's one of the horror stories which you will never tell your grandchildren (if you live that long after hearing that sound~~)

maybe i shall get a tele with acoustic outputs and a scalloped fretboard from the 13-21 fret~~ :)

thats not a floyd tho

I swore by teles during my speed metal days, and i still swear by them now as i do jazz and blues. I'd seriously recommend them to any metalhead.
THe guitar takes to distortion well, kinda like les pauls IMO.

really?
i've always wanted a telecaster, but i was kinda afraid it'll be collecting dust due to the heavy stuff i play. Are the single coil pickups really that hot? say, compared to emg's

Back