Pedalboard Pictures!

Guysssssssssss
i need help getting the right power supply.
My blackstar ht-dist uses 16VAC, Voodoo Labs AC provides 12VAC max, Cioks AC-8 also provides 12VAC max.
Is there any other way than getting the Cioks AC-10?
It's darn costly getting the AC-10 just for the Blackstar lol.

Or should i just get a normal (isolated DC power supply + blackstar adapter) ---> extension plug ---> wall
Switching from the CNB board to Pedaltrain soon.

you can do either.. I would use the AC10 because carrying an extension plug and two adaptors is quite a hassle..

Use the original adapter instead buying ac10. Costly only for 1pedal.
Or un-blackstar the pedalboard. N get another decent dist. Hihi :)

I had a couple of dudes in MDC who owned the blackstar pedal, and after introducing Goose's 7th to them, they decided to unblackstar their rigs.

But then again, the 7th really isn't a pedal for everyone.The 7th is bigger sounding and more amp-like, great for players who play with alot of dynamics while the blackstar has more saturation- better for beginners or players who want that compressed saturated lead tone.

Last edited:
Hey Darryl, wassup haha. Yeah lah u saw me buying the pt-3 so that is the outcome of things haha. Well as for doing away a ts type pedal was because I realized that I could use the katana with the boost knob out gives a better kick in the butt to my drive pedals because it is way more aggressive yet with more clarity than a ts pedal. I still have a Visual sound volume pedal on the floor that I use for swells but left it out cause it is too huge.

And I love a colourful board cause they r like boxes of candies kekeke, sweet!

haha....not everyone likes the mid hump of a TS style pedal... I like my pure drive with regards to that aspect as well! I hate drives that have too much compression....especially when I already have a killer comp on my board...so less compression is better, imo. You can make something uncompressed compressed, but not the other way round if the thing is already compressed, you get my logic, right?

I must try that fuzz someday...after all its made by zachary vex but i bet its in a different league compared to the fuzz factory aye?

I was once in your shoes, until i decided to unload my blackstar pedal due to this adapter problem and partially it's weight issues

I was once in your shoes, until i decided to unload my blackstar pedal due to this adapter problem and partially it's weight issues

That's a pretty valid assertion you got there, for me another cause of concern would be the tube inside the pedal - if it breaks during transportation, due to a knock or if the filament decides to go bust then you've got another problem on your hands- no drive pedal for your gig or jam.

I have a kalamazoo =D
I just love the blackstar and i plan to keep it there,
so i guess i'll save for a ac-10.

your comments comparing the blackstar and the 7th is biased towards the 7th since you own the 7th.
but it's okay, to each his own anyway.

I used to own a HT-dist but currently im using the seventh

to me i can get more kick outta the seventh as compared to blackstar, but the only thing is that at times the seventh seems to sound a little too harsh... and for me i do have problems using seventh as a stand alone drive, i'd usually stack it with my ocd

your comments comparing the blackstar and the 7th is biased towards the 7th since you own the 7th.
but it's okay, to each his own anyway.

Maybe, but well, just for the record, I've a/b-ed both pedals. I also did mention that the 7th isn't for everyone. Biased or not, opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one. Its all relative....

CaboWabo, fan of the OCD eh? I usually stack mine with my pure drive and my mp forest green comp. Your stacking combo reminds me of pedal-itis...he likes the OCD stacked with the 7th too :)

Last edited:
Swapped to a mini haha
386844_10150360261191580_705061579_8756629_1026258933_n.jpg

Yeah man they sound great...
The seventh really sounds great whenever it's stacked with another drive but using it alone isn't really my cup of tea, sometimes it really makes me wonder if i should off load my seventh for a riot or something partially also because when stacked the boost on the seventh doesn't really seems to cut out much... I guess i'm gonna make some changes after i get some cash from offloading my PP2

Well the boost on the 7th isnt really a boost per se.... unlike pedals like say, the box of rock. Neither can it be used independently without the drive engaged. With the boost on, the pedal is at full gain. The boost function was designed by Goose to enable you to turn if off for cleaner sounds, by rolling off your guitar's volume knob.

If you want something that cuts through for solos, I'd recommend either the CAE Boost/Line Driver or the Xotic EP Booster. I'm using the latter and I find it gives a really nice volume boost and warm cutting tone for leads.

haha....not everyone likes the mid hump of a TS style pedal... I like my pure drive with regards to that aspect as well! I hate drives that have too much compression....especially when I already have a killer comp on my board...so less compression is better, imo. You can make something uncompressed compressed, but not the other way round if the thing is already compressed, you get my logic, right?

I must try that fuzz someday...after all its made by zachary vex but i bet its in a different league compared to the fuzz factory aye?

Well the zvex gurus cioned the Mastotron as a close cousin to the Woolly Mammoth and a different beast from the fuzz factory. My experience with the mastotron is that the functions of the, wave knob, bass-sub switch (bass level) and the push/relax (boost) knob really makes it a rather versatile pedal for any guitar or bass platform. With all that said, i still think that "in your face" type of fuzz is still where it excels the most.

Funny enough, i never had much luck with fuzzes after trying out variants of fuzzes from non boutique to boutique . The closest I ever settled was the obscure Boss FZ-3 that was associated with early John Fusciante tone, although i eventually sold it with much regrets........

I see... i've thought of getting a boost but the thought of having so many drive channel is a little.. erm...
anyway nicely squeezed board you have there haha...
btw what are u powering your board with? doesnt seem like your power unit is powering everything eh?

IMG_0581.jpg

Just adding a compressor to my board, after i off load my pp2 and add a tuner,delay or even as suggested above another boost and i'll be done with my board!!!

I see... i've thought of getting a boost but the thought of having so many drive channel is a little.. erm...
anyway nicely squeezed board you have there haha...
btw what are u powering your board with? doesnt seem like your power unit is powering everything eh?

My entire board is powered with a Cioks Schizophrenic power supply... :)

7th on 12 V, everything else on standard 9 V......

Your VL power supply seems huge for a pedalboard of this size.... I used to own a BB supacharger but sold it off when I downsized to a mini.

Last edited:
Well the zvex gurus cioned the Mastotron as a close cousin to the Woolly Mammoth and a different beast from the fuzz factory. My experience with the mastotron is that the functions of the, wave knob, bass-sub switch (bass level) and the push/relax (boost) knob really makes it a rather versatile pedal for any guitar or bass platform. With all that said, i still think that "in your face" type of fuzz is still where it excels the most.

Funny enough, i never had much luck with fuzzes after trying out variants of fuzzes from non boutique to boutique . The closest I ever settled was the obscure Boss FZ-3 that was associated with early John Fusciante tone, although i eventually sold it with much regrets........

I should let you try my Goose custom fuzz someday.... The led zep era tonebender and joe bonamassa tones I get with it are just awesome.....

The FZ3 is one unique pedal! wayyy better the the FZ5, COSM modelling for a fuzz? what was boss thinking!

Im going to use a onespot in the future but i'll be using the vl till either it gets sold off or i run out of space, whichever comes first haha

btw are you able to close your case with the way you place your cioks? seems to be stickin out a fair bit

Back