Pedalboard Pictures!

YES !

Its either PP2 or DIY !! for me .....

pedal2board.jpg

why not get someone to build a power box for you? can customised how many 9V and 12V or 18V you want.....price is so much cheaper than any of the brand and you dun have to worry about daisy chain overload :D

I've went from using 1Spot to 2 x 1Spot to a PP2+

1 x 1Spot --> Noise from the modulation pedals esp when both modulation & dirt pedals are on

2 x 1Spot --> No more noise.

PP2+ --> Was quieter (!) and when assigning dirt pedals to different isolated outputs (i stack my drive pedals) I get less noise too. Also, the feel of my dirt pedals changed... for some reason.

Yeah Goose... for the more sensitive dirt pedals, like fuzz or tranny stuff, the battery does have a... certain sound/feel to it. I have not tried but that Sag function on the Voodoo Labs PP2+ apparently can be used to emulate a battery's output...

Anyway, the MOST difference I've heard using a battery was.... in a wah. :)

yup ...i use batt for my wah too !!

btw ...i got this ol' soundtank auto wah .....totally rocks.. shred ...especially with batt!!

and now it looks like the gator power supply is fully isolated and its freaking small and cheap!

Don't take my word for it,

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=255651

its like 80 USd and I think its much smaller that the PP2+,,and yes it can take universal voltages, that means even if you buy it in the US, it should work here, or basically you can gig everywhere around the world without having to get a stepdown transformer..

sounds too good to be true :D

Don't take your word then omg you take thegearpage's word for it?

Here this is the page I always refer to for powersupplies:
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/psu.htm

Andres seems to question if it is isolated. The fact that they say each output produces 250mA does point to that, but these days with all the marketing, the only way to truely know is when someone buys one and opens it up.

The Gator, if not isolated, then like the Dunlop DC brick, seems to be a stupid idea. They both still need a seperate adapter. So basically the difference between them and a 1-spot is the 1-spot has an adapter, and a daisy chain the size of wires. These have an adapter, and a daisy chain the size of a brick.

This powersupply got me interested for quite a bit actually:
26-SPB-8.jpg

Until edo pointed out to me that the 9v outputs only produced 100mA each. More than enough for your drive pedals but it probably won't run a DD20.

As with the gator and dc brick, it also requires an adapter though:
SPB-8-wiring.gif

The god of powersupplies is still the Flatliner methnks:
http://www.burkey.nl/flatliner engels.htm
cesar%20garcia.jpg

wow great post blueark!Wasn't asking anyone to take tgp's word for it, merely showing where my educated guess came from.

i got one question, the artec power supply juices 100mA per 9V outlet, besides the Boss Twin series, it should be able to run most of the other normal single modulations and delays rite?

DC ground loops ... the noise culprit!!

If its one transformer with multiple output (eg PP2) we can eliminate ground loops effectively giving noise free operation....but one step down into multiple regulators (eg Artec, Dc brick) is pretty much similar but taps one high mA transformer.

This topic has been beaten to death in various other forums >>> the verdict = pay $$$ for the best ...or DIy ...period!

100mA can cover three to four dirt pedals or at least two Boss type delay pedals which draw ~50mA.

I try to avoid anything switchmode :wink:

id get the artec in a blink if it had 2 18v outlets

my mxr 10 band eq has a given 18v adaptor, can i daisy chain that adaptor for other 18v pedals? or do u guys think its just meant for the eq?

At last time I used Artec SPB-8...
Korea Brand...but made in China..

cheap and good...
can supply to 8 pedals...
But if U connect 8 pedals, SPB-8 never welcome^^
that time make some noise...not good..
I think SPB-8 is good when U use 6 pedals below...

I think Korean make good power Supply...but a little bit expensive..
See the Pictures..

G-Labs PS-1

main_img.jpg

product_01.jpg

product_02.jpg

product_03.jpg

Input IEC connector
220V 50/60Hz
Outputs 1.2~18V DC (100~200mA) * 10 channel
AC 9V (500mA) * 1 channel
AC 12V (500mA) * 1 channel
Short circuit protected
Physical 21 x 12.5 x 7.8 Cm(8.3x4.9x3 inch)
1.9 Kg ( 4.2 lbs.)
Special Toroidal power transformer
1.2~18V DC Adjustable Knob * 10

I used this one...but too expensive...
about S$800...

and I`m using this now!!

Custom Power..

pwr4_1.jpg

pwr4_2.jpg

pwr4_4.jpg

U can use 10 pedals...
U can choose power for U!!
adjustable 4 channels...(4.5V-12V)
9V 4 channels..
Hi amp 1 channel...
(choose 9V&12V, 9V&18V, 12V&18V)
AC 1 channel...
(choose 9V, 12V, 18V)
and extra 220V output...
very compact and good^^

price is about S$ 450...also a little bit expensive..

If U looking for cheaper one...
See this one..

Custom Audio Japan..
can connect 7 pedals...

%uD30C%uC6CC%uC804%uCCB4.gif

At last time I used Artec SPB-8...
Korea Brand...but made in China..

cheap and good...
can supply to 8 pedals...
But if U connect 8 pedals, SPB-8 never welcome^^
that time make some noise...not good..
I think SPB-8 is good when U use 6 pedals below...

This can't be good...

I have the Voodoo Labs PP2+ and about 15 pedals. No noise.

I was looking for cheaper alternatives pior to deciding on the PP2+. Gator never mentioned their power supply has isolated outputs.

I recently just upgraded my pedalboard. Sold off my Pedaltrain 2 and got a Gator Pedaltote Pro and a smaller Gator Pedaltote that comes complete with the power supplies. So what I did was both power supplies were attached to the Pedaltote Pro leaving the smaller one without any, which is fine cos I don't need it there. It seems okay...no noise. :)

IMG_1278.jpg

Pity Yamaha doesn't sell the power supply on its own.

snuffleupagus: 100mA will run almost every pedal there is. Check the power list here: http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/power/list.htm Looking through Boss, it will run every pedal except the DD20, CE20 and EQ20. Even the RC20 runs only on 85mA, but the RC20XL needs 120mA.

As a comparison, the DS1 only takes 6mA and a TS9 takes about 7mA. Which means 100mA is plenty for most pedals, and you can daisy chain them too if you still don't have enough points.

I have never tried it, but I think you should take zakk's word for it if he says it's noisy. He seems to know his stuff.

The G-Labs PS-1 looks great! Wish more of these foreign products will get into the international market, or we're always stuck using American ones.

Back