unappricative kids

if ya experience
such thing would not happen

equipment no doubt count but its the skill itself tt matter

if ronin etc have no prob with the inhse equipment
why complain

reflect back

its nt the best place but its alot better then most

wow, this is quite an active thread man! but guys try n keep it to 'how stuff can be improved,' and not complain all the time. at least there is a venue such as Gas Haus, and its pretty decent. imagine all these venues close down, then we'll be holding gigs at our homes man!!! :lol:

but yes, constructive criticism always has a way of solving stuff in my opinion.

Viva la Local Scene!!!!!! :wink: love it

XTREME-BOY

Well what you are doing is good but just need to improve in the venue portion..That's all at the moment that can be said will solve the issues the bands are feeling. Since GAS HAUS is the only option now to hold gigs then i gues they also have to really support the scene by providing some improved sound system and professionalism...

I once played at Gas Haus before and i shld say it was quite a refreshing experience...

The equipments and sound all were ok.. sound man was friendly.. no complaints.. But after the gig was over, the organizer asked us to help transport the equipments back to the jamming studio!! Is it a norm for bands to be asked to transport stuff back to studio after gigs?? my first time playing there so don know the "house rules"..

Other than that everything else was ok.. :D

Well i don think it is a norm but to help is always free la...It is good if the bands help and get involve..At least they might appreciate the work the organisers are doing.

I think we are just nobody. So we shouldn't expect much from organiser or venue. Roy is an exception rather polite to us and he respect every band.

mightymouse said:
wow, this is quite an active thread man!

*laughs* im ok with anything! VIVA LA LOCAL SCENE!

eh mouseman, will ya be dropping by to check us out (again) on the 19th?

Kash said:
Why don't SOFT & Aging Youth combine a do a show??? You guys have better reputation, good sound knowledge of the equipment & the bands...Definitely it will be a happening show....Show this GAs Haus or Mr. ROY how it is done..

Why don't you try organising your own first?? Stop dissing local places.. its gd enough that we have places to hold gigs.. and now you complain abt sound.. this and that.. you guys can never be satisfied.. :roll:

you know how much $$ it takes to maintain all the current equipment + rent let alone buy new stuff? step into other's shoes first before you complain abt them.. more than anything you would realise that your feet are too small to step into their shoes (unless you're damn rich :lol:)

I've played there before, and the stuff were acceptable. If I had any qualms with it, I would bring my own stuff ( which I cant afford ).

So, i'm grateful for what is given.

A recent beach party (trance) in Tainan, Taiwan ended in disaster. The organizer has been extorted by secret society there and a girl was raped at the party. The organizer, who digs deep into his own pocket, is so disheartened til the point where he wants to quit altogether.

Be thankful, you are not facing these problems in Singapore, and you can perform in peace. We can't prevent outside factors that will affect our shows, BUT if a show dies out because of the people who benefitted from it, that's the biggest injustice towards the organizer, and the scene as a whole.

DD

you must understand, this is singapore, all these kids are too sheltered they dont know pain until it hits them in the face

its a culture in singapore to complain, something which foreigners might appreciate, singaporeans will complain

complain culture....so much for national identity

Back