Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt understand how Portsmouth got a penalty.But a day that shows Giggs industry in matches.Will age ever catch up to him?

actually.. we were lucky that portsmouth finishg wasnt there.... with our defence... they could have score quite afew... lucky for the tomas... or else... oh man..

Yes that dindane guy missed 3 giveaway chances. His headers were horrendous. A good striker wont let these kinda chances go begging.

Valencia was awesome. But I'll still stick by my point that he'll only play well against slower, weaker opponents. I really want to see him figure out ways to get pass fast strong defenders. I will not take anything away from his crossing though. They are fantastic. I'm really pleased with how he has fit in the team.

Yes that dindane guy missed 3 giveaway chances. His headers were horrendous. A good striker wont let these kinda chances go begging.

Valencia was awesome. But I'll still stick by my point that he'll only play well against slower, weaker opponents. I really want to see him figure out ways to get pass fast strong defenders. I will not take anything away from his crossing though. They are fantastic. I'm really pleased with how he has fit in the team.

YEa... he seems to be very calm and relax... but at times.. like abit too relax lehz.. haah.. he is also quite a quiet man during games..

Good win by Man Utd despite having defender problems. :p Antonio Valencia seems to get better.

Gibson and Scholes have wicked shots...

Just need Gibson to brush up his passing skills, vision and deprove his tacking he'll be a great replacement for Scholes.

And yes, Valencia is improving at a tremendous rate. He's settling in very very comfortably. I would like to see him play well against stronger opponents though.

Gibson and Scholes have wicked shots...

Just need Gibson to brush up his passing skills, vision and deprove his tacking he'll be a great replacement for Scholes.

And yes, Valencia is improving at a tremendous rate. He's settling in very very comfortably. I would like to see him play well against stronger opponents though.

definitely agree with you here. Gibson is really showing the potential that all of us been hearing from 2 seasons ago.

but the defender problems is really quite a concern.

Manchester United Forever!!!

Good Results this weekend, with Manchester United thumping West Ham United 4-0 at Upton Park and Manchester City edging Chelsea 2-1 at the City Of Manchester Stadium to bring us back to within 2 points of Chelsea at the top. This will go some way to erase the hurt and injustice in our 0-1 loss at Stamford Bridge, where the referee was pretty absymal; should have given Valencia a penalty after John Terry pulled his shirt and the last goal shouldnt be allowed! ah well. United are always strong finishers to the season! and Im hoping for the same this time! GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!! :)

gd goal from scholes. had to chest it down, n beat a defender holding his jersey before unleashing a wicked left footed shot.

Gibson's goal is just formality for him. He has hit a couple of these goals already in his career, and i maintain that he already is better than carrick. He had some passes that strayed, but its not that he needs to improve his passing but just that these things happen when a young player plays a big game. with more match experience, he will settle in just fine n play his normal game. He has good physical presence, can shoot from far, good positioning, plays simple passes. I think he can develop like a xavi alonso type of deep play maker. Only thing carrick is better than him is experience and maybe composure.

I would like to see more of owen though... Its pretty wasted that when he had a good run for a while, fergie didnt play him more. Cuz strikers usually go through phases where they just cant stop scoring, maybe like defoe for now.

owen is still a class player no doubt. his positioning is really good, but his finishing needs to be improved.. he was much better awhile ago!

Owen is top class, Berbatov is even more top draw. I would have more assurance if we had a top top CF though, to complement Rooney. As you know you should have 4 great strikers in your team. Edin Dzeko? He seems to be pretty good. I think we need another Defensive Midfielder, currently only Darren Fletcher seems to able to be a defensive lynchpin to protect the defence, where i think maybe its time to get a good Right Back. Alexander Anyukov? lol. other than that im pretty excited about the prospects of Gabriel Obertan and Luis Antonio Valencia, and i think Anderson has the potential as well. Macheda seems to be subdued a little this season, persons too much expectations were heaped upon him after last season. Darren Gibson and Johnny Evans are absolutely fantastic, better than any of the young Arsenal lads (yes i mean it)! Prospects looking good for United, I dont know about Nani though, he seems to be on the wane.

I dont know about you guys but im determined to enjoy United while SAF is still in charge. I seriously hope long may it continue, because i seriously seriously cannot comtemplate United having a different manager, which they would inevitably have to one day.

i think we need a gd centre back, im not too much a believer in rio. Yes he looks calm and composed but he often makes stupid mistakes n lacks concentration. I miss the days of stam...

We just need to sell Nani.

For the good of his career. I also think we should start rotating our strikers. I really really think we are under utilizing Owen. I believe he has ALOT more to offer to the team.

And whats with Berbatov being on the bench for the past few games?

I agree with DL, Owen needs to be played more. That way he'll adjust to our playing style too.

I want Akinfeev! VDS wont last much longer. Foster still makes his retarded errors. but at least he's better than Massimo Taibi. HAHAHAHA.

At one point United was after Scottish sensation Alan Hutton.I hope they still get him from Spurs or get Inter's wonderkid Davide Santon who stopped Ronaldo last season at the San Siro.

CristianoRonladoDavideSanton.JPG

Owen needs to be played more. That way he'll adjust to our playing style too.

IMO, Owen already fits in the team very well.. He has the best off the ball awareness I've seen in quite some time. If you need someone to be there in the right place, at the right time, it'll be Owen.

owen's showing in the woflsburg game was rather praise-worthy, especially that solo run + audacious chip of a goal. superb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back