FLOW "THANK YOU" PARTY - 23rd DEC SAT @ Gashaus!

For those who already got tickets take note:

Thanks to the nice people at Nokia, you stand a chance to win one of several 5300 Xpressmusic Phones (2 gig expandable memory) if you fill in the details at the back of the ticket.

FlowPosterBlast.jpg

Oh yes, poster is up

Okay, due to an overwhelming barrage of people asking the same silly question, I changed the title of the thread. To reiterate:

This is a 16+ event . No smoking or sale of alcohol in Main arena or smoove. balcony Bar will be smoke free, but there will be alcohol served.

If you are 18+ you can access the upper level where alcohol will be served (Balcony, 54 and Skylounge - VIP only)

Smoking allowed if you are in 54, Pure and the Skylounge

www.flow.com.sg

Love,
Saito

DUDES. VERY URGENT.
can the dudes from august star please call me back within 2 days.
this is very very URGENT.
ive been trying to contact you guys but phone is always off.
please reply asap.

IAN & SAITO

Yes it would be nice for someone from August Star to contact us seeing as it is less than 2 weeks to the event haha.

---

Hmmm. While selling tickets I encountered someone young that told me something that really got me feeling a little bit unsettled. "I dont want to buy a ticket because there's too much local music in it."

Like seriously, what the hell.

Flow is essentially an event trying to showcase local music in a professional context - hopefully more corporate attention and business interest can be invested into our OWN music. There is also an adequate amount of Cutting edge DJs in it - We literally have the Stars of the drum and bass scene in 54: Vortex, Kiat, MC Kane and Zul. This is also not to mention Rattle, Tang and Koflow for the hip-hop fix. Honestly, I was dumbfounded how the great collection of talent we have in all 4 line-ups could not satisfy this person. And furthermore, with most of them showcasing their original material

If anyone out there has friends unfamiliar with our homegrown artists- please bring them along to Flow and other indie events and help to educate them in local music. Perhaps it will help to change a point of view

Saito, I heard from Heider(Drummer for August Star) that they are not playing for the gig. One of the guys had something on.

I hope the guy is not a local or in a band. If not why make that comment. Or else the comment will backfire at himself.

saito said:
Hmmm. While selling tickets I encountered someone young that told me something that really got me feeling a little bit unsettled. "I dont want to buy a ticket because there's too much local music in it."

Either he's too used to watching free local shows or he's spent all his money watching foreign acts.

I dunno man... the only reason justifiable not paying for a show these days is that you'd prolly will get to see them at another show but for free or at a cheaper rate.

But I dun thk that your typical American teen would bitch about shelling out bucks to watch a line-up like My Chemical Romance, Metallica and Green Day in the same fest just because they are all local also mah... Hor?

Some announcements for everyone:

LICENSING

Licensing has gotten a little tighter and here's some CONCLUSIVE updates in regards to smoking and drinking for the 18+ areas:

1. Balcony bar will NOT be serving alcohol
2. Smoking in the whole MOS is restricted to 54 (Drum and Bass arena) because it is enclosed and not in line of sight of the Main arena. Even the VIPs in the Sky Lounge cannot smoke because it will be visible through the windows.

LINEUP SHIFTS

some small changes

1. Vacant Affair will be replacing August Star. And trust me, the committee and myself dont appreciate trying to contact you guys over and over. One email could have solved the problem.
2. KOFLOW will not play in the main arena after the bands finish up, he will remain in Smoove for the duration of FLOW, while MOS resident Paul Johnson will be set to take the stage

PREPARTY

There is a FLOW preparty and all Flow committee members, street team, bands, DJs etc are invited to come for FREE at Butter Factory on wednesday 29th Nov :)

ADMIN

IF you are performing for Flow, do not forget to submit

1. Your Full name / NRIC (every member of every band)
2. Your passport photograph (physical, not a jpg please!) - write nric and name behind it, so we can compile your crew passes = 1 per band member
3. Indemnity forms (if you have sold / holding / selling tickets) = 1 per band
4. Appearence release forms = 1 per band member for media clearence

Dont forget that although you have a crew pass, you will need your NRIC / Passport to enter the venue.

and if you want to know your respective sound check timing + any scheduling enquiries please contact the right I.C:

Stage Managers:
Main Arena - Luke Wilson / Me
Pure - Ian Toh (flybar)
54 - Andy Leong (vortex)
Smoove - Eugene (illers)

AFTER PARTY
We are in the process of getting the logistics finalised for the afterparty and there should be breakfast provided at 5am for all bands at the Secret Afterparty location. The afterparty is primarily a media meet and greet as well as a bit of reprieve for the whole team working through the day and night. Dont ask me the location because I will only tell it to you at the end of Flow.

MERCH STAND
Guys I have put Luke in charge of the Merch stand which will be set up next to the stage at the waterfall area. There will be a member of Nokia staff setting up a bluetooth transmitter there too + we'll get a volunteer / staff member to facilitate these sales. IF your band has people to do this, please by all means let us know fast.

And bring your merch along with you during Sound check to avoid confusion later.

SOUND CHECKS
Sound check timings for Pure and Main stage will take place between 12noon and 3pm on the 5th of DEC itself. Please do not be late and remember to bring your crew passes. If you have not received the crew passes, you will get it on the day itself from us.

If you have any special production requirements (e.g.: want to use your own snare drum etc) please let us know asap.

"BACKSTAGE" BAR AREA
The members area of Ministry of Sound's main arena will be used as the backstage bar and only people with Crew passes (Bands/staff) + Media will be allowed in this area. No alcohol will be served. If you wish to leave your gear, this might be a good place, but at your own risk.

The Skylounge is only allowed for Nokia employee's and their own internal VIP list, so its strictly off limits.

GUESTLIST
Just so you know, that guestlist entries DO NOT have an included free drink unless you have a physical ticket. Bands are allowed to bring in one guest per band member, but all names must be in by the preparty on the 29th. To avoid congestion, we might disallow band guests from coming into the backstage area.

TICKETS
Tickets are going quite fast, you can purchase tickets from Gashaus and/or online at the SOFT Shop. Although there are door priced tickets ($25) there is no guarantee that any will be left on the day of the event, so please email me at mark@flow.com.sg

Love,
Saito

You already on guestlist lah. Basket you are my industry counterpart, I dont invite you the fengshui very bad leh! hahahaha

Flow pre-party is on tonight!

and DEPUTY SIREN is replacing FACEOFF

CARACAL is also involved in a publicity stunt we got for FLOW on the same day, so stay tuned :)

Great opportunity for all to check out our local bands! I think 20 bucks is damn worth it lor!!

I'm holding onto tickets too. PM me if you're interested!

Back