Selecting a Electric Guitar for a newbie

Ok. But is the les paul special 2 a good guitar? like below average or good? For that price range of cos. Are the pups and sound sucky or good enough for $300? Im gonna play rock, heavy sounding music like metal too. Punk rock, oasis type of music, muse type of music. MCR type of music. Not playing jazz blues etc.

rather den a les paul special..u shud go for the samick greg bennett ones..those are cheap..and value for money.

go search for samick at google. yes those samick GB are pretty good for the low price. they're sold at davis.

kid_slacker said:
rather den a les paul special..u shud go for the samick greg bennett ones..those are cheap..and value for money.

yeah. i bought mine yesterday...my first guitar ever (i used to train on my friends acoustic). its in SSH.

i play stuff like blink182..and so far it suits alright...

my friend recommended me that guitar..cheap price yet good stuff...i bought at Davis for $199...

and bought 10W amps etc and it all amounted to 300

i initially wanted the simple $199 package. but my friend said i'll regret getting it. the Samick Greg bennett is good...for me at least. hahaha..

being a noob..i cant really tell the differencde with a guitar with high gain, etc.

good price..for a newbie like me who's unsure how long he'll ever play the guitar

How about squier telecaster? or Ibanez grg series? Sweelee has the ibanez GRG starter kit.. It looks good..

The squier tele seems hard to get in SG too.. Any guitar to recommend for 1st timer at 600 and below? I tried my few of my friends guitars but can't really tell the difference. :(

Budget of 600 can give you some real quality guitars if you choose well. I highly reccomend trying out the yamaha pacificas.

Don't just buy a guitar for $600. Spend $250+ on Line6's guitar port and the rest on a guitar. Get a Squire. The best way to learn is to also hear what you're playing - being able to record.

Computer not included.

Cheers
RoRK

theblueark, I will check out the pacificas.. Any more? Im not sure i like yamahas.

I may buy the line6 thing...if budget permits. Ty for the recommendation anyway.

For pacificas... try to have an experienced guitarist there with you and make sure the store isn't crowded. :D

They differ in weight and tone... I was testing the 112J series.

Is the SA120 frm ibanez any good? Its review are nt bad. I need a guitar good at rock/heavy music rather than jazz/blues.

wad u guys think about a double fat strat? i have a double fat squier. i bought it cos, i liked e shape of a strat. but then i wanted humbuckers, so i bought e double fat one...

I may buy the sa120, since the squier strat is out of stock at swee lee (unless anyone knows another shop).

As for amp, i am looking at the vox 15R amp or the Marhsal 15w amp (both ard 200SGD.) and the Peavey rage 158 ( 100+). Nt decided though.

Back