My gig experience @ Gas Haus

AgingYouth said:
super_punk said:
anywaysss..... think of it this way. if you're sound sucks and there are screw-ups in your gig, it makes your sound underground. and that is cool....

Offensive words alert warning

What the fu ck kind of reasoning is this?

If you screw up and your sound sucks, you are still cool?!?! Sorry man, that's when you know you got a hell lot to improve...

+100

hell lots n lots n lots of improvement needed. stay home

you guys forget about beat mechant studio.. it a nice place to gig and the rental for the room for gig aint that rough too.. how about MICA building?? 10bucks for a ticket at gas haus? the money collect is enough to hold a gig at MICA... way more enough and 10times better...

comparing the price of holding a gig at this venue and tt venue..

if a certain venue is cheaper..hold it there!

if u cant..WAD CAN U DO??

and stop complaining. :roll:

Kash said:
Last time the gigs occured ver less

Were there that many good shows back then? I can't recall man... There were good acts with bad venues and sound.

There are a lot of shows these days. Bro SOFT bro mentioned to me b4 that there could be too many. And I'm feeling it as well. At the last peak of the so-called 'local music scene' back in 97, there were prolly ard 40 - 50 shows a year. Now we prolly have triple that amount.

However, there are only that bunch of people who listens to local music. And this pool is currently all pretty young. It's heartening to know cuz they will be replacing the generation b4 them. But there's only so many kids and kids are generally too broke to spare cash for events like these. And they'd not drink anything, causing the venue to lose money on such events.

So my kudos to Mark and Keith of Gas Haus for putting up the shows and taking this shit.

playingplay said:
you guys forget about beat mechant studio.. it a nice place to gig and the rental for the room for gig aint that rough too.. how about MICA building?? 10bucks for a ticket at gas haus? the money collect is enough to hold a gig at MICA... way more enough and 10times better...

Kash said:
Can hold gigs at MICA building also?? ANy recent gigs there?

Why dun you guys get together and do a show together at MICA Building?

Just remember to send us the e-poster so that we can post in our Newsbuzz section!!!

if i haven forgot.. thoese gigs at MICA i went or played before.. the tickets is onli like 5-8bucks depending on which band is gonna play that day.. well who cares about the glass of free coke.... WE WANT TO ROCK!!!

i miss the scene before the scene was even cool..

Why don't SOFT & Aging Youth combine a do a show??? You guys have better reputation, good sound knowledge of the equipment & the bands...Definitely it will be a happening show....Show this GAs Haus or Mr. ROY how it is done..

my apology.. but after all this things that you guys haven mention to me.. i think roy is a good organizer.. anyway he is one of.. i mean maybe the only one running organizer doin show right now.. i think he is good and he lived up the spirit of organizing gig and getting ppl together where we hardly get now.. but his gas haus idea.. i still dont like it... it makes his reputation look like a scam

You can't say that.. Try organising a gig, its not that easy to sell tickets and advertise

Kash said:
Why don't SOFT & Aging Youth combine a do a show???..

Bro Soft bro told me before that he’s not too keen on doing too many events.

Wwe have always been very clear on how our events should be run and usually, if we can do it ourselves, we wouldn’t work with an external partner.

Roy does more shows in a month than us in a year. And this is not a competition anyway...

Lastly, so are you going to start organizing your own shows? You haven’t answered my answer leh… Remember to send us the e-poster, doode!!!

AgingYouth said:
And they'd not drink anything, causing the venue to lose money on such events.

So my kudos to Mark and Keith of Gas Haus for putting up the shows and taking this shit.

I always do my best to help :p

I still think Gas Haus is a cool place!

playingplay said:
my apology.. but after all this things that you guys haven mention to me.. i think roy is a good organizer.. anyway he is one of.. i mean maybe the only one running organizer doin show right now.. i think he is good and he lived up the spirit of organizing gig and getting ppl together where we hardly get now.. but his gas haus idea.. i still dont like it... it makes his reputation look like a scam

Thanks man!

Appreciate it!

By the way, I believe that Gas Haus can be a happening place for gigs.

But i admit that some things need improvement

Any ideas on how to make the atmosphere of the gig better?

Always welcome your opinion

Thanks!

Hi Mr Aging Youth,

Wanna come down to my BANDA FANTASTIKA this Sunday?

This gig will feature 9 great bands all the way from Philippines.

I will invite James too. (Hopw he'll be free to go)

Do let me know ok

Thanks!

Roy

wat happened to club celebrations? that place was da shit! i thought it was gonna replace planet paradigm as the gig place. rent too high?

anyway goddamn say a small off-hand comment which was meant to poke fun at the matter but get told off...fukkin' eh? peace.

super_punk said:
anyway goddamn say a small off-hand comment which was meant to poke fun at the matter but get told off...fukkin' eh? peace.

Adooi, I is thinks you were serious mah. Lai, come here. Let Uncle AY sayang sayang you... *pinches super_punk's cheeks*

Back