need wah pedal recommendation

i guess the crybaby original is the most affordable wah if you're under budget
cost $170.

nice sound, wont go wrong if it's ur first wah.
i use hard distortion but it still can cut thru, but not as well as the 535Q

the DB-02 wah can really cut thru for high gain distortions

but since u wan a vintage sweet tone, mayb the classic or original?
i only tried the original b4, so no comments on the classic

Alternatively, you can do some research on the components of the McCoy pedal and do a mod from a stock Vox 847. There is information to be found if you look at the right places.

I've heard modded pedals that sound almost identical to the RMC and if you were to do a blind test, it is indistinguishable even to people that swear by McCoy's tone.

Do some research, get the right pot, inductors and the correct values of resistors and capacitors and you'll save tons of money acquiring the RMC pedal.

interesting..i'll check it out..yupz...

anyway, i read this in the boss catalogue, about their modeling wah pedal, PW-10, sounds pretty amazing, with the crybaby wah, vox wah and other models of wah. I think it should be available @ sweelee. got one guy selling it at luthermusic for $170 i think?

Another wah pedal worthy of considering is the WD-7 from Ibanez. But it's about 200 bucks up...these stuff got the range...i mean, if you're looking for alternatives to morleys and stuff.

if you wanna play vai, go for his bad horsie...maybe a little bit overkill at times, but hey, if you like his tone, that's one to go. crybabies aren't bad too!

which one is more suitable for
guns n roses, metallica, vai ?

morely bad horsie ?
vox 847
crybaby 535q
ibanez wd-7 (read that its not very durable)
which one is more vocal under high gain?

Slash uses a Dunlop rack system and correct me if I'm wrong but Kirk Hammet uses some kind of rack system as well.

Steve's Vai wah has a very diff tone (Bad Horsie 2) and it has that distinctive modern hi-pitch wah.

My advice to you is to try out the pedals personally or do some research and listen to some sound samples. Its impossible to find a wah pedal that can emulate all your fav guitarists and there're so many other factors involved as well.

For me, I like to catergorize the pedals as :

If you're looking at something that works well with hi-gain and you're not too keen on clean wah and you prefer a modern vai wah as compared to the wintage vocal wah - get the bad horsie

If you know what you want - and you love the vintage vocal sounding wah. If you want you clean wahs to sound as good as your overdriven one... The stock Vox847 would be perfect for you.

If you want flexibility and versatility and you're experimenting with the possible tonal capabilities of wah, get the 535q.

Hope that helps.

yeah be sure to try out all, one thing i dun like about the 535q is there's too much possibilities in the wah =X

too lazy to play around with all the settings. i just wan a simple plug and play thing...yeah
my friend had a 535q and found it too troublesome too

where buddha comes down from heaven and wails at people??? :D By the way, had trouble finding the arts house... did you go?

nah... budda makes killer high gain amps as well .. but the price tags for budda products are REALLY 8O. not for the weak hearted.

sorry la i was playing at some small gig ...it ended quite late.. just came home straight.

I've heard very good reviews and recommendations for the Budda Bud-Wah. There is a growing group of followers that swear by its wah pedal.

I've not hear its tone in person but from what I've gathered pple who are using it are raving about its true bypass (which can be modded in any pedal) and its custom inductor for its vocal sound (which also can be bought and installed). Furthermore its almost twice the price of a dunlop or vox pedal.

I doubt the pedal is worthy of its price mark but I'll withhold any judgements until I can hear it with my own ears. By the way, are there any Budda pedals in Singapore?

well i only know of ONE guy. Hes willing to sell to me if the price is right... my Vox hasnt retired yet (soon)... so will be thinking.

lol, we didn't go too... had trouble finding the place, so we just went plaza sing ate yoshinoya and beat my brother in marvel vs capcom 2... sorry OT*

wah2.jpg

is this wah pedal moddable
?

i'm looking to get a wah pedal tt's usable for my guitar n bass.. besides the hellbabe wah and the boss aw-3 are there any others?

Back