Pedalboard Pictures!

DSC_9192.jpg

The next piece of my board is here. Did some updates, then plugged it in to test out the presets. and my oh my. I AM FLOORED. seriously. totally rocks my socks off. Now will someone buy the pedals and guitar Im selling to i can get my Nova Modulator?!?!?!

Cheers
James

^ not getting a modfactor with go with that? :) i had the modfactor for quite a few months, and it was really impressive. the only thing that bugs me is the damn wall wart, which is like double the weight of the pedal. =/

talking abt modfactor, my only dislikes abt it are the wall wart, and it has very minute "delay" when im changing presets or turning the presets on n off. like most digital pedals out on the market now.

damn eventide stuff.....I wanna go for their rack mounted stuff when i've got the moolah....Eventide Harmonisers are the shit!

Nice one james, why wanna sacrifice the effort and time you took to assemble 2 dd5s and an analogman delay for this? Especially when it looks rather bulky to me. not much space saved imo.

the sponge bob pedals are nice! i wanted to do something like that with my cmatmods comp which i think is pretty ugly stock. i remember seeing another spong bob themed pedal on the byoc pedal pageant site last time. not sure if you saw that as well or whether that was yours! haha but the guy made the knobs the eyes as well.

anyways i cant paint for nuts and my cousin and gf who normally paint for my were all busy so the cousin suggested rub ons and this is how it turned out

P1010086.JPG

not bad yeah. quite yindian but i like it :D was gonna go with a bright acrylic paint and plain black rub ons but did it the other way around in the end.

amen! I hate the wall wart as well. heavy as crap! it sure does sounds good though, dearxarson, on the timefactor theres a feature to blend in the old patch with the new one you are switching to, works great, not sure abt the modfactor.

Jskadiang, Im considering between the nova modulator or modfactor. haha. haiya. talk when i have the money lah! haaha.

@ Ized, haha bro. I spent about 1.5 years sourcing out my 2 DD5s and analogmandelay. LOL. but yeah. they;re gone now.. the eventide takes up the space of two dd5s. space is definitely saved(cables) i also have more delays at my fingertips and more presets.

The switching might be abit hard to get used to. but once im used to it, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

dang.. my thumb hurts like crap now. I sprained it whilst playing volleyball in school.

well do feedback how does it compare to your old setup and your memory lane. and maybe the nova delay. My main gripe about the nova delay....yes it was powerful and huge sounding. but i what i dint like was that it totally overpowered my sound...i just wanted a delay that dint affect my dry signal and just sit below the mix while adding some repeats. I like tonal integrity and i think there were too many a/d to d/a (analog to digital and vice versa) convertors going on in that thing? No wonder why so many ppl are selling off their nova delays.

1.5 years is a long time man...not to mention alot of $$$ too :D

the main problem i have with the modfactor is that you can only use one effect at a time, so no combining flanger with say, tremolo-pan. also, it's a tad bit unwieldy to use because if you wanna change from the chorus to the ring mod you have to cycle through 9 sets to get to it, which can be a big problem onstage. however, imo the quality and tweakability of the effects (and the undulator!) more than make up for it. although the wall warts might be a bit much to handle.

ah, thats what the nova mod can do.

you can use a 1spot for it too, but you need the Line6 converter.

Ized, i sure will!

it is possible to use 2 at one time, except it isn't a real time stompbox-esque chaining of 2 effects. rather you have to set presets to include the effects you want, with parameters and everything set. it is possible to modify parameters on-the-fly with an expression pedal, but to assign the knobs kinda limits your sound.

for instance, if i wish to have a flanger and trem in one, i have to create a new preset, assign flanger to preset, set desired characteristics of flanger (wave shape etc), assign parameters to be controlled for flanger to exp pedal/MIDI, repeat for trem. the end result is a flanger/trem that can perhaps have its speed modified on the fly.

if you are looking for a particular sound, there is none better however. the insane number of tweakable parameters and settings allows you to nail any modulation you might have in mind. /advertisement over. I used it as a replacement for ALL of my modulation pedals, which knocked pedals such as my deluxe electric mistress right off the board. in fact, the only reason I sold it was because I was replacing my entire pedalboard setup with a g-system, which would hopefully simplify everything. (now that i'm looking at wiring diagrams, i doubt that)

edit: j_m_s, you can use it with a 1spot, but the current draw is 1200ma, which does not leave much for your other pedals. 2 eventides? not much diff anymore. :(

Last edited:
yeap very true. I still prefer the intuitiveness(is there such a word? LOL) of the single pedals. MUCH easier to use IMO, and more controllable.

on the other hand I don't think the timefactor will suffer from this same problem, seeing as it's delay, delay and more delay. i used a nova delay with my modfactor, and it was always much easier to set stuff and tweak on the fly with it. but the modfactor is really worth it imo for a nice box of top-class effects for just over 600 dollars, instead of spending 400 on a choralflange, then 200 on a script phase 90 and so on.

mm very true. haha. i was considering a nova actually. Im looking to build a small board for jams and that might go on the small board. in the long run though, I'm now quite broke after the timefactor blew a big hole in my pocket.

and its about time to tie up the purse strings too.

haha well yes just to add analog stuff still has a certain warmth and mojo to it too i feel. That was one of the main gripes i had with the nova delay....even the tape delay mode dint quite cut it for me. The DD7 does the analog delay dm2 emulation pretty well though.

yeah the colour knob on the nova delay wasn't really a plus point for me. i had mine set to almost fully digital because the tape and analog ones just seemed to be forced to sound that way rather than sound like a natural emulation of an analog or tape echo, like 'organically digital' if that makes sense.

yeap it does. Personally, I'd like an analog-ish or analog delay on board as well. for oscillation and the darker repeats, almost like an ambience effect, something like reverb, but not reverb(okay that did not make much sense. LOL)

Back