Liverpool FC Thread

both MILANs are silenced by the English this year
susel.gif
glad 'Pool made it through...

haha..

i told my fren its gonna be an all-england semis meaning all-england finals..
cool or what.

whats ironic, england aint in euro08!

the crowd weren't silencio all the way... towards the end they gave applause to the liverpool team. i thought that was awesome

last year 3 english teams made it to the semis (because arsenal koyak). and after liverpool beat chelsea with an agger wonder strike and dismal penalties from chelsea, people were talking about the prospect of an all-english final. they said it would be damn problematic because there would be no way to seperate the fans; they would be taking the same flights in and staying at the same hotels. uefa has been anti-english since heysel

but too bad man u didn't follow up. milan too much class, man u gonna buy gattuso (yet another example of man u wanting to buy players from teams they r playing against -.-), blah blah blah

Guess who scored again. :mrgreen:

-Awaits CL draw-

110308-intermilan-torres-story.jpg

Steven Gerrard looked ahead to Friday's Champions League quarter final draw and insisted: "No-one will want to face us in the next round."
Liverpool booked their place in the last eight of the competition with a brilliant 1-0 victory in the San Siro as Fernando Torres blasted home a second half goal to give the Reds a 3-0 aggregate success.

Rafael Benitez's side will now line up alongside three other Premier League teams in Friday's draw - but Gerrard doesn't care who the Reds come out against.

"In the league we are a bit inconsistent but we're a real force in Europe and no-one will want to face us," he said.

"We deserve to go through because we have come to a top side and beaten them. We knew they would want to get control of the game and it was up to all of us to help out. We've done that and then with Fernando we've got someone who only needs one chance to score.

"We were always confident we could nick the goal and that's what happened."

Jamie Carragher, meanwhile, celebrated his 100th appearance for the club in Europe by helping the Reds keep a valuable clean sheet in the hostile atmosphere of the San Siro.

And after the final whistle he was quick to pay tribute to manager Rafael Benitez for masterminding another brilliant European triumph.

"The manager has done it again, hasn't he?," said Carragher. "Over the last three or four years he has shown he's one of the best around by taking us to a couple of finals.

"We came here looking for a clean sheet and we were determined to get it. We knew we'd be through if we could keep them out.

"I don't care who we get in the next round now, I'm just glad we're there."

Maybe not qualifying in for the Euro is a big load off the shoulders of the players, and they know they will not be needed come close season, they will go all out for the club, and exert themselves alittle bit harder.

All english semis? I'd rather Liverpool play Chelsea in the semis, we have a good record :rolleyes:

wooo. i went down to coffeeshop to watch the match.
was kinda fun tho. watch at home boring.
inter had 10 men left. hmm. after torres scored.
i see alot of apek take out money already . hahaha.
ibrahimovic had damn nice shots that he missed.

Congrats liverpool !

wow, i guesed lpool really progressed aft torres' arrival.

makes it more honorable to beat them now.. haha. joke joke.

but, torres is a really good player, good on lpool that they got him.

wooo liverpool through to final 8!!! hope they draw the not so hard teams of fernebahce or schalke..

now. im hoping they draw one of the english clubs.
that would be really awesome! lol.

any updates on the ownership of the club?
heard the fans are really serious. came up w 95 million?
but aint enough lar. lol.

Heard Hicks turned down the DIC bid, but DIC is still trying.
Stupid Americans, JUST SELL IT TAKE THE PROFIT AND GO BACK.

mancini showed great defeatist loser mentality by announcing that he would quit inter after this season in the post-match interview. he said it wasn't because of the game. sure...

speaking of records, he did mention that liverpool and arsenal are a good bet to win the ucl this year. i mean, given chelsea and man u's european record.....

lol. mancini prolly had enough of the team. he prolly achieved what he wanted to anws.

if chelski fall out and not win a trophy this season,byebye grant!
maybe..hello mancini. LOL!

Back