stop modding your pedal

i want to mod my fingers, to play shredding like jason becker,paul gilbert or michael romeo.Cause there are so many people who can play like malmsteen...so common and easy.Its Just the speed and always sound the same.

djanggo said:
i want to mod my fingers, to play shredding like jason becker,paul gilbert or michael romeo.Cause there are so many people who can play like malmsteen...so common and easy.Its Just the speed and always sound the same.

I so totally agree with you... ;)

djanggo said:

I hope you didn't open up a can of worms there haha

omg malmsteen is easy? ...

malmsteen though abit over done.. is still a virtuoso in his own right. Only a matter of whether you dig his stuff or you dont.

jason becker , gilbert , michael angelo are also very good guitarists... no doubt, but its very myopic to say that so many people can play like malmsteen and that playing like him is easy, just cus shredding a harmonic/melodic minor lick sounds totally malmsteen.

i think malmsteen is quite a happening blues player....

But he really sounds lyk s*ite to me~~
lyk treble 11++ bass -56!!! -_-;;;

BTW~~

I was reading up somewhere that a lot of boutique pedals use classic circuits (eg TS-9 )
more of a matter of high quality capacitors and stuff inside.

IMHO, if malmsteen is a blues player then britney spears can sing!

Blues must have feel, Malmsteen again IMHO has got no feel when he play blues...

Its like lemmeshredthosepentatonicstopieceswhileibendthestringupanddowntogettheblues.

AGAIN IMHO.

edder said:
IMHO, if malmsteen is a blues player then britney spears can sing!

Blues must have feel, Malmsteen again IMHO has got no feel when he play blues....

LOL~britney spears can sing! thats one hell of a comparison..you're always as funny as usual man!!

but on a serious mode, i heavily concur what you say

hearing malmsteen play blues is tormenting

really no offence to malmsteen fans, but he should keep his freaking hands OFF blues..

IMHO too 8)

djanggo said:

Why can't U just be urselves??
Influenced?? Definitely..

Other than that, learn ur weaknesses and strive for the better..

Pseudo-Jazzman said:
true true~~
but there is always something you can learn from everyone~~

YES~~ even him~~ 8)

yes I totally agree...

malmsteen can learn all those sweep picking, arpeggio etc etc... he's the dictionary of reference if you wanna learn neoclassical stuff.

but BLUES? hell no.

my point is just malmsteen just can't play the blues. for other stuff that he does.. he is GOD but I'm no fan of his lah.

hahaah,malmsteen god??his blues vocabalary sucks,neo classical??check michael romeo,jason becker and other great shredder guitarist....better than him of course..when playing fast,he always play the same notes over and over again..harmonic minor king....you can never go wrong soloing over that scales.I used to idolize him until i listen to other guitarist like gilbert,becker etc with technic with speed and melody i cant comprehend.An eye opener to me.Thats why i can only see guitarist playing like malmsteen rather than jason becker cause Jason Becker is technically very difficult.

ok, please stop condemning other musicians. they have gone a long way to become what they are today and we should respect that. the choice of genre they choose is sometimes due to commercial viability. we might not know the reason behind.

respect them for what they are and not diss them for what they are not.

hey~~ chill man~~~

EVERY guitarist has something to say about malmsteen~~ be it good or bad~~

you gotta let it out man~~

not healthy to keep it in~~ 8)

Latest posts

Back