Gear photos 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcoming a new member into my axe family:

photo-4.jpg

Gibson Les Paul Traditional 1960 in Tea Burst. One of the most loudest Les Pauls I've ever played acoustically. One hell of a monster when plugged in too! Compliments my Nocaster extremely well.

Family shot:

photo_001.jpg

I would say no. imagine keeping the sweat and dirt filled guitar in the case. no difference whether it has a shroud or not haha!

I prefer those brown cases with pink fur. not only is it brown on the outside and pink on the inside (think clean), that case looks good whether its beat up on the outside or dirty in the inside. Maybe I just like em cos of the 90's vibe.

Anyway the important thing is the guitar, not it's case! nice score la. That guitar looks way better in person.

I would say no. imagine keeping the sweat and dirt filled guitar in the case. no difference whether it has a shroud or not haha!

I prefer those brown cases with pink fur. not only is it brown on the outside and pink on the inside (think clean), that case looks good whether its beat up on the outside or dirty in the inside. Maybe I just like em cos of the 90's vibe.

Anyway the important thing is the guitar, not it's case! nice score la. That guitar looks way better in person.

damit im looking for a brown/pink ohsc myself too haha any idea where to search for one?no one on soft seems to sell it

I still remember back then when I was still working at a certain music store, the brown hardshell cases with pink lining was caused serious problems with the nitro finishes of our guitars. We had some custom shop models like the John Lennon signature's finish being blemished due to the inferior dye that Gibson for the pink fur that everyone here is ironically covetous about. This is no ordinary blemish as the finish was being damaged beyond repair due to pink dye seeping into the the guitars' nitro finishes, and Gibson uses about 8-11 coats, so you can imagine how difficult it is to clean off if the agent is able to go through this many layers of finish.

Just something for guys who want to consider that sexy brown hardshell case with "smexy pink" lining. You have been warned. :)

I still remember back then when I was still working at a certain music store, the brown hardshell cases with pink lining was caused serious problems with the nitro finishes of our guitars. We had some custom shop models like the John Lennon signature's finish being blemished due to the inferior dye that Gibson for the pink fur that everyone here is ironically covetous about. This is no ordinary blemish as the finish was being damaged beyond repair due to pink dye seeping into the the guitars' nitro finishes, and Gibson uses about 8-11 coats, so you can imagine how difficult it is to clean off if the agent is able to go through this many layers of finish.

Just something for guys who want to consider that sexy brown hardshell case with "smexy pink" lining. You have been warned. :)

Yes . I witnessed the same at that same certain music store where a relic White Falcon turned pink. It wasn't a Gibson.

Yes . I witnessed the same at that same certain music store where a relic White Falcon turned pink. It wasn't a Gibson.

OMG, yeah now that you mentioned it I remember that one...it was really bad! And that White Falcon cost alot of $$$....Looks like its gonna be a "white elephant" instead....I doubt anybody would want to buy it unless its sold below cost.

wow thats really good to know

what about the gold kahler lining in those fender brown cases?

me abit worry now

If I was the store owner I would rebrand it as a Hello Kitty guitar and auction it high :D

Gold is good right? Your guitar will become more valuable

like dat i keep all my cutlery inside there lorr...LOLOL! i wish brah...i wish sighhh im so poor now :(

Last edited:
I wonder if those vintage Les Pauls that were kept in the Lifton cases suffered the same fate... Hopefully a better colour dye was used?

Well I have no idea but I've read some horror stories about the pink dye eating the finishes of Gibsons in the les paul forums as well. I pray that its not the vintage ones though. Imagine an original 1959 with a pink makeover....I estimate the value will drop like mad.

I'm not sure how the QC for Gibson goes....but I do know they've had bad years and inconsistent runs, like the Norlin era Gibsons made in the 1970s (sandwich ply bodies) and so on. The same probably applies to their hardcases too....but I would NEVER buy a pink lined one due to the rather horrifying experience of seeing a guitar's finished being damaged for myself.

My turn!

Went to singapore post to clear customs today..

DSC_1145.jpg

got this!
DSC_1141.jpg

DSC_1140.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

bloody beautiful and awesome craftsmanship, arghhhhhhhh i love my horus

sexy righttttttt! just came back from beez and bumped into alotta friends who tried it out and weeeeeeheeeee it's awesomeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back