Pedalboard Pictures!

haha jon sunday dont think can meet. got some church stuff man sry.

o_O Sweelee has certained items that are marked with an 'N' ahead of their price.

These items only have 5% off. As compared to items like boss which go as much as 40% off.

yup. So this one was about $200.

hurrahh!! another sc-2 user! hahahaha

awesome pedal isnt it?

Definitely :)

Great pedal. Really sweet.

I sold my MM due to not being too interested in obtaining metal tones any longer.

Since my drives range from : Maxon OD9 ( Low gain OD/boost ) to Barber Direct Drive ( High gain OD ) to a distortion that would be higher gain channel range than the DD but not as harsh as the MM. With versatile tweakability, the SC 2 appears to be my answer :D

k48sif.jpg

Finally managed to mount the BBE Supa-charger using 3M Dual Lock. This combination should suffice till my Toneczar Dove arrives in December. I'd like to squeeze many other pedals onto my Pedaltrain, but I don't think I'm likely to go for a Pro anytime soon. The PT2 alone is already pretty humongous.

I basically use it as an amp modeller, to simulate the preamp section of a blackface amp. My current practice amp is a Vox Pathfinder 15R, which has limited EQ tweakability. The Barb EQ also steps up the 9V input to 24V, which helps to increase the headroom of the overall signal chain. It is especially helpful in providing more 'space' to my tone, this is most noticeable with the openhaus, which is known for being picky with smaller amps.

It's more than a simple EQ pedal, and it's really good for what it does. I used to own a Danelectro Fish and Chips, and the Barb EQ beats it hands down.

oh thats super sweet. so it can be a direct replacement for a graphic eq eh? i want to replace my ge-7.

is it ur always on pedal? or do u use it like a booster like how some ppl use graphic eqs. as a mid boost

Hmm perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear. Think of the Barb EQ as a preamp section rather than an EQ pedal like the GE-7. David Barber recommends placing it at the end of your effects chain, not after the drive section (where you would place a GE-7).

If you want to replace the (rather noisy) GE-7, do check out the Fromel Shape EQ or Maxon EQ.

After using multi-efx for so long, I've decided to go back to stomp boxes. This is my very very humble set-up.. Nothing fancy.. It just gets the job done.

060620091165.jpg

For all u booteek purists, by all means, have a laugh at it... :mrgreen:

To those interested the signal path is as follows

Guitar > Artec Tuner > Artec Wah > Phaser > Beta Aivin HM-200 > Danelectro TOD > Danelectro Fish & Chips > Beta Aivin Super Chorus > Proel Volume Pedal > Beta Aivin Digital Delay > Behringer Digital Reverb

All connected via DIYed patch cables using Belden cables. Pedals are powered by via a regulated power supply connected with DIYed XLR connectors.

For all u booteek purists, by all means, have a laugh at it... :mrgreen:

Nice board. Seems like you got all the areas covered. Rock hard with that board. :mrgreen:

Don't worry about the mocking boutique crowd. Having boutique pedals doesn't make one a better guitarist. It merely highlights one having deep pockets or rich parents giving handouts. Secondary school or JC students with a boatload of boutique pedals still make me cringe. It merely highlights the level of materialism Singapore youths are so obsessed with.

Definitely :)

Great pedal. Really sweet.

I sold my MM due to not being too interested in obtaining metal tones any longer.

Since my drives range from : Maxon OD9 ( Low gain OD/boost ) to Barber Direct Drive ( High gain OD ) to a distortion that would be higher gain channel range than the DD but not as harsh as the MM. With versatile tweakability, the SC 2 appears to be my answer :D

do u happen to have a barber dirty bomb?
how will the sc 2 compare to the dirty bomb?

i have sc2 too, but is interested in the dirty bomb, ha

Don't worry about the mocking boutique crowd. Having boutique pedals doesn't make one a better guitarist. It merely highlights one having deep pockets or rich parents giving handouts. Secondary school or JC students with a boatload of boutique pedals still make me cringe. It merely highlights the level of materialism Singapore youths are so obsessed with.

YES OH MY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. i dont have a deep pocket but... but...
*escapes into "dont worry, after i fill up my board there wont be enough space to get new pedals... dont worry..."

Sorry Lifehouse, I fit into that category. :p

but I do agree full-on with what you said.

Pedals only constitute as part of your sound, ultimately if you can't play, you can't play.

Sadly, I can't play.

do u happen to have a barber dirty bomb?
how will the sc 2 compare to the dirty bomb?

i have sc2 too, but is interested in the dirty bomb, ha

Hmm nope sry bro i dont own the dirty bomb, nor tried one. Have listened to the sound clips though and i have to say like majority of the barber products, the pedal is really worth what you pay for.

But then again what one hears is subjective.

IMO, the sc2 and dirty bomb are 2 really different pedals. The level of dirt is there but the bomb is more towards the heavier side of music.

The sc2 is more of a classic/hard rock sort of pedal whereas stuff like the dirty bomb is for stuff like metal. Perhaps not the heaviest sounding pedal out there but a very very neat one that gets the job done nevertheless :D

Go test it out and if you do test one at tymc, do be aware of the pedal destroyer - the behringer amp :mrgreen:

mrekoj: I own a Dirty Bomb. It's really quite different from the SC-2, which belongs more to the 'DS-1' camp, alongside the Vox Satchurator. I agree with superpotato's assessment of the differences between both pedals.

Ized: Yeah dude, I've seen your space-maximising skills at work on your PTJR. However, I have this aversion to mounting pedals sideways. I think it's just me :p

Last edited:
Back