Does S'pore Drummers Here In "Soft" Have Meet-Ups

ermm, we use to hold it or well alfie use to hold in at the big boon studios. he normally hired another set

Yeap! :D
2 kits and fellow drummers get to dish it all out turn by turn. Occasionally there'll be Pros to share pointers.

Yeah, 2 drumsets is quite sufficient. Maybe get a bassist in as well? to groove? Maybe some congas and Bongos?

Ria - Yeah, 2 drumsets is quite sufficient. Maybe some congas and Bongos is not a bad idea too - but maybe later-stage.

Bro Ria....this get-together is better only for Drummer's "Exchange" alone....but if seriously...Drummers/Bros here in Soft really would love to play along with Drum-Circle People (Conga, Bongo, Tabla, Dun-Dun, Djembe & such) an all drum or percussion group - no problem...I can get these people to Jam and play along with you all....I tried before liao

The last time - they bring their Congo, Djembe, Bongo, Maracas, Clave - ...Wah and Jam in my home - it's too loud....alot of people come up and see us play...it's fun...but Jamming with these Drum-Circle people for 1 1/2hrs really drain me out - cause I have to play fast....and I bluff alot...just hamtam only lah....The worst thing is I go and smack the Congo/Djembe for half an hour (my 1st-time)...and I couldn't play drums for 5 days (cause my hand is swollen after that)...I am not going to hit the drums with my hands anymore.....I must be smarter mah..use stick hit the drums lah...the most stick pitcha...use hand...no way...Kekekekeke :lol: :lol:

NOTE:- Anyway these drum circle groups always had meet-ups - they play everywhere, and I was asked to play with them, but I've to bring my own kit (Rythmn Traveller is good for that).....The last time was in December 2006 Christmas...they play in Orchard Road (in font of ROLEX that building) ....they were the guest band for a Catholic Group (the Church at Fort-Canning Hill)...I didn't go (wait people throw eggs at me - me scared) - but if you Bros like to try it - I can always arrange for you all to play with them - but the drumming style is quite different - would you all want to try - we one-time-go 10 drummers...take turn to wack (we use stick - they use hands)...they chai-see, chai-see Hahahaha...but seriously, I can always arrange for you all to play with them - They love Drummers like us....How?

PS: - Wow.wwww you guys are srely pouring in alot of Fresh-Idea har !.....no wonder more heads are better than one.....Kekekekeke !

Keep it going man...Bros... :smt023

wowww rudimental drummer bro, ur enthusiasm is infectious :lol: :lol:

aloha guys, hows it all going??

its great to see this energy and hope u guys have a smashing meetup (james u be involve too??)

just to set something straight, I AM NOT DA MAN !!! lol

if there is anyone that is, that would be AHPEK bro. He started getting us young fools to meet up at the studio and taught us a lot of stuff back in 2001-2002.

no, i'm not saying he's THE ONE even though i'm forever grateful and indebted to him, this thing is bigger than ONE MAN, man.

some of u guys representing the next wave, guys who recently came back from drum collective, some who are pursuing degrees (or have graduated) in jazz performance, those in SAF MDC, or started teaching in local music schools (music clef, amongst others), or jump straight into the pond devil-may-care

pls carry the ball and run with it.... i'm so happy to know some of u perservered and commitment to work as a professional drummer - guys like mark, boey, alvin, jason, patrick, brandon etc.

for the drum meetups, JUST DO IT. don't wait for anything, just get a few guys, chip in the studio fees, and DO IT.

the last few meetups i help to coordinate, can see some of u r still tentative. dont be afraid. it is during these sharing exchange that we can understand how others approach and learn something about ourselves (and others) in the process. you may have some of your tried-and-tested stuff being proven not-so-tried-and-tested, its all good, it will make us all stronger at the end.

embrace change, embrace the fact that it is better to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond so that one day some of us can survive in the ocean.

keep the flame burning!!! \m/

alfe

Yes alfe with your experience (and James)...It will be good if you guys could help organise this sort of Exchange/Get-Together Events...and then we put our names in the Sub-Commitee (for this Exchange only) as volunteer to helping out in any way we could......so that we all can benefit in one way or another....Count me in if you need help....

Hey guys, let do this meet up lah. It should be fun. Below are some dates to think abt. Im thinking either saturday afternoon or night lor. We try to firm the date 1st then firm the time.

3-Options:

1) Saturday - March 10th

2) Saturday - March 17th

3) Saturday - March 24th

Lastly, I'll volunteer to book the auditorium for free at my church if you guys dont mind. I could arrange 2 drumsets. We could meet for 3hrs intotal and the pros can be up on stage to impart knowledge. But i guess this can only work if any pros like Alvin, ahpek, brandon or others like them can make it.

Can someone volunteer to take the attendence?

Its gotta be a group effort guys, we can never have this meet-up without each other putting in some thing.

Can?

RLA

Let's firm up the date 1st can.....(I can any saturday)...jus cancel my Drum lesson for that saturday only what...no problem.

Taking attendance - I think you do the job best - as it is at your Venue (church).....we all can help you with the other work ok...Bro...(eg Help in eating food Hahahahaha :lol: :lol: I'm joking here).....Let's get down, pen it down here and form a Committee just for this and a Sub-Committee...Is that OK.

I suggest Soft (be one of the Organising Committee), plus a few (not too many as Organising Committee members here)......the sub commitee can consist of as many as possible...why not - then we meet-up...have coffee - then split the job - with every commitee hare having sub committee members helping him/her carry out the job -HOw.....

We need participation here....

That was really so kind of you...thanks Bro...for the Venue - but get the committee up here first - - This need commitment & time - anyone here????

Lets put in our names & telephone number (to be contacted) - for now if we are willing to help out...then see how many people we can gather...then meet-up-then decide who is committee, who is in the sub-commitee - then we party altogether - then get the job done....Finish liao.

Thanks RD!

1. Rudimental Drummer
2. RLA

What abt the rest? Camon guys.

Also someone needs to talk to the pros cos i dont know them, and try to get them down lor.

Once we get a sizable amt of ppl (5-6) we can meet up for coffee and delegate lor.

RLA

never done anything like that.. dont mind trying..

but i am pretty basic at drumming.. new to it...

can i come?

Recap:

Interested

1) RLA
2) Rudimental Drummer
3) Drum_hobbyist
4) biopromax
5) reuben

Anyone else guys, camon leh...

RLA

hello guys I am interested.. but i not good one.. can i come and watch u guys drum then ask u guys on how u do certain things you do?
I wun be capable of giving u guys advice thou...

Hi, I'm interested in attending the drum meetup too. I'm sure there's lots to learn from each other. Pls provide more details. Thanks!

cheers,
Kelvin

guys keep me updated, i have never been to such an event before, and believe that such exposure would be great.. but erm.. i am very shy haha. and i guess i'd probably be one of the youngest there.

hope to learn from the other softies out there :) yup, so count me in.

How I wish I could know my schedule for those coming days but hell, is it ok to count me in? Many Thanks! :D

RECAP:

Interested

1) RLA
2) Rudimental Drummer
3) Drum_hobbyist
4) biopromax
5) reuben
6) Hong Liang
7) Drum Bum
8) Melvin
9) Syedo
10) Rustee

Hey guys anymore of you guys interested? I think we should let this list grow to 20 before stopping. As if the crowd is too big, then the interaction wont be there. I chose 20 also because..there are definately people who cant make it on the day itself. So we'll end up with a nice # of 15 drummers. Or you guys think that is still too many?

Does anyone know if any of the established pros will be able to make it?

1st of all, i dun even know who they are...i think they are ahpek, brandon, Alvin..sorry guys, thats all i know by looking at the conversations ard the soft forums..

Back