Selecting a Electric Guitar for a newbie

Ok too bad. Sold already. The sa120 is a H-H guitar.Wad if i wanna play clean sounds. Can it make sounds like a single coiL?

u dun have to play clean sounds with a single coil.

the tones produced by the humbucker and the single coils differ, tt's all.

Xypher said:
Ok too bad. Sold already. The sa120 is a H-H guitar.Wad if i wanna play clean sounds. Can it make sounds like a single coiL?

The Ibanez 5-way switching for H-H will surprise you. Its easily the most versatile 5-way switching for H-H out there now.

Here's my take. Ibanez RGs are gd machines, u cld try the RG321MH. Its a gd beginner gtr and it has fixed bridge so if ur transitioning frm acoustic/classical there shld be no worries abt tuning.Squiers and Epiphones aren't gd as they seem however, dun buy them. And Smarvo amps are cheap but NOT recommended bcos their support(e.g repair, warranty, etc.) is toally lousy. Vox Pathfinder 15R is gd but i dun like the Marshall MG15CDR. Ultimately, its up to ur taste.

And yes, SA series gtrs are great too, just watch the body and the neck. For RGs, change the PUs and u'll get a very all-rounded and versatile gtr. DO NOT get the GRG series or anything with GIO on the headstock as they dun measure up to the mainstream SA or RG series gtrs. Jus my thots, dun necessarily have 2 follow them. But do pm me if u have any qns, be glad 2 answer :).

What do u mean by watch for the body and neck? U mean some of them the body and neck are not good? Im looking at the SA120 specifically. Partly because i havent seen any other SA series. RG321 doesnt have a tremolo?

check out the sa260. very good guitar. well built, flat, smooth. HSS, with coil split. i would get one if i could. 321 is fixed bridge.

Quite ex eh.. $600 ard there. Im only a student. Unless i can find a good cond. 2nd hand one

Xypher said:
Quite ex eh.. $600 ard there. Im only a student. Unless i can find a good cond. 2nd hand one

Then save somemore.

I know of people who wouldn't bat an eyelid @ $200 for a designer wallet. Or shoes. Or even ONE t-shirt. And yes, students.

If you want something and you put your piorities right, why not?

I wudnt say im one of them. Really.

Its only my first guitar and i am gonna learn on it. My parents say that its not usual to spend so much on the 1st guitar. But at the same time they do not forbid me. Is it worth the extra 100/200 compared to the sa120? If so then i probably will buy the acoustic ( yamaha c310 maybe?) and then learn on it while saving for the sa260.

why learn electric guitar on acoustic? will be diferent although trains your fingers. hehe.

and yes i think it's worth. you get HSS, and i think single coils are great. you need a little mixture of both. hehe

are Epis/ Squiers lousy? not entirely, you must know what you're looking for. the Les Paul Ultra is anything but lousy. same goes for the Squier Deluxe models.

need you swap the default Ibanez RG pickups for them to perform better? not if you have a good amp for your tonal needs...

do you need to worry about your SMARVO breaking down? not if you take care of it, same goes for whatever other brand names you invest in.

i'm not targetting specific opinions here but we can be objective in our suggestions to those who need decision-making opinions.

df: if you need in-store demo/ recommendations, do let me know...

Xypher said:
I cant find a squier deluxe or a LP ultra in singapore. Maybe i searched wrongly.

acherly hor... where you search?

must search smart my young padawan....

Go to the right places...

Eat Big Mac must go McD not BK
Eat Zinger must go Kentucky not Mosburger

Hmm maybe i didnt look at the right places. I'm new to this guitar stuff so i dun noe many places.

I am going down to Swee lee at sims. Prolly next friday or sat.

Back