Pedalboard Pictures!

yeah i checked them out already. is it just me or does the ph3 actually sound better! i hate to believe it because of the price and because the world is telling me its lousier. then my mind starts to doubt, "perhaps its just the piezo on the JP". "maybe its a different amp". and then again with the tap tempo and that really cool sounding mode...

Sharing my current board. Still trying to fill up the space available for a wider range of sounds i can produce to cover different genres

IMG_0182.jpg

how's the dl-8? i'm hoping to get it at the sweelee sale!

yeah i checked them out already. is it just me or does the ph3 actually sound better! i hate to believe it because of the price and because the world is telling me its lousier. then my mind starts to doubt, "perhaps its just the piezo on the JP". "maybe its a different amp". and then again with the tap tempo and that really cool sounding mode...

Well besides the JP6, another huge factor is petrucci's amp rig (still using the mesa roadking in the vid) that made the PH3 sound somewhat better, btw he was using the step mode so its like a phase lovelovelove modulation thingy, pretty psychedelic lol.

But imo the PH3 somewhat lacks body and warmness to the phasing due to it being digital, as for the tap tempo i never really used it because once u set the tempo with it, it doesn't reset to default even after u switched the tap tempo function off which is kinda annoying :twisted:, although it is somewhat useful sometimes when u need to adjust the speed of the phasing halfway through the song.

Imo the PH3 doesn't suck cause it's very versatile in a very compact package sold at a very reasonable price. It's like a phaser that does it all, with crazy phasing sounds. So if u dun mind it being tonally lacking to a certain extent, go try one and buy one if u like it!

bigblackbear: i was thinking a really long time about the DL8 too, but the dd7 does better in terms of looping (40 secs vs 20 secs, tap once vs hold down).
tonally the analog beats it too i think.
its smaller, and cheaper... yep.

mrBukka: oh well bro, we've hogged the thread for a page. a lot of talk but no moolah = no pedal til the next month or so!

I have been gas-ing for PT Jr. :D

j_m_s: May I ask what angled guitar cable are you using?. What's the last pedal on your board?.

That's a cheapo Ibanez RA cable right there. haha waiting for some stuff to set into place and I'll upgrade to Evidence Lyric HGs for most of my rig.

Thats a Malekko Echo 300 Bright. Its a delay.

I would like to know that too. You should do a video recording with it and post it up on YouTube.

Find me if you are selling the cable off cheap. :D

I also heard got Swee Lee sale... ^.^

But I'm not really interested in getting anything from there right about now... HAha...

Hey james thanx man, heard lots of great stuff abt the malekko nice tone and delay (one of the best in the market rite now imo) but 300ms i feel is alittle short for me though keke....what do u like abt the 300 bright bro as in how does it make u feel?

hmmm. 300ms is very short actually. haha. But I use my eventide timefactor off board for my longer delays.

The malekko is an "always on" delay pedal.

It feels good, but if it had a longer delay time it would be much better. check out the malekko echo 600! haa

Back