Liverpool FC Thread

just when i was thinking liverpool had to sub out lucas for babel for a more effective attack,

lucas got sent off.

and we are out. in the hands of a 19 year old.

time to look forward to the champ's league!

anywayz.................LIVERPOOL played badly..what a waste.
no FA cup this year...Good luck on The Champions League;)

Gosling knocks Liverpool out of FA Cup

AFP - 1 hour 33 minutes ago LONDON (AFP) - - Teenager Dan Gosling was Everton's hero as they knocked city rivals Liverpool out of the FA Cup with a 1-0 extra-time fourth round replay win at Goodison Park on Wednesday.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]

There were only two minutes of extra-time remaining when Gosling, who only turned 19 on Monday, curled the ball past Pepe Reina to end the interest of Liverpool, currently second in the Premier League, in this season's FA Cup.
A miserable night for Liverpool was made worse by the sight of inspirational captain Steven Gerrard going off in the first-half with what appeared to be a hamstring injury while Lucas was later sent-off for a second bookable offence.
Everton, sixth in the top-flight, will face Aston Villa in the last 16 after the team fourth in the Premier League beat Championship side Doncaster 3-1 in a fourth round replay earlier Wednesday.
"It's a great day for the club and all the fans," Gosling said. "I was thinking 'just shoot and get it on target'."
In another replay, Derby came from 2-0 down to beat arch East Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest 3-2 and so secure a glamour fifth round tie at home to English, European and world champions Manchester United.
Derby, who like Forest are struggling in the second-tier Championship, are managed by Nigel Clough, a former Forest forward.
Clough, whose late manager father Brian won the English title with both clubs back in the 1970s, left the post-match press conference duties to his assistant Gary Crosby, another former Forest player.
"He (Nigel Clough) doesn't look for any glory but he is incredibly pleased with the result and that is all he is interested in," Crosby said.
South Africa's Benni McCarthy was Blackburn's hero when scoring with just two minutes of extra-time remaining in their 2-1 all Premier League replay victory over Sunderland. Blackburn now face 1987 Cup winners Coventry in the fifth round.
Villa scored twice in the space of four minutes against Doncaster.
Steve Sidwell put them ahead in the 15th minute when he followed up after Neil Sullivan blocked Craig Gardner's initial shot and John Carew made it 2-0 with a 20-yard shot.
But Doncaster hit back on the stroke of half-time when Jason Price's miscued shot beat Brad Guzan in the Villa goal.
However, Nathan Delfouneso settled the hosts' nerves by making it 3-1 with a header from Nicky Shorey's cross.
Sunderland took the lead when David Healy was ruled onside before beating Paul Robinson in the seventh minute.
But South Africa defender Aaron Mokoena drew Blackburn level with a spectacular 25-yard strike before his compatriot McCarthy headed home the decisive goal.
A see-saw match at the City ground saw Forest build an early lead.
Chris Cohen put the hosts in front in the second minute with a powerful shot before Nathan Tyson made it 2-0 from the penalty spot 12 minutes later after being brought down by Derby keeper Stephen Bywater, who avoided a red card.
But Derby got back into the game before the break with a powerful Rob Hulse header. Paul Green draw the Rams level on the hour mark before Kris Commons put the Rams in front against his old club.
The fifth round ties will be played on the weekend of February 14 with Arsenal's delayed fourth round replay at the Emirates against Cardiff taking place on February 16.

POOL: BYE BYE FA CUP 09! :mrgreen:

now we are left for the double.
premiere league and champions league.

my faith on rafa and the boards is gettting thinner and thinner.

Last edited:
I think it's better for the club that we are out of the FA Cup. Should gone out earlier so that Rafa will play his best team week in week out in the league instead of rotating them cos of "tiredness".

Amazingly, he never rotate Carra :rolleyes: who, if I'm not mistaken, play in every matches except the league cup!

This year is our best chance to win the league so it's better to concentrate on the league more than trying to "go as far as we can in every competition" :rolleyes:.

yea i feel that rafa doesn't really put any effort to fa cup sometimes.

hes like entertaining it thats all. i think our players need to rest.

we want BPL and Champs league! more money i guess

Good for everton. They have lots of injuries esp upfront but still they can score a goal in the last 3 meetings against us.

I hope they can go as far as they can in the fa cup :mrgreen:. Next up for them is Villa, which beat them 3 - 2 in a thrilling match in the league.

It always good to see small club beat the big boys :twisted:. Gives them the belief that everything is possible :mrgreen:.

Heheh Rafa's rotation policy...blame FA, blame bosses, blame SAF...anyone but himself.:rolleyes: If Liverpool are knocked out of the CL, I don't think he'll last the season.

When has he ever blamed SAF. Hm?

Media hype anyone? HYPE?!

Ok too far the thread has progressed, I can't keep track. :confused:

Heheh Rafa's rotation policy...blame FA, blame bosses, blame SAF...anyone but himself.:rolleyes: If Liverpool are knocked out of the CL, I don't think he'll last the season.
Haha I hope he won't end up like GH.
After his famous "10 games from greatness" ... liverpool end the season with 0 trophy even though we are 2nd in the league and KO out of CL in the QF. :mrgreen:

When has he ever blamed SAF. Hm?

i think gsp was referring to his rantings about SAF.. you know, the one with unfair fixtures, not being penalised or punished by referees.

oh well, to bad for pool. good luck in the champs league and bpl.

We totally pawned Portsmouth! King of comebacks! Hail to your glory! This is your season!
Even the ardest Man U fans will have to agree :)

Kings of comeback.

Im totally in love with torres now.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1-0,
1-1,
2-1,
2-2,
2-3 !!!!

Back