My gig experience @ Gas Haus

playingplay said:
we as an experiance band
quote: "and when i shred, i kill people instantly, they just drop... on the floor, they just die, its pretty amazing to see..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs

u band should get those equipment shown in that vid... then, u'll really pwn ppl's arse... if not, u've got to be humble enough to ask the sound tech for help, and learn everything so that next time, u can tweak on sound on stage and tell the sound man what kinda eq u want for ur mics...

MadWereWolfBoy

Well, it's funny that u says, "to be humble and ask the sound tech for help and learn everything so dat next time, bla bla bla bla....
let me just summarise and quote wat u says bro.
gas haus has these little little gigs only because it is really cheap or most likely zero cost and just profit sharing for ticketing sales to organise a small gig. No offence to anyone but when organiser has limitation finance to spend to do gig, well, gas haus is the best option to just organise one.
so, of course you only get for wat u paid for. Dun expect to get a ferrari wen u have just enough for a suzuki n knowing the difference of wat both brand can do is very important .. what i'm trying to say is... u guys just have to settle down with wat is just there with only dat that little money spend and also when the equipment is just that, that and that, complain if u must, anyway, no good sound engineer or learning can help you or do a good job.
so if u ask me, what can those equipment you see at gashaus do. i would just says "NOTHING AT ALL", nt even decent enough to do a small gig.

yea they have marshall half stacks but they dont even mic it up, no bass amps, whats the point of having good amps then? some people plug their crap metalzone in as well, so whats the point of having good amps?

ChickMagnet, will a microphone make the guitar sound better in Gas Haus? if so, which microphone would you recommend?

soft

bro a mic-ed up amp will definately sound better than going PREAMP out direct into the mixer, because that is what they do. you know how F*cked up tt sounds like? and whats with questioning me about microphones, sarcasm?

ChickMagnet, no need use profanity.

i am trying to understand better the situation where you mentioned the need to mic up the guitar amp. this is because i feel the amp is loud enough to fill the place without any amplification through the main pa speakers.

were you performing or part of the audience? did you feel that the guitar amp's volume was soft or loud?

wah chickmagnet ...so direct..
James is just asking for suggestion man...hey bro soft ..a normal 57 shld do fine..Im sure you know right..hehe :)abt the placement of the mic thats another matter ...:)

actually i`ve played at Gas Haus but i could not remember if its mic or go to preamp or anywhere else :) but i think the tone not that bad la...

aiya ..just play the first song on your set as a soundcheck la..then improvise accordingly ..haha..

hmm, well its hard, its part of my daily language. Performed once and watched 1 or 2 gigs there. It is great that they provide you 4X12s, which is quite rare nowadays. However, what they did was to go preamp out from the amp, I'd rather they not put the amp throuth the mixer then. I didnt really know how it sounded like through the house PA till I watched the other bands. Man was it terrible. As i've mentioned before, try plugging your distortion pedals direct line in into your com without any DI-box and you'll get an idea. For a place like Gas Haus which is holding gigs so often, it is definately worth spending on improving the overall sound. The band is good and the sound is crap, I think that sucks big time. People dont pay money just to see others standing on stage with their instruments ya know?

penguin, did you feel that the amp was loud or soft when you performed? i am refering to the direct sound from the amp and not through the PA.

also, when you listen to other bands performed before or after your slot, did the guitar sound from the amp sound loud or soft?

the reason why i am asking is because i have been to Gas Haus a few times and most of the guitarist turn up their amp too loud. if i was the sound engineer, i would definitely not pump any of the guitar sound into the main speakers until they lower their amp's volume.

Latest posts

Back