FLOW "THANK YOU" PARTY - 23rd DEC SAT @ Gashaus!

wah kan chiong, just 2 days time.

Some announcements:

Divine9 got into I-S scenestealer in their latest issue!

Auburn's Epiphany and Withered Tree will perform ACCOUSTIC sets on the two secret nokia VIP buses on the night :) heh heh

Anyone who has forgot to submit stuff to me, tomorrow is the LAST DAY

remember bands, if you gave me your guestlist WITHOUT your guest's full names AND NRIC, they wont be added.

Also, EVERYONE please remember to bring your NRIC and Passport (even crew) security is going to be very tight

Love,
Saito

Hey all,

The event is tomorrow! Cant wait to see the other bands play and also do our own set!

If you're 18 and above, do come to Pure Room to listen to us play at midnight, directly after Divine9 end their set at the main stage. We will be playing our favourite songs and also introduce a new song.

See you there!

hee..hee going to start charging my batteries for the camera now. hope they have nice lighting on the stage for me to click pix. :lol:

See you there James, take a few more shots of Flybar ar!

Oh and we can share pics too yeah!

lol dong you back already.. Bleargh, i couldn't get in cuz they only accept IC and not bus pass. that made alot of people hate them.

yea the mos crew... ! i went in with a bus pass earlier this yr...my fren had to take a cab all the home and get it and come back.

not their fault what...they did mention NRIC or Passport. Most club rules are like that anyways. especially a huge club like MOS. but how was the sound and all..argh wanted to go but no cash..damn!

sound ws pretty screwed up, kinda muddy at the main stage.. but it was still worth every minute watching Concave Scream perform. never knew they did "Rewind" live, and they also did a killer version of Radiohead's "Climbing Up The Walls".. shite.. i'm still gasping from it

HAHA
Flow just proved singaporeans dont know how to appreciate good industrial music :p

A whole crowd of people at the divine 9 set and only me and another girl were like totally into it! XP

And I can't stand that bloody Paul Twohill.

haha the bouncers were bloody smart. i saw one girl getting bounced by this guy, his questions were like ridiculous yet they exposed you immediately.

plainsunset was pretty good, got the crowd going but concave scream's set, the amp kinda didnt want to work so it didnt sound as good as it should be.

local music rock! :supz:

Netheraven said:
A whole crowd of people at the divine 9 set and only me and another girl were like totally into it! XP

It sure didnt look that way from the stage!

The P.A sounded like it was going to cut on us (too many things in the mix) = happened to us before with our KORG sequencer, so we played covers to be on the safe side although it irritated the hell out of me when Shane chose to do that Pearl Jam number because it has no keys.

By the way. That was my ex you were dancing with haha

ITS FINALLY OVER!!!

Was in the club from 8.15am yesterday all the way through 4.15am this morning stressing about a massive amount of problems. I profusely apologise for the rush- we couldnt get the buzz out of the P.A and getting MOS to turn on their sound system, so things were pushed back by 20 mins. I got to talk to a whole lot of you guys in the band room and around the place. Any feedback on FLOW is appreciated. This would be helpful advice on whether we should do a second one.

The GOOD:

Gorgeous Shin only wearing a Tube while hosting the main stage

Daphne Khoo's new curls

Saw Loser's awesome costumes

Plain Sunset's awesome Rock Drive

Brian coming back to West Grand Boulevard (Surprise)

People smiling as they got free T-shirts and nokia phones

The great vibe that started from 10pm onwards when over 2400 people poured into ministry.

Pure Room stage being the indie-est Ministry of Sound has ever seen

Having a ball of a time playing with the boys in Divine9 together for the first time in 1 year. (If you can excuse the poor keyboard work - those sitting in the balcony above would have seen me cock up Sandman terribly - the chorus is E A# A E then G E F# E F# G F#... I know.)

A Vacant Affair, Syawla Evol and Flybar's awesome sets in Pure

Tristan from Face Off actually showing up even though I might have slighted him due to his cancellation.

People from the lineup chipping into help when we were short-handed

Everyone looking after everyone's stuff in the band room when we were'nt supplied a bouncer by MOS to guard the Band Room

An absolute buttload of media covering the event including National Geographic, CTV and Straits Times

The big fat sausages, scrambled eggs and beans with tabasco in the buffet at the afterparty which was held at FLUID! hahahaha. 44 Pekin Street, far east Square. Go check it out. Only 20 people were present

The bad

Anal security at ministry of sound - Divine9 couldnt bring glasses of water from the balcony bar into 54 and I could even get Miss Earth into Pure because she forgot to get a stamp. Paul Twohill couldnt get a tag either. Oh well, they're doing the job. The licensing really got to everyone.

The heavy rain in the early evening

Backdrops coming in Late

Sound checks starting ridiculously later than expected due to P.A issues

Guestlist woes as everyone (and I mean everyone) tried to call me at once. 50 missed calls in a ten minute space is painful

Paul Twohill forgetting his script

Luke being an arse at times. (I got used to it, but I guess some bands haven't)

My entire box of Divine9 CDs stolen when I left to get a drink from Pure

Coming home at 7am (me writing this post now)

Thank you SO MUCH everyone who helped make this happen - Ian from Flybar. Ian Corrigan, Winson Lau, Wilson Ho Haven, Eugene, Peter Yu, Melanius Chia, Nokia, Adidas, etc

anyway, good night... or is it good morning? Zzzzzzz

Back