need wah pedal recommendation

gargamelesp said:
hey, i had a vox v847 modded with an ac socket , true bypass and a q trimmer, but i sold it and chose a bad horsie 2 instead.

1. i want switchless operation, its a little frustrating to push your full weight on the toe end to engage and dis engage the wah, especially when sitting down

Me too - this is the best thing about the BH2 (I have one). I used to have a Crybaby and it was really inconvenient to have to press down quite hard to feel that little 'click' that it had disengaged, not to mention that it obligated you having the full wah treble position at that point in your playing.

A foreseeable drawback is for those players who want to leave the wah in a set position as a filter (Kirk Hammett used to do this by using a bass amp and the wah in full treble, but only because he couldn't afford a proper guitar amp :)). Personally, I don't do this - I love my BH2! Shame my wah technique sucks and i have no rhythm...

nebo1981 said:
The bad horsie 2 ... is nice with dist ...
but when you play clean ... very muddy ~!
i didnt like it ... perwsonal preferance ~

I have very good results with the Bad Horsie clean - you can hear more 'wah' range than if you use it with a high gain setting - my experience :) yours is obviously different.

Well ive got a Morely pro Series2!
works wonders for me!

experiment arnd and you'll get the pic soon!
but while doing so u hv to knw wat kind of music u wanna play cos diff wahs gif diff kindsa sound but generally a wah is a wah!

as they say " Get a morley and step on it"
hehe cheers!

+ 1 on morley

i got a bad horsie 2 and I can use it to play with feedback by upping the level knob. ^ ^

hey guys. how about the morley wah/volume pedal. does it control the level of distortion when its in volume mode? or it just increase the volume only?

Back