Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

Bro rla :smt075 ....how to plan the Schedule For The Day? an Inexperience Drummer like me (I really not fit to do this lah) ......

Once Venue is settle - Why not lets all put up - what interest us most individually in the area of drumming (Can Be Any Area - if possible) from all those whoses name are here - then we consolidate it - short-list it based on the majority-views - then leave some hours for sharing anything outside of the short-listed things we wnna do (which is what form the main part of the itinary for the day)...or please can someone help us out here - Bro Weckl I know you are good at this - any better idea to do it? - or anyone....we will still plan all these together one - not one person doing only...just chip in.

PS: - Bro James (SOFT) is trying his best to get some form of Sponsorship for this event - no guarantee, but he will do his best. You see - how supportive SOFT is?....that's great isn't it.

See fellow drummers here Bro biopromax says - - hehe, This is gonna be exciting! cant wait to do job!...

Cheers ! and thank you Bro biopromax....we will have something allocated for you one - don't worry har?... :lol:

For example...

1.45pm: Registration - Fill in contact list and issueing of name tag (use stickers)

2.00pm: MC (Weckl?) - Welcome and Ice Breakers (Get to know you games)

2.15pm: Chairman's Address (RD?) - Purpose of the gathering and plans for future gatherings.

2.30pm: Individual Intro of each drummer about themselves.

2.45pm: Mingle around over coffee and snacks to connect with each other. Interest groups will naturally form e.g technique of tuning drums, rudiments, cymbal knowledge and maintenance, double bass technique etc. Not just have 2 kits available but also a few snare drums. Each interest group will take turns to use the equipment if needed. Each drummer is to bring their personal sticks.

4.00pm: Pack up

If the date and time (like the above) is suitable, I can be involve in the organising. Some of you know my busy period is the weekends... 8)

wah Kao!!!..so pro ah...is this the direction we want to head towards? Cos all i was thinking was just a simple exchange of ideas and stuff, super naive man me....i mean its cool if we're gonna do it this way i have no objections. Wow..this is evolving..

i have a venue suggestion:

http://swsym.org/main.html

i was from SWSyouth ( not a percussionist ) but i do know the drum specs. Its a tama imperialstar typical 5 piece...another tom they put upon a shelf but can be fixed i think....a custom splash , aax rock crash new beats hihat if im not wrong. a couple of other snare drums not so sure. Full perc...with accessories....a couple of gongs and such....marimba xylo all u can imagine its there...

Its a HUGE rehearsal studio...the size of 2 and a half badminton courts... with chair and stands....

Only this is....needa to pay ah :(

count me in too.. sorry didn't saw the thread exploding.. just saw it today... cheers:D

contact no: 82333109.. anything just call bros:D

No prank call ah!

wow.. its sounds like a drummers association.. sounds really good...

i am agreeable that Chairman's Address shud be RD... anywya.. was like his idea right?

Wow!!!

Nice Nice !!

Drummer Association !!

Hey a good start man !!

I would love to learn more bout drumming from other drummers man esp. those in Soft.!!

I cant wait!! Super Excited!!

Update:

Date/Time/Venue: Still in discussion
Tentative venue: Still Searching
Organisers: SOFT, RLA + RD + Weckl

Interested

1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg
14) Shred 5
15) Marcdadrummer

The list is growing man, this is excellent stuff.

RLA

My brother's Band is jamming at a studio in Duxton Road, Tanjong Pagar on 31 Jan evening (Wed). It is a size of a Badminton Hall. Usual is 22/hr. If it is for 3 hours, it will be 18/hr. My brother knows the owner. Wondering whether Rla, RD and Weckl would be available to check out the place and at the same time have coffee to discuss further?

I'm not welcomed? =(

Quote/ I'm interested! But i dun have a drumset at home. Only a snare and sticks. /quote

Hey peepz,

I am seldom online these days to check out this forum. If there is any events, is it possible to set up a e-mailing list as well as posting it up here?

Rgds
: )X

Back