Pedalboard Pictures!

okayy i know ized has been waiting to see how i'd fit my stuff on a pt jr.. may not be the best but bear in mind i've got my wah on board! got my fueltank jr so decided to post some pics:)

3529981687_aaa43f60a7.jpg

Lovely fuel tank <3 (but was kinda pissed that i didnt do my homework on the requirements for the dd20 and as a result have to combine 2 outputs to run it on 18v)

3530017201_20b7d3bdeb.jpg

This was the arrangement i had before, and i was preparing to buy a nova modulator but later realised i didnt need it.

3529982271_4ded071526.jpg

this is the current board. with slight adjustments, i can easily put another a sereno picoso sized pedal where the red IMPACT sweet boxes are, and an mxr sized one where the black impact box is. this squeezyness makes it really hard to tap my tempo, so i will most probably raise the tap tempo to the same height as the dd7 later. the tap tempos for the dd20.

im dying to fill up the spaces! most probably will get a phaser or a trem, and a booster.

and i've even thought of making a platform to cover up my tonepress (since i set then forget and leave it on all the while) and put another pedal on it. board obsession.

goose: how would i get one of those? totally dont know anything about phasers. i was thinking of just getting a nano stone cause i think it sounds better than the phase 90. but the script one im totally unfamiliar. then there are others like the nebula and retrosonic which has more control..

Hey keithc my man, trust goose cause i heard it myself so did ized, the MXR RI Script Phase is really nice (point to point wiring with hand matched FETS, not the circuit board stuff in the normal phase90 and evh 90, so its all analog)....very simple to use, just one knob like the nano stone and not much bells and whistles unlike the new ones.....but imo it doesnt need the extras cause its the tone that kills and nothing beats the the grand daddy of them all! But if u prefer more controls then its not for u i guess since it is not as tweakable as the modern phasers. U can try redwitch moonphase, subdecay quasar or retrosonic phaser if you want loads of tweakability.

If u cant hear one personally, go to proguitar shop and view/listen to their demo clip and compare with the other phasers they have on offer. This will give u a better idea of it. Heck i am getting one myself pretty soon, cant wait!

Sigh Akira....Brad from tonefactor has yet to get back to me...how?

Nice board KeithC.....still need more effects to cover as much ground as possible.

I usually go for smaller-sized effects (such as my custom fuzz made by goose which replaced the humongous tweak fuzz), the copilot gyroscope which replaced my moog murf and the catalinbread stuff so that this way, i can squeeze everything together without having to tilt any effect. Canare flatheads are also a requirement.

Well bro i guess we just have to wait......haiz....wat to do, good things dun come by easily lol. I believe he is just too busy to go through all the mails, perhaps send him another one in case the old one is buried.

Catalin bread small efx r really small and nice, but sadly i have big feet thus i need a bigger board with big siz efx hahahaha (but damn my small clone, nova reverb and time machine is eating up loads of space), oh but one thing we have in common.......canare flatheads as a must!!! lol.

Last edited:
okayy i know ized has been waiting to see how i'd fit my stuff on a pt jr.. may not be the best but bear in mind i've got my wah on board! got my fueltank jr so decided to post some pics:)

3529981687_aaa43f60a7.jpg

Lovely fuel tank <3 (but was kinda pissed that i didnt do my homework on the requirements for the dd20 and as a result have to combine 2 outputs to run it on 18v)

3530017201_20b7d3bdeb.jpg

This was the arrangement i had before, and i was preparing to buy a nova modulator but later realised i didnt need it.

3529982271_4ded071526.jpg

this is the current board. with slight adjustments, i can easily put another a sereno picoso sized pedal where the red IMPACT sweet boxes are, and an mxr sized one where the black impact box is. this squeezyness makes it really hard to tap my tempo, so i will most probably raise the tap tempo to the same height as the dd7 later. the tap tempos for the dd20.

im dying to fill up the spaces! most probably will get a phaser or a trem, and a booster.

and i've even thought of making a platform to cover up my tonepress (since i set then forget and leave it on all the while) and put another pedal on it. board obsession.

How's the DD-7? I got both the echopark and DD20 myself.

MrBukka:
yeah man i searched on phasers on the forum and the threadstarter was you! i personally heard it myself too but would like it to be able to achieve subtle sounds for cleans and really deliberate whooshes if i do run it into the 7th. like sonic chaos stufff. hah jms, that was why i asked you if u were still taking tonefactor orders but my bad! didnt see properly.

ized:
thanks man, haha reason is because im still not that good a player, so well learning as time goes by. and poor too ahhaha. the entire board, i took a year to fill up the pt jr til this much, and i go slow and steady on my purchases. in almost every case of gas, i never have to make much of a loss for the pedals. so will wait and see how much i save before getting the mxr script phase 90. i'm out on chorus pedals because i dont play the leslie thing and realise modulated delays are THE BOMB FOR ME.

Goose ever posted before on a kind of cable that beats even flatheads. it has NO HEADS. and i pmed him about it but havent gotten back to you goose! i dont think i need them now anymore because it was the the previous arrangement where i wanted to fit a nova mod in. but goose i will still be getting to you soon.

siaoguitar:
the dd7 is the bomb.. usually i leave it on the HOLD mode and use it as a looper. but occasionally i'd set up the crazy delay kinda sound with the normal repeats for the dd7 and dotted 8s for the dd20. and into a stereo set up, the dd7 pans left right left right and the dd20 doesnt. really EDGEY sounds. the analog delay is the nicest on it. but my fav is still to run the modulated delays on the dd20 and dd7 together:)
epicnessity.

Hey man, its cool cause honestly phasers r dime and dozen out there in the market and there is always a certain phaser for a certain player so it is a gd thing to take it slow and find out what u r lookin for in a phaser. The reason why i wanted a simple phaser with killer subtle tone like the ri script phase is because i am pretty much a set and forget player who cant remember settings haha and i find it troublesome to tweak alot of knobs to get the sound lol (my not so gd experience with my boss ph3 phase shifter).

Btw most phasers r able to achieve the univibe sound, which u may find interesting.

Sharing my current board. Still trying to fill up the space available for a wider range of sounds i can produce to cover different genres

IMG_0182.jpg

Hey man, its cool cause honestly phasers r dime and dozen out there in the market and there is always a certain phaser for a certain player so it is a gd thing to take it slow and find out what u r lookin for in a phaser. The reason why i wanted a simple phaser with killer subtle tone like the ri script phase is because i am pretty much a set and forget player who cant remember settings haha and i find it troublesome to tweak alot of knobs to get the sound lol (my not so gd experience with my boss ph3 phase shifter).

Btw most phasers r able to achieve the univibe sound, which u may find interesting.

haha thank God for you, i almost got a ph3. or one of the boss ones.
actually im a player who uses one sound only as well, but i feel secure with the many knobs which market "versatility". eg, im still excited i got the 7th til now because i know there are some sounds i havent used, or found a practical and musical way to use. price wise.. the script is still cheaper than a retrosonic right?

Sharing my current board. Still trying to fill up the space available for a wider range of sounds i can produce to cover different genres

IMG_0182.jpg

Hi..

hows the Modtone chorus?

Why not mount the FT jr under the PT2? Seems quite troublesome if you keep unplugging:)

haha thank God for you, i almost got a ph3. or one of the boss ones.
actually im a player who uses one sound only as well, but i feel secure with the many knobs which market "versatility". eg, im still excited i got the 7th til now because i know there are some sounds i havent used, or found a practical and musical way to use. price wise.. the script is still cheaper than a retrosonic right?

Haha really?? U nearly got the PH3?? Well if versatility is wat u want the PH3 is actually gd cause u can get a whole array of different phase sounds from 4 step to 12 step phasing which is rare in pedals, i find the rise, fall and step modes pretty psychedelic as well if u want one.....if i am not wrong john petrucci used a PH3 for awhile. Although i would say that the PH3 isn't in the "warm" side of tones......that's my opinion.

Erm the script if bought 1st hand is cheaper than the retrosonic by a gd 70~80 bucks if i am not wrong. U can give the retrosonic a try too, cause it does sound gd too and has more controls if u like them (tymc carries them now). Although through my ears the RI script sounds warmer which i like thus this is all subjective. :mrgreen:

As for 7theaven keke, i have one too and love it! Its the only tweakable pedal that i really love moving the knobs cause there r so many sweet spots even after i have found my ultimate G spot on it hahahaha!

Haha really?? U nearly got the PH3?? Well if versatility is wat u want the PH3 is actually gd cause u can get a whole array of different phase sounds from 4 step to 12 step phasing which is rare in pedals, i find the rise, fall and step modes pretty psychedelic as well if u want one.....if i am not wrong john petrucci used a PH3 for awhile. Although i would say that the PH3 isn't in the "warm" side of tones......that's my opinion.

Erm the script if bought 1st hand is cheaper than the retrosonic by a gd 70~80 bucks if i am not wrong. U can give the retrosonic a try too, cause it does sound gd too and has more controls if u like them (tymc carries them now). Although through my ears the RI script sounds warmer which i like thus this is all subjective. :mrgreen:

As for 7theaven keke, i have one too and love it! Its the only tweakable pedal that i really love moving the knobs cause there r so many sweet spots even after i have found my ultimate G spot on it hahahaha!

serious!! share leh hahaha i always put my treble about 9oclock and mid about 2 oclock. i find that in a band setting it cuts really well, solid stuff but on my strat it still doesnt sound as tight til i push it.. shalalalallalalalal in e morning.

My fave setup for the 7th is presence at 11 o'clock, treble at 12 o'clock, mid at 11 o'clock, and bass at 3 o'clock. Hmmm gives me a something of a mesa crunch......loats of thump for chords and riffing yet enough to cut through while soloing with lots of smoothness.....at least to my ears lah haha.

i see, can already make sense of the sound in my head. the prescence is like a "light/dark" and the mids act a bit like a compressor to me. anyway its fun to tweak... now that you mention, maybe i will go test out the ph3 for myself. its not true bypassed eh? wonder if it'll suck a lot of tone.. (im not that anal about tone, up til now my wah isnt true bypassed)

Last edited:
Back