Pedalboard Pictures!

Yup its yours, haha, does it suck tone for you the last time? I was learning "You Are Good" from your tutorial, awesome work there. anyway do you all have recommendations for a looper pedal?

Vox VDL-1 is good value if you want to explore more features, if not generally the Boss RCs are fine if pricey. But there are a ton of other options and it depends on what you want in a looper.

@Marked, it did but I had another buffer before or after it i can't remember.. that rectified it.

haha thanks, good to hear that it's helping people!

where do you play at btw? (if you don't mind me asking of course!)

About loopers, carboxymoron pretty much answered it.. The digitech jamman i tried was decent too.

O! I should have made it clearer, i was refering to a true bypass looper. I am using a RC-2 now, just enough for me to prac some scales with a simple backing track, easy to use too

@cyanide. Im using a wampler faux tape echo and apparently theres an annoying volume boost when my drive section is turned on with it but sounds neat with cleans.

i heard this happens for the memory toy sometimes so i wanted to check. damn hahah

If I'm not wrong the perceived volume boost could be due to the setting of the modulation on the Memory Toy. There is actually an internal trim pot to adjust the intensity of the chorus effect; mine is set lower than stock.

My Memory Toy has a "pop" sound when engaged. There might be a volume boost, but it's minimal nonetheless. But the pop is annoying. Went back to my DD-3.

Ah well, that's the drawback of most 3PDT switches. I find that the pop is only really audible when you engage the pedal while not playing anything though.

You could try swapping out the stock switch for those heavy-duty Carling silent switches, or those other silent true-bypass switches that TYMC sells, but be sure to first check if your pedal enclosure has sufficient space.

My Memory Toy has a "pop" sound when engaged. But the pop is annoying

This is due to stored capacitance being discharged when you engage the pedal. You can repeatedly switch on/off the pedal before starting your session/set, or sometimes a buffer in front helps.

New set up.

729e2820.jpg

Actually Eugene, 'Kahuna', built me that board.
It's. Color sound Sola Sound Wah Wah bro. Awesome wah pedal. On sale now to make way for another wah almost in. One more boost pedal coming in as well.

ooh nice. haha I need to build a board soon! Bought the handles.. but still need the material and the metal/aluminium sides..

Ah well, that's the drawback of most 3PDT switches. I find that the pop is only really audible when you engage the pedal while not playing anything though.

You could try swapping out the stock switch for those heavy-duty Carling silent switches, or those other silent true-bypass switches that TYMC sells, but be sure to first check if your pedal enclosure has sufficient space.

I guess pop can be eliminated by using resistance in series with the input and the ground. :D

Back