My gig experience @ Gas Haus

This is why I threw this incident as an example, to share with everyone and take a good look at neighbouring countries. You think the pasture is greener over the other side, not necessary.

If anyone thinks I'm bullshitting, definitely not.

The forum with all the support pledged for this poor organizer.
http://www.spunite.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=14711&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

The news article on the rape.
http://www.udn.com/2006/10/9/NEWS/DOMESTIC/DOM5/3551013.shtml

(Since this is in Taiwan, hence it's in Chinese. Maybe fellow SOFTies can translate genrally into English for our non-chinese SOFTies)

These problems are very real, but we are so obsessed with our "bigshot" mentality on stage, that we do not read deeper on what's going on out there. It is important, it is necessary, eventually to appreciate whatever you have right now.

Not only in music, but in life.

DD

extremers said:
eh mouseman, will ya be dropping by to check us out (again) on the 19th?

hey extremers, yup i'll be there. unless i'm in Thailand or Malaysia, sure to catch you guys! 8)

VIVA LA LOCAL SCENE!!!!

I dont have the capability to do a gig AGingYouth..But you are... since you have the contacts and knowledge.....so don waste time and do a gig instead of pushing it us...

Kash said:
I dont have the capability to do a gig AGingYouth..But you are... since you have the contacts and knowledge.....so don waste time and do a gig instead of pushing it us...

and now you're pushing it back to him.. :lol:

sorry man, but heres my first experience at gashaus, i was told there was a gig and blahblah, so my band and i decided to play.when we arrived, all e bands were screamo and death trash metal. and we were the only ones playing indie/rock.. it was hard, but i for one, had fun.. its crazy

andreww

I understand how you feel. Does anyone has any suggestion for any where indie and alternative bands can gig?

caijunlong

The Gashaus! Any style is welcome! Check our calender for the various nights. Contact Keith or Mark if you wanna organise a night... we are NOT just about one style of music.

peace, jeff

no man, you cant play ur indie rock stuff when you have people that look like they need drug rehab staring at you.. no offence.cos i listen to metal too.. but i play rock. nothing too insane. it used to be 3rd place that was nice

Why not? Beside the drug rehab guy maybe got other people into your stuff? Thats why its called a mixed genre gig sometimes

Kash said:

Doode, we, as a dodgy gig organizer, had no experience and contacts to speak of when we started. These were contacts we built up over the years… So if everyone had the same mentality as you and let that stop the rest of my dodgy gig organizing friends, we are fu ck ed. But you are playing in a band and shows are hard to get. I’m not sure if that ever stopped you.

You are right. I shouldn’t waste time. We are doing a small show at the end of the year. We have 3 shows planned and all prepped to roll in 2007. Sorry, guys, all slots taken. We are planning our flagship event ‘Spread The Love’ as well but that’s in the works. With nothing confirmed. Yup, we don’t waste time.

Have I ever pushed anything to you? Pardon the assumption that you'd do a better job cause I've read many of your posts and your criticisms of how shows should be run. I just thought you'd take the initiative to start something on your own but pointing fingers are definitely much easier, I guess.

Good explanation AG bro, Respect you decision to hold a gig..Why i said that you must do a show is because your shows have alwasy been well organised right to the small detailwhich is what lacks these days....anyway i was not intending to point fingers but just a shove so that things can happen and it is happening and i am glad that it is..Good luck for the show and i will be there..What are the bands playing?? IS yours in as well??

organising gigs is tough work and most organisers will lose money...just a matter of how many partners to absorb damage and how much damage one can take.

place like gas haus they probably need ppl to buy at least one lil drink so can help defray cost etc no way the door charge is gonna pay for everything......

pls remember that generally music is a passion-driven money-losing time-wasting activity.........

Back