My gig experience @ Gas Haus

hmm..oh ..normally i dun cranked amp...12 oclock the max i go ...else the tone will start to break...i think the amp is pretty loud on stage..just nice for me ...

i did not really realise for other bands coz im sitting right at the sofa...what i can say that its not that loud ..coz u cant really blast on stage ...else the singer will hav a problem...

perhaps Gas Hous can get a 2*12 cab and mic it ...if the amps are that loud the engineer shld advise the band ..else the speaker wont last long :)

maybe they blast their amps because the drummer needs to hear something other than his drums? I mean they dont provide a monitor for the drummer, so thats another story :lol:

for a room the size of Gas Haus, the direct sound from THAT amp alone will be more than enough to fill the place.

bands must try to balance themselves first. just like how you do it in a jamming studio.

hey soft. or any other bros who can answer my question here.
How to do a sound check in a jamming studio? What do some of you guys do? Usually my band follows the volume of the drums to make adjustments since it's not mic up in the studio. is it right? any suggestions?

for me...
wen u start u play sumthing instrumental to check everything balances out.
den u add some vocal tests. from there u just adjust the volume of ur mic to whatever u want.
that for me of course.
they may be other approaches to it...
ahaha!

i usually find that my bands play their instruments too oud cuz of the drums..

if drums too loud, the natural reaction is for guitarists/bassists/keyboardist to pump volume...

and then cannot hear vocals so pump mics... but then lidat will kena nasty feedback even if treble is cut...

so i'm trying a new technique now, to adjust the mics 1st and see what is the max it can go without feedback... then ask drummer to play with just the vox and ask him to balance accordingly... then the rest follow...

wah you all got so much free time ah wanna do all that shit on stage?

just whack la siol.

not like you some big famous band or wat sia.

no need to ego

bro hard bro, soundchecks are relevant. just taking a couple of minutes to balance the sound out would do a whole great deal to a better sounding band, regardless whether you play in a professional band or not.

taking the time to make sure your playing doesn't hurt the audience's ear isn't ego man. you have a decent performance at least.

soundcheck when?

before the performance?

that never happens man.

its annoying when ppl soundcheck during their performance

How is that annoying? So if they dont soundcheck at all and play, sound like shit, more annoying right?

DickTracy said:
MadWereWolfBoy

so if u ask me, what can those equipment you see at gashaus do. i would just says "NOTHING AT ALL", nt even decent enough to do a small gig.

Yeah, What can you do with:

MARSHALL AVT150H w/cabinet
AMPEG BA-115H Bass Amplifier
LTD- M-50-B Guitar
LTD M-50-BL Guitar
FENDER SQUIRE STD PRECISION Bass Guitar
TAMA SUPERSTAR Birch Wood Series SK52S-BK 5 PC Drum Set
GIBRALTAR and DW Hardware
PAISTE Cymbals
SHURE Microphones?

Cheap garbage all of it... too bad we don't have gold plated toilets like the NKF to flush your lame asss down. We've had some great bands play here, Ronin, Great Spy Experiment, Evol Intent, Bushmen, Divine 9, Saw Loser, Shine, none of them complained AT ALL. Just because we set sundays aside as a NEW music showcase, and the occasssional renting out of the venue to PROMOTERS, who organise their own shows (Gashaus is just a venue, don't forget, not the organiser) I have to listen to crap mouths like you slag some of the best gear in the market? jeesh, buy a clue!

all those bands are the famous bands mah. of course you all nice to them.

elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite elite

annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying annoying

my god. just take a few seconds before you start your song to adjust your volumes. as long as you make sure you can hear everybody else and play for the song instead of yourself, it's fine.

jeez. if you don't like the equipment, gig somewhere else. like, in your fantasy land.

caijunlong said:
hey soft. or any other bros who can answer my question here.
How to do a sound check in a jamming studio? What do some of you guys do? Usually my band follows the volume of the drums to make adjustments since it's not mic up in the studio. is it right? any suggestions?

anyways i'd do this, once all the stringed instruments are plugged (im assuming there's no keyboards at play) ask the drummer to do a pedal test. while he's playing his bass drums, the stringed instruments play simultaneously.

the sound of guitars/bass SHOULD NOT drown the bass drum. that way the drums are clearer. adjust to a volume that both guitars are ok with each other, then work on the mics.

when everything's done, play a song and see whether its alright or not. *laughs*

why did you use so much effort to slam the sound.When you just need to have faith in your music and have fun.My band played there with a small crowd.But we still had a blast threre.In fact i didn't even have a bass amp and i don't really see that as a problem. Anyhow, a sucky sound should affect anyting. It might be a small part of it. But most importantly. You had fun.

cheers

mikemann helped my band controlled the mix from a recent gig not too long ago at sajc...

we made a mistake of not making a point to see the volumes of the amps sean, simon and derrynhad set when they did their soundcheck before the gig... so, u know after every band's set, ppl usually lower the volume of the amps to plug out their guitars and bass...

when we came on, we just anyhow set the volume of our amps to mid there at 5 cuz we didn't want to blow the amps and all...

what a big mistake... when we performed and the people were screaming their lungs out... we couldn't hear each other clearly... only the screams which nearly deafened us... each of us had to rely solely on the drums and vox which is bad.. the occasional soft sound coming from each other's amps didn't really help us gel too well together......

however, mike managed to set the mixer fantastically and we moe or less sound balanced on the main PA, which we realised after hearing a clip recorded by one of my drummer's friends...

so soundhceck is important... and if another band did it but u didn't have the time, check with them and try to memorise the volume at whcih they settled with... this would take off much load from the sound tech and u'd have less chance of sounding like crap

Back