Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree quite much with dudelove, Manchester United need at least two new creative players, or two to step up from the ranks the way Evra and Vidic did a couple of seasons back.

I only saw the 2nd half and if there are other Manu fans saying Owen shouldn't have fluffed that opportunity and Rooney was unlucky to miss near the end, Leeds had many opportunities to put the game past Manu before that.

My dad is quite irritating, he has been a huge Leeds supporter since decades ago, he had fun sending me taunting texts from overseas. Haha. I hope Manu wakes up after this series of ridiculous performances.

Still blames all this on the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo...:(

im sick of darron gibson. everytime he gets the ball he shoots when theres better options.

we need silva and gourcuff!

Manu needs to throw Wes Brown into a ditch and shoot him dead, buy a new right back, get a striker who is a different style from Berbatov but not as out-of-touch as Owen and at least one winger and MAYBE THEN, they will start looking commanding again.

Btw, I think Valencia is getting better and better. Sure, he is no replacement for Cristiano, but then again who is? He was easily one of United's best players against Leeds.

Manu needs to throw Wes Brown into a ditch and shoot him dead, buy a new right back, get a striker who is a different style from Berbatov but not as out-of-touch as Owen and at least one winger and MAYBE THEN, they will start looking commanding again.

Btw, I think Valencia is getting better and better. Sure, he is no replacement for Cristiano, but then again who is? He was easily one of United's best players against Leeds.

I'm a Berbatov and Owen supporter. I HATE it when people slate Berba. I think we'll see his true colours when we have midfield players who actually SUPPORT the strikers. How often do you see him and Rooney drop deep. Why? Cos if they stay up there, they could spend the whole damn half without any action on the ball at all. They have to drop deep to get in on the action.

I totally agree about Valencia. I doubted him at first. I never thought we had a chance of even equalizing until he touched the ball. Sadly, it was abit too late. I would say, give Manutd 10more mins, we'll have equalized, and Valencia will be the creator.

And lastly, YES, we miss Ronaldo, can we cope without him? Yes, but only if we have the right players.

SAF, WE NEED TO BUY PLAYERS. WE SIMPLY AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH PERIOD

Gary Neville needs to be offloaded really soon. It wasn't Wes Brown's fault on the goal, instead it was Tomasz. he didn't need to go for the ball, cus Wes was already pressuring Beckford. If Tomasz stayed on the goal line = no goal. And it should be Gary Neville in that right back position, not Wes. Owen was pointless.

Well apart from having a player to release those balls to the strikers,we need a player to stop teams from having balls released to their strikers.

Just look at the goal from Leeds.A 50-yard ball from their own half all the way to the top and that horrific goalkeeping.Caught in two minds.Very badly closed down.

Having watched Leeds play in League 1,they have the standard of a Championship club and lets forget about Ronaldo.It's all in the hands of SAF.Lets see who he'll bring in.Hopefully some youth and talent.

No thanks. We need someone consistant. A James Milner for Villa

Well I cant see anyone stepping up and bossing the midfield.The shadow of Roy Keane still lingers in the team.The predatory instincts of Ruud Van Nistelrooy is terribly missed.The pace and creativity of Cristiano Ronaldo.

The current team is no where near last seasons group.They should be better or thereabouts.

Totally agree. ronaldo n beckham? i'll still prefer beckham. When beckham left the club, how many players score on heading...besides vidic. Sholes did mention b4 he will prefer beckham crossing than ronaldo.

Since when is Ronaldo famous for crossing?He was made to run at defenders and cut in from the flank.

Totally two different players but Valencia has the skills of both Becks and Ronny.Quick place and a great right foot.

Last edited:
Since when is Ronaldo famous for crossing?

he wasnt, he just had that extra edge, in which he actually did all the scoring, neglecting the fact that we do not have a 30 goal goal-poacher anymore.

the beckham van nistelrooy combo is the best man, my master league team sure have both of them.

the beckham van nistelrooy combo is the best man, my master league team sure have both of them.

The best partnership I ever seen no doubt.They kinda have a plus and minus relationship like Becks got crossing while RvN got finishing.Put both together equals 30 goals a season.

Well, lets hope that alex can bring in some creative players. I miss Owen Hargreaves..

im a huge hargreaves fan, its a bloody waste that he's so injury prone, he seriously can provide some healthy competition for midfield spots.

EDIT. he does make a decent right back as well

Hopefully he was able to make it for champion league against AC milan. It's been a long time since i waiting for him to make his comeback. Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back