need wah pedal recommendation

blahblah

hey guys im thinking about buying a wah pedal but i dont know much about pedals so need your help. which wah pedals are affordable and sound reasonably good? and where can i buy them? thanks.

hey, i had a vox v847 modded with an ac socket , true bypass and a q trimmer, but i sold it and chose a bad horsie 2 instead.

1. i want switchless operation, its a little frustrating to push your full weight on the toe end to engage and dis engage the wah, especially when sitting down

2. its great for high gain sounds and comes with a contour and a level knob.

Get the morely if

1. you want switchless operation
2. you are using it primarily to colour your sounds and arnt into the wacka wacka wah sounds
3. you prefer wahing over high gain songs

have a good hunt!

AsphaltMK said:
how about morely wah pedals? are they any good?

The bad horsie 2 ... is nice with dist ...
but when you play clean ... very muddy ~!
i didnt like it ... perwsonal preferance ~

I've got a CB535 ... no Q
It's out of production, but i think swee still has afew in stock ~
I LOVE the noiseless switch .... and the LEDs...
at least i know when it's on or off ~!

presently it's being modded to include 2 fasels, yellow and red to toggle between.
Adding a Full-tone pot,
and changing the original 4-way switch-selector to a 6-way.

Cant wait to get it back ~!
hahahahahaha ~!

Hmmm.... blahblah, wahs are VERY personal effects... Its really either you like them or you don't.

Take down a list of all the wahs the ppl have mentioned here, then go give them a shot... this thing is really a "let your ears decide" matter.

Blahblah, choosing a wah pedal can be pretty subjective since wah tone is relative to each one of us. I love the vintage "wah" thats why I settled with a 847.

If you want to hear an mp3 of a Vox847, feel free to send me a pm.

I recently added some resistors to increase the bass response, add a little more mids and to improve the vocal quality even more (the 847 is one of the most vocal pedal). I am currently fine-tuning my sweep range as well.

Hope that helps

i'm using a Vox 847, planning to get it modded soon.

it's really up to your ears,and your preference. I love vintage sounds mixed with some new school stuff, and after trying out a few wahs, i settled over this one.

what type of sound are you after? budget range?yeah...=)

I once had a... Morley Pro II Series Wah.

Very "wide" range of wah feel. Its not lik crybabies where their expression pedal the range, is small. For morley, its very very wide lol.

But the disadvantage abt morley is tt, u need to step onto the button then can start wah-ing. Unlike crybaby, just give ur expression pedal a harder step then its activated.

for stock sounds... I'll go for a Vox. But where's the friggin power supply socket in year 2005?

The regular Crybaby GCB95 works well and sounds ok.

If you've got TONS of money... Geoffrey Teese is the name in wah pedals.

had a Snarling Dog's Bawl Buster Bass wah ...

the sweep was Huge !!!!!!!
but .. the wah was only 2 cm ...
after that ... it was just a tone control ....
hahahaha~!
wat's the point of having such a big sweep when there's not range to it ?
i havent tried any of their guitar wahs .. so cannot comment ~

wat's the reason behing some wahs behaving like a tone filter ?
ie. Morley Pro II
is it the fasel ??

mulyadi said:
i'm using a Vox 847, planning to get it modded soon.

it's really up to your ears,and your preference. I love vintage sounds mixed with some new school stuff, and after trying out a few wahs, i settled over this one.

what type of sound are you after? budget range?yeah...=)

hmm..i want a more sort of modern kind of tone not really vintage something like the wah vai uses on tender surrender or the one slash uses to play civil war live...budget probably...100 or more? not too expensive.

Then crybaby original

Its got that classic feel and sound.

Hmmm i duno abt this, but i heard from someone...

Wah pedals like Bad horsie/ horsie 2 and 535Q are more for those with heavy distortions or like very distorted sounding stuffs...

Unlike crybaby classic/orignial, its more of a OD and clean wah rather than heavy distortion.

Then again, its all up to personal preference. But thats what i feel as well, same as what my friend told me.

wahs?

I have almost all the wahs. Morley is great for its optical pots. However it doesnt get that warm sweet wahs.. quacky tone. The best is the RMC wah. The tone cannot be beaten....

Latest posts

Back