Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, finally had the chance to put both Lollar loaded P90s guitars out in the sun.

6860206397_835e9cf618_b.jpg

6860204355_2522ee44fa_b.jpg

6860203505_322ae3a2c7_b.jpg

woah...i like the black wan!:cool: ...shiny!
wat gitar brand is this? are they expensive? they must be!

NGD! Scroll down slowly to get the most out of the pics hehe

Seems like just another strat on this thread
b3d1b74c.jpg

Or is it?
9d12d71b.jpg

It's an Omen Extreme 7! Waiting a month and a half for this baby to arrive!
b881addf.jpg

Swapped out the pickups to Dimarzio Paf 7s immediately
49650dcf.jpg

3934b41e.jpg

Mine is setup... by myself haha. But actually I didnt touch it because it was set up very nicely from the factory, no complains at all!

Yup came from a K7 if I'm not wrong. Dimarzio PAF 7. I REALLY like the neck pickup, it's just super sweet sounding and just sings. However, am thinking of replacing the bridge pup, just not really doing it for me. Have to play around with it some more tmw. Any recommendations? Am thinking of the JB7

I have tried PAF 7s, and I guess the bridge pup doesn't bite hard enough for you.. but I can't recommend any pickups though..

PAF-7s all have this very honk character to it. Not really for death metal or anything along those lines but great for rock IMO.

Yeah I'm starting to get used it. Using the guitar for Djent, Prog and attempting some funk rock stuff as well!

69bda6a4.jpg

Swapped out stock Seventy 80s in the Laney cab for these.. An Eminence Governor and a Swamp Thang. The Seventy 80s sounded good but since these were going for cheap it was an easy decision. Definitely more meat to the cleans & dirt when compared to the stock speakers.

69bda6a4.jpg

Swapped out stock Seventy 80s in the Laney cab for these.. An Eminence Governor and a Swamp Thang. The Seventy 80s sounded good but since these were going for cheap it was an easy decision. Definitely more meat to the cleans & dirt when compared to the stock speakers.

Nice! I swapped out the stock seventy-80 speaker in my Blackstar HTV 112 cab(its an open back birch ply unit) for a Celestion Vintage 30 as well. While Goose was installing the speaker he commented on the difference in quality even though both were Celestions. The Vintage 30 was noticeably heavier and felt more sturdy and the funnel was of a much better build compared the cheaper seventy 80. Tone wise, Vintage 30 has more of that upper mid spike which makes overdrive pedals and high gain sound terrific (may not be to everyone's tastes though) but I think it's gonna sound killer with my incoming amp head.

What amp are you using with that cab? What's the difference between the two speakers installed and why did you choose to mix and match them?

I've always been curious when it comes to Eminence speakers, especially their made in USA stuff. Even Goose raves about the Red Fang - although the distributor prices here are frankly quite ridiculous barring any sale discounts.

Nice! I swapped out the stock seventy-80 speaker in my Blackstar HTV 112 cab(its an open back birch ply unit) for a Celestion Vintage 30 as well. While Goose was installing the speaker he commented on the difference in quality even though both were Celestions. The Vintage 30 was noticeably heavier and felt more sturdy and the funnel was of a much better build compared the cheaper seventy 80. Tone wise, Vintage 30 has more of that upper mid spike which makes overdrive pedals and high gain sound terrific (may not be to everyone's tastes though) but I think it's gonna sound killer with my incoming amp head.

What amp are you using with that cab? What's the difference between the two speakers installed and why did you choose to mix and match them?

I've always been curious when it comes to Eminence speakers, especially their made in USA stuff. Even Goose raves about the Red Fang - although the distributor prices here are frankly quite ridiculous barring any sale discounts.

Well SoundWavesMan had a clearance on them during Dec and it was insane cheap thus why I bought them to be frank.

I did have a hard time choosing which to go for though as I didn't have any experiences with any speakers apart from the stocks speakers so I read up about them and listened to proper recorded demos online and I settled for these two.

The Governor was touted as a Vintage 30 in the Eminence line and that was what I wanted. I love Mids. And the Governor did just that.. I've no experience with the Celestion V30 but many have said that the Governor is slightly smoother sounding then the V30. Quoted from one forum, "The V30 is gravel and the Governor is sandpaper". That being said, I would have loved to try the V30 but they only had 16 Ohms left and I prefered to match a pair of 8s.

I then chose the Swamp Thang because of from demos it had high ends and loads of bass which I think would have complimented the mid rangy Governors.

I agree with the construction being more sturdy. It's heavier when compared to the seventy-80. The stocks feels like toys when you carry one of the Eminence.

I'm using it with a Cub12R combo and sometimes when I just wanna play around, I plug the LC15R into the other input and run it stereo since the cab has that capability. Just for fun... Lol

Really looking forward to a getting a compact head but I've went on a spending spree the past 2-3 months, I'll have to lay low for awhile and let my wife cool off first. Haha

8635b035.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back