9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14] Shred 5
15] Marcdadrummer
16] rengaw

I am seldom online these days to check out this forum. If there is any events, is it possible to set up a e-mailing list as well as posting it up here?

Hmm, took up this suggestion, created something here:
http://groups.google.com/group/drummers-collective-sg

Do note, this is not meant to take us away from the soft community, but to facilitate the organisation of events (Easier for mass email announcement etc).

See if it works, if it doesn't serve any real purpose, I can simply delete it.

Hey Drum hobbyist,

Im free on the 31st of Jan during the evening. Lets meet up and talk abt this.

RD & Weckl, you guys in?

RLA

Date/Time/Venue: Still in discussion
Tentative venue: Still Searching
Organisers: SOFT, RLA + RD + DH

Interested:

1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14] Shred 5
15] Marcdadrummer
16] rengaw
17] Myner
18] Hi

Frummer...I 've check...the people there wanted to charge S$40.00 per hour...I told them that's too expensive...afterall we only make use of one-single instruments - The Drums...and we don't need all the other wind Instruments...

So...I left my HP No and the guy said he will check and come back to me., but I doubt it will be very much cheaper...anyway we will all still need to check around somemore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Drumhobbists...wah make it so former har...I cannot be the Chairman lah...I can be one of the Committee but not Chairman really...someore ask me to talk 15 minutes (wah-pian eh).....Seriously, I will help out....But I strongly think that there are important Criteria for a Chairman - I don't fit really. Because we are talking about Drums - We need someone either James (Soft Forum), or Alvin or Ah Pek (The Experience Drummers) - one to be Chairman the other Vice-Chairma etc to be appropriate.....then follow Committee members & Sub-Committee ( for Involement).

How can I be Chairman - wait..Soft Drummer Forum...face all tear - how can?...my drumming is cannot one lah..Kekekeke.. :lol: Don't arrow me leh Bros :smt063 Wait people say Chairman please show us some drumming - I drum - they boo me, :vom: throw eggs at me :smt068 , instead of motivating new drummers - they say to themselve "I think I better learn Guitar lah" - how?....cannot cannot ! ...worst thing is I in fromt of :smt061 no face..how can har !

Ok - the other thing is (A Reminder har)....This is Soft Drummers Activities...not a "Drummer Association" lah....A Drummer Asociation must be legally Registered one you know (not so easy one)...somemore even it's a non-profit organisation - we must prepare account every year one you know (Annual Report)- (Must Vote Committee Members one also each yea- have Annual Meetingr) who want to do the work lah?... most importantly we must be fair to SOFT mah...we use people forum, then we get together to hold activities like that - We shoukd call it something like "Soft's Drummers" or Drummer's Club - Soft"...something along those lines...

I will check with my CC there tonight..and come back to you all on the Venue.

Jokes aside - we should make Soft (James) as the Chairman for any event held here...then when we all meet (during our next comming meeting - when Venue & time already set)....then we decide the committee and Sub-committee (where we can allocate & distribute job dring that time)...how's this?..ok?

Hi all & Frummer...They just call me saying "S$20 an hour instea of charging us S$40.00 per hour" ...I told them that's it's still too expensive...The place can accomodate 60 people...

I propose S$70.00 for 6 hours to them...They will call me back again later...

Somehow the place is somewhere near Bona Vista...he say MRT walk 3 minutes reach liao...but Let's wait for his reply....but we cannot touch any of their Orchestra Instrument....

BRO Fummer - thanks for the lead...great job

So far......FYI

Yeah, once we get a confirmed attendee list, i feel costs can be spread out. So no probs there.

RD & Frummer - I think the price is cool lah, mai tu liao!!

RLA

Ok I have spoke to Bernard (tel No 96693329) .. and he says it's S$80.00 for the 6 hours, but he shall negotiate with his Boss for (my propose S$70.00 for 6 hours).....if we will organise eg Bi-Monthly or even Quarterly Events there.

So I said - Much depends on how this "Get-Together for Drummers of SOFT" will turns-out , as it is also the 1st-time we are trying...but if the place (Venue) turms out to be OK......I'm sure James (SOFT) might consider organising other events there...

I also told him, once we get the Venue - we will then set up this Committee (it's our 1st-time).....Bernard says "Please Tell me When you Want The Place - and call me back...soon"

Oh and yes he told me - they got chairs for us...and we are allow to bring our own Cymbals, Cymbals Stands and Drum Kits also......

So Now - Is it Ok to take this Venue my dear Bros?...(Or should we go personally to check out the place 1st?).......Who wants to go ??...when????

What about the Time (eg 12pm to 6pm) afternoon...on a Saturday, which Saturday...the date...is that ok...assuming we all agree on the Venue....

Hey RD,

Lets go check it out this sat. I live near Bouna VIsta MRT so i guess we can meet there. Lets meet @ 12 noon, then hace lunch after we inspect the place?

Drum_hobbyist you wanna come or are you busy with work that day?

RLA

Bro rla, this Saturday my duty..I work 8.30 to 1pm.......then I still don't know what time is my Drumming lesson.....1 hour this week at Swee Lee...can I confirm later.....evening can...easier for me mah.....will let you all know my timming ok.

anytime before 3.30...cannot lah..you see I finished work at 1.00, travelling time from jurong to Sims Drive at least 1 hour, lesson is 1 hour (this means if my lesson is at 3.00pm -I finished at 4.00pm...I take taxi go down boona Vista....earliest also 4.45pm liao...how...?

I'll check with Bernard if he allows us to go check it out at say 7.30pm in the night - Can you all make it either Wednesday or Thursday - cause tomorrow night I am Jamming 6.30 to 10.00pm lah.

I have spoken to Bernard......and he says we should go this Thursday (on their Orchestra Jamming Session) at 8.00pm.

So...anyone going to check out this place with me (please volunteer to put up your name ley) - meet at Bona Vista MRT 7.45pm ok.....Can I have your name and HP no so we can communicate.....I hope it's a nice place.

1.2.2007 Bona Vista MRT
Rudimental Drummer
rla
others ????????? - pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I had also sent an e-mail to bernard already at bernard@kidotech.com

Lets meet up Drummers...this is our 1st-meeting loh - more people go also good and chat chat mah....How?

Cheers !

1.2.2007 Bona Vista MRT @ 7.45pm
Rudimental Drummer
rla
Drum_Hobbyist

rla... I have your contact no. You didn't change no., right?

RD... my post said 'example'... not need chairman... the list of drummers will take turns to organize future events... all will have ownership in this "Band of Drummers"... no by-standers... 8)

Back