Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I amost made a mistake in selling off my MIJ 1991 RG550. Thankfully, I decided against it and instead, give it a new lease of life. Before, in its all stock condition, it looked like this:

RG550a.jpg

After I changed the pups to DiMarzio Evolutions, changed all the pots, five-way switch and wiring, the pickguard, the machine heads, bridge, and pasted the Tree Of Life inlay stickers, it now looks like this:

RG550b-1.jpg

The neck just feels awesome to play!

holy shit that is nice

Thanks man! I never thought I'd see the day that I'd choose a guitar over my SG Standard but I'd choose this over that, and vice versa.
Both such great guitars that inspire me to keep playing and coming up with new stuff!

Tonally it's single coil all right but so different compared to a Strat or Tele!

Le new guitar!
jaguar.jpg

I can't stop playing this lol.
;);)

ahhh yess...u have joined us, the sexy lovers of sexy offsets. welcome to the dark side

hope u stay! many are drawn to jag/jm due to the shape but then cant get used to the sound and then sell them LOL

stay sexy!

Well SoundWavesMan had a clearance on them during Dec and it was insane cheap thus why I bought them to be frank.

I did have a hard time choosing which to go for though as I didn't have any experiences with any speakers apart from the stocks speakers so I read up about them and listened to proper recorded demos online and I settled for these two.

The Governor was touted as a Vintage 30 in the Eminence line and that was what I wanted. I love Mids. And the Governor did just that.. I've no experience with the Celestion V30 but many have said that the Governor is slightly smoother sounding then the V30. Quoted from one forum, "The V30 is gravel and the Governor is sandpaper". That being said, I would have loved to try the V30 but they only had 16 Ohms left and I prefered to match a pair of 8s.

I then chose the Swamp Thang because of from demos it had high ends and loads of bass which I think would have complimented the mid rangy Governors.

I agree with the construction being more sturdy. It's heavier when compared to the seventy-80. The stocks feels like toys when you carry one of the Eminence.

I'm using it with a Cub12R combo and sometimes when I just wanna play around, I plug the LC15R into the other input and run it stereo since the cab has that capability. Just for fun... Lol

Really looking forward to a getting a compact head but I've went on a spending spree the past 2-3 months, I'll have to lay low for awhile and let my wife cool off first. Haha

8635b035.jpg

Nice. Anyway just to share http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaDXSV9PTUI you can check out an A/B of all the different speaker types from various brands being demoed through the same amp.

Well I got the Vintage 30 mostly cos its the "industry standard" - and while the mid spike thing going on wouldn't really be suited for bedroom jamming, the clips I've listened to comparing both Celestion and Eminence have ended up in me preferring the Celestion voicing- it seems to nail all the rock tones in my head, although I wouldn't mind an additional Red Fang or G12H just for kicks if I had the luxury of owning a 2 x 12 cab.

hope u stay! many are drawn to jag/jm due to the shape but then cant get used to the sound and then sell them LOL

Quite the contrary! I really love the tone! Unique single coil with a little bit of quack and this glassy shimmer not found in strats/teles. Harmonically rich and vibrant. Plus on the rhythm circuit it sounds surprisingly similar to the characteristic dark humbucker tone despite it activating only the neck pickup.

Very impressed by the tone. Unconventional yet inspiring!

Quite the contrary! I really love the tone! Unique single coil with a little bit of quack and this glassy shimmer not found in strats/teles. Harmonically rich and vibrant. Plus on the rhythm circuit it sounds surprisingly similar to the characteristic dark humbucker tone despite it activating only the neck pickup.

Very impressed by the tone. Unconventional yet inspiring!

jeeyearh! tell em broseph!
Testify!

Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Wild Card #5

Hi Guys, NGD! Just got this baby -> Charvel Wildcard #5 a week ago. Super Happy!!

F1439795.jpg

C24B35F7.jpg

99CC9E0F.jpg

Specs :
Model - Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas Wild Card #5
Style: San Dimas Pro Mod
Color: Molten Crust Burst
Body: Alder
Neck: Birdseye Maple
Fretboard: Birdseye Maple (12"-16" compound radius)
Frets: 22 (jumbo frets)
Scale length: 25-1/2
Nut width: 1-11/16"
Hardware: Black
Tuners: Charvel Vintage 80s
Bridge: Recessed Floyd Rose Double-locking Tremolo
Pickups: (H/S/S configuration)
Bridge pickup: Charvel Vintage 80s humbucking bridge pickup
Middle pickup: Charvel Vintage 80s single-coil pickup
Neck pickup: Charvel Vintage 80s single-coil pickup
Pickup switching: 5-position blade - bridge/bridge and middle/middle/middle and neck/neck
Controls: Master volume

Thanks for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back