Liverpool FC Thread

lol i wonder who the heck will want to manage chelsea after the way that they treated their last 2 managers

He should be the manager himself, actually all chairmen should, so they can see how not to fire managers after a string of bad results, specially the newcastle chairman.

i think the manager should be allowed to do his job. it's like driving a car. you don't need some back seat driver telling you all kinds of shit

speaking of shit i think chelsea managers have been treated as such
claudio ranieri - 2nd in EPL despite relatively little financial backing - sacked
jose mourinho - won chelsea their first league title in... 50 odd years? and did it again. formed the bulk of the chelsea squad and backroom staff that you see today - sacked partly thanks to a certain big ego EX england captain
avram grant - technically 'still in the running' but lowest goal difference in the top 4 doesn't exactly spell 'attacking football' - about to be sacked?

the media touted 'Pool to better survive the next stages of the CL unlike Arsenal/ Man Utd... what does everyone think?
star-wars-smiley-5477.gif

pool seems to play better in europe.. so i think so? plus Benitez is really a continental manager so IF pool are drawn against a non-english team they will probably go thru, but otherwise I'm sure a tie between pool and another english team will be tasty :p

True. I won't fancy a Liverpool against Chelsea quarter-finals.

It will sound so BORING. And we'll see all of the same men we see every Saturday night.

And I really think Liverpool plays better in Europe. Against an unbeaten team like Inter, I don't think the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea can get the better of them.

I just don't understand why Liverpool cannot replicate its European form in the EPL.

Wenger - It's interesting and challenging draw

4421.gif

comp_709_r.gif

Arsenal v Liverpool

Champions League Q/F Leg 1

Emirates Stadium

Wed, Apr 2, 2008, 7.45pm

By Matt Fortune
Arsène Wenger believes that Arsenal’s pairing with Liverpool in the Quarter-Final of the Champions League will be both interesting and challenging.
The draw was made on Friday afternoon at Uefa headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland. It means a triple-header against the five-time European champions at the start of April — the two-legged tie sandwiching a Premier League fixture at Emirates Stadium.
League position would suggest that Arsenal are favourites to progress, but Wenger is well aware of the Merseysiders’ threat, especially in Europe.
“It is an interesting and challenging draw,” said the Frenchman. “It is a big opponent and we play them three times [in a week] and you will not know what competition it is. All that you will know is it is Liverpool.
“They raise their game in the Champions League. We know we can beat them and therefore it is the form of the day that will be the decider. We will focus and concentrate to be at our best on the day.
And is clashing with an English side a problem? Wenger doesn’t think so.

“Not especially,” he said. “You know when you have four clubs from England in the Quarter-Final, you will have to play one or two at some stage.
“If you want to go to the final and win the final you have to get through that.”

Where are the TV listings???

i've searched long and hard on the net for the MU vs. pool match local tv listings, but alas,

starhub listings not updated
football channel tv guide not updated except for a small
" Manchester United vs Liverpool
23 March 2008 01:30 PM"
1.30PM? right... :rolleyes:

majulah singapura

i find it very interesting that we got arsenal in the quarters.
we'll face arsenal thrice. so that's awesome. LOL!

and before that. we got games against everton/manu.
its getting more and more interesting for us this season. :cool:

i've searched long and hard on the net for the MU vs. pool match local tv listings, but alas,

starhub listings not updated
football channel tv guide not updated except for a small
" Manchester United vs Liverpool
23 March 2008 01:30 PM"
1.30PM? right... :rolleyes:

majulah singapura

lol. i think we'll just have to wait for thursday/friday to come to get the timings.
13.30 UK time. so yeah. lol.

hopefully we can beat manu. damn i miss those times when we can get victories over manu.

In your dreams.

Man U has to slug their way through Derby. What more about Liverpool? Torres and Gerrard will win the game for us.

High time Rafa wins Fergie!

Back