Manchester United 2009-2010 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish i could say they are the best team in the world. that thing is merely a badge. but imo i dont think manutd is the best team in the world at the moment, even though i'm a diehard manutd fan.

well, they WERE that good enough to attain that patch and you guys deserved it. liverpool, arsenal and chelsea all have equal chance to have that spot playing for CWC but we didn't manage to get through UCL as champs.

if you're talking about Man Utd's current form, i believe the absence of Tevez and Ronaldo seemed have an impact on the team and the void is too much for Valencia and Owen to cover in a short period of time. they're missing Ronaldo's firepower.

Last edited:
I concur with your sentiments, as much as i hate to admit it, we miss ronaldo.

Obertan/nani/valencia have a long way to go to fit his space.

well, they WERE that good enough to attain that patch and you guys deserved it. liverpool, arsenal and chelsea all have equal chance to have that spot playing for CWC but we didn't manage to get through UCL as champs.

if you're talking about Man Utd's current form, i believe the absence of Tevez and Ronaldo seemed have an impact on the team and the void is too much for Valencia and Owen to cover in a short period of time. they're missing Ronaldo's firepower.

Villa and Silva might be brought over to cover those voids.

i dun think we miss ronaldo that much, its just that the season is young still and the new players need time to adapt. Ronaldo needed 2 seasons to integrated into the squad, and then he became the best in the world. Also, utd has always been slow starter to the season even with ronaldo around.

i remembered how bad things looked when we lost RVN who gave us 40 goals for a few season, he also is a big match player. Ronaldo tend to go awol in big games, but we did cope n continued winning without RVN.

i think i still will trust fergie to noe how to gel the team together, n groom players because he knows how to bring the best out of them n still manage their egos. He also noes how to not over work n expose a young player, n chart his growth

question. what does a man utd fan do after his team wins the title?

"meh, yet again"

how about a liverpool fan?

he/she turns of his/her xbox/ps3/ps2/psp/game console/computer and goes to bed.

dimitarberbatovgoal20091031_350x197.jpg

berbatov's goal was a stunner; i didn't expect him to give it an immediate try just after receiving the ball...

are united faultering in the final third? they had 25 attempts on goal!

but 3 points is all tat matters.

haha,at least now, the kop will shut up at least till the lyon game.

A good win at Old Trafford but the most entertaining match was Fulham vs Poo. At last, karma has caught them. Carragher thought he can bring down opponents every week when they are clear to score. The referee, Lee Mason had an excellent game. Spot on! :p

omg the obertan miss was epic. he's a breath of fresh air.. i kinda like him. it seems his positional play is pretty good! he is certainly less frustrating to watch than nani..

oh and he runs funny..

that obertan chap, i feel, has very good ball control, he's a little reserved (judging from last night's game) because he's rather fresh in the utility line-up. hope he's as promising as he looks to be...

nani has to change his shooting game.its frustrating the team.

obertan!!! hope he stays for a long time. henry-esque

obertan is so much better than nani. His first game is so much better than nani's 2 yrs put together. Ok, i biased but its cuz nani has really earned himself a reputation.

very funny, when obertan got the ball n ran, i was like wah so fast then i stood up n say wah so fast, then he ran out that time, my wife said TOO FAST. But im appreciating his direct play esp when we counter attack. Nani doesnt play direct, he waits for the defender to catch up so that he can show his skill or lack of it... U can tell rooney n berba are v annoyed n pissed with him for not playing the early ball or not playing any ball to them.

Obertan has good pace, and good positioning in terms of attacking and running into the box. BUT, when defending you can tell he needs to work on his positioning and movements.

Berba was good and his goal is awesome, but u still get the feeling that he still can offer alot more n work harder. Rooney hasnt gotten his form back, abit rusty looking. I prefer owen to play more, esp linking with berba.

The most annoying thing about Nani is how even though there's space for him to dribble into, he will DELIBERATELY run towards defenders just so he can try to beat them. Wtf? That's what I do when I'm playing WE with my sister and I want to kelong and let her take the ball lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back