Jason Z. Schroeder #8 is finally here

Benster

She finally arrived yesterday!

this guitar was totally handcrafted to my specs by Jason Schroeder in california. no CNC machines.

i came up with the design for the top. it was inspired by the fuel tank design on a custom painted Harley Davidson.

the lower half represents a sunset, the top half, the stars in the night sky..

you can find out more at www.schroederguitars.com

these pics were taken by Jason:

n738725850_1802368_1592.jpg

n738725850_1802369_2005.jpg

n738725850_1802370_2411.jpg

n738725850_1802372_3034.jpg

Jason Z. Schroeder, serial number #0008

design: traditional single-cutaway
body: bookmatched flamed African Black Limba
top: hand-stained quilt maple w/gold pinstripe
neck: flamed African Black Limba, big V shape, 12' radius, 24.75' scale
fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood w/ mother of pearl star cluster inlays
pickups: WCR Darkburst with 'flamed' nickel pickup covers and flamed maple pickup rings
electronics: PRS 5 way rotary switch, Graphtech GHOST piezo system (planned future addition)
hardware: Gotoh tuneomatic bridge, Sperzel locking tuners, hand-stained quilt maple backplates & knobs, bone nut, nitro lacquer finish

Brought her to band rehearsal last night. my bandmates loved it, said i 'somehow sounded much better with this one'
the keyboard player says it looks much better in person than in photos.

initial impressions.. this thing sounds LIVELY. cuts through a mix better than my R7 les paul.

The WCR Darkbursts are amazing - throaty, rich, punchy, aggressive when you rock out, gentle when you want it. they respond so well to picking dynamics! with the PRS 5 way rotary, i can get strat 4th position and tele middle position sounds that are richer and more authentic than the (comparatively) anemic ones on my PRS Custom 24.

the setup and fretwork is perfect.. upper fret access is miles better than my les paul. it simply plays like a dream.

the finish is like glass, but its nitro, unlike the thick poly stuff PRS uses.

will be playing this at a gig tomorrow and at church on sunday.. can't wait!

more thoughts and photos to come!

Last edited:
Phwa!!! Simply gorgeous.... Any clues as to how much dough it cost? Love the wood grain on the back!

Last edited:
That took incredibly long.. I'd probably DIE of waiting! Hahaha..
Beautiful piece.. No vids of it in action? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
I bet Mr. Jason himself was reluctant to let it go!

FWAH...

The CRAZY CLOWN has landed.
cant wait to try it man.

at this rate.. i think my schroeder will be ready in like... 5yrs

finally... it seems like ages innit? Quickly shoot the actual photos. Jason's pics are not fully mirror polished yet.

congrats ben! Think this calls for a gear meetup soon!

and I agree with vern, the Limba IS gorgeous...

chanmin, I think I dun want to order liao la...

to those who asked,

the guitar took about 2-1/2 years to build. it only took so long because Jason was starting up and took a break to relocate his home/workshop. also, towards the end i changed some of the specs so that slowed it down a bit.

price wise, Schroeder's starting base price for a custom order is USD 2750. this is for a basic mahogany body, maple top set neck guitar with indian rosewood fretboard and 2 seymour duncan pickups. he has 4 available body shapes to choose from.

you can download his price list at www.schroederguitars.com

his current build time is around 1 to 1-1/2 years.

mine was quite a bit more $ due to all the custom options.

he also has ready-made guitars (RTS) that are US$2200-onward, available here
http://schroederguitars.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

hope this helps.. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back