3) Drum_hobbyist
4) biopromax
5) reuben
6) Hong Liang
7) Drum Bum
Melvin
9) Syedo
10) Rustee

See guys - Drummers unlike most other Musicians....are really so different -a Family so closely knitted just as in other countries.

PS:- RLA & Brothers of Soft here - Can Contact Number eg HP be stipulated and given as per your agreement - so that we can all liase with each other and most of all - easier to get things done when time comes for this event. I hope Trust can be build up within our Soft-Drummer here (no Hanky-Panky calls ok)....just serious drumming business only.

Kindly PM Bro RLA - your personal contact number eg HP will be best.

Request:-

( A ) Soft - could you please include your name as one of our Organising Committee for this event (and any kind of other Drummer's Event in the future - we highly appreciate that).

( B ) Drumming Instructors In Soft - I realise that there are quite a number of Professionals & Drumming Instructors here in Soft (the more experience drummers among us all)...some as we all knows - are definetely very active in soft drummer forum . .....We are all really eagerly looking forward to your active participation and support, if time permits..please do come & join us . eg Alvin, Ahpek (just to name a few - that's all I'm aware of here...my apology)

Venue (we have already - from Bro RLA), Time Avialable For Use (not confirm as yet - RLA can check?), . . . . Food & Refreshmant - I think this is not a problem (we can easily get this done).......anything I miss-out..please add-in...let's do our part to make this event a successful one for everybody.;

Target: - How nice if we can have at least 50 drummers in Singapore attending har...Hm.mmm it's good to be overly ambitious.Hahahahahaha :lol:..(nevermind the more the merrier - not enough drums - I bring one set there ok)...

The Auditorium at Bro rla Church. Hehehehe good question -

Bro rla, where is your church at?.... :lol: Don't tell me in Malaysia har ...Wait I Kutok your head:smt021 then you know .... :smt040

A very good question & a very important point - Bro biopromax we had miss-out, and our apology here.

Yes - there are so many Drummers here ... Bro rla..we cannot hold it in a Church (but a neutral ground) ...let's reconsider the Venue again......nevertheless it was thoughtful & helpful

NOTE:- Anyone - please help to see if we can get a VENUE..If need be - we can all share the cost of it....I'm sure it won't cost too much - we have so many people here.

Thank YOu All

Its ok, if u guys already plan everything. and the rest are ok with it. Just carry on. I dun wanna be the 'spoiler'.

Im sure in future theres more such events out there.

Bro biopromax

No don't get mistaken..as a matter of fact, we did over-look this very important point that you have brought up. As you are also aware, most of us here myself & Bro rla is new to organising this sort of events...as such we had overlook it.

No hard feelings my Bro, our apology again.....The "Venue" to hold such events or even any other Drumming Events now or in the future...had to be "A Place That Everyone Of Us Drummers Here Can Attend".... this is the most important factor or else it really defeat the purpose of holding it.

In fact, we really have to thank you for hilighting this most important factor here - it was really good....I wish you and as many of us drummers here in Soft can and will participate....

NOTE: - To all Soft Drummer Members here - please help check around for a nice Venue - I myself will be checking on my part....and please put it up here, if you manage to get a nice and suitable place - Thank You All !

I have check with some Music Clubs in Singapore - They do not allow us to hold events like these - as they feel that it's some kind of "Clinic"...but only allow us to go join their Jamming Session on Saturday & Sunday.

Nevertheless it's ok - all is not loss still.

Booking a Studio is not very expensive - when share among all of us (but this will only be the last resort at the end of the day I guess)....we want if possible a more relax place where there is plenty of chairs, where we can move around comfortably, and can have refreshment there...correct....so

The Search Continue..now for "The Appropriate Venue" as priority here on the list.

The primary purpose of this gathering is where drummers can meet and exchange ideas, experience, trying of modified cymbals or some other innovations etc. We need not really be bothered whether there are pro drummers or not. It is about The Brotherhood in Drums(female drummers included).

If we can't find a neutral venue or high cost is involved as suggested by RD, I thrust rla idea of using the church facilities in the first place is its central location and a generous gesture to the community at large with different beliefs. This can help build confidence measures with each other as this is what the Government has been promoting all these while... and I am speaking as citizen, not a politician... :lol:

Biopromax, you can check with MUIS or the mosque imam just to clear your doubts... it is no problem for a Muslim to enter the premises of a church. :wink:

Just helping us to see things in an objective manner... 8)

I agree with Drum_hobbyist but i also agree with Rudimental drummer abt the venue issue. Tell you guys what, lets think abt this and continue to source over the next week. I would hate to exclude any drummers out there because of religious practices.

CCs and studios are always an option and if we all fork out some $$, we can rent even the expensive ones. Thats why, the more the merrier. But not too many lah otherwise we lose the coziness.

Update:

Date/Time/Venue: Still in discussion
Tentative venue: Auditorium at RLA's church
Organisers: RLA + RD

Interested
1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer

so anyway.. if its at the church... wad church anyway?

btw... even if its at the church.. is the church agreeable on it???

neutral ground.. means we need to transport drumsets there right?

Should be or else rla would not have suggested it. Yup, if it is held at a neutral venue, there will be logistical issues to consider like getting a van or two to transport drumsets from those who are offering them and manpower to move them. So the preparation and packing up will take about 3 hrs. If there are 15 going for the meeting, everyone has to play a part... no room for by-standers...

Hi my fellow Drummer Bros in Soft. I'm not a very good drummer definetely and I am a Christian myself. I represent my company as a Merchant of Toyota Club Singapore (in the forum too). I would love to share my little experience in this Singapore Car Forums...

Anything that has bearings relating to Religion & Politics...are super-sensitive issues are not allow in the forum....it can be even a small trivial matter.

In the organising of the Venue for this "Drummer Get-Together".....Incidentally and (unintentionally as myself & bro rla who is the one taken his initiative out of good faith for the benefit of everyone here - offer his Church Auditirium as a Cosy Venue for us all to get together must be highly appreciated) but we both - - had really miss out an important point -we do have a lot of Muslim Brosthers here too who are drummers in Soft.....this is sensitive no doubt and we should handle it (now that we are all well aware of it) with the utmost care in Venue Selection - because of this - The Venue Selection Process should be carefully re-considered - so we all learn in this experience as many of us are new in organising this sort of events.

To all my dear Bros here - I hope I've not offended anyone here in any way, for hi-lighting the above point. If I did please accept my apology here.

The main objective of this get-together is very clear. For us drummers in Singapore (or even potential drummers) to meet-up, feel-good, make friends..and at the end of this event find it beneficial for every individual attending.....and most of all..motivate and inspire us to look forward to the next comming drumming event held by Soft ...

This is a very nice forum from what I observe and we should all keep it healthy...it's our Forum, our cyber-home and we are a family out here...correct my Bros?.

So...lets all put on our thinking-cap and see how we can all contribute...It's the thoughts that really counts at the end of the day.

A Neutral Venue to me - means It has no serious implication as per above mentioned to any drummers here.

I have friends who always play Badminton at our CC in Jurong. They have 2 courts and a Stage. I believe most CC are quite similarly build in such manner (People Association). The one at Jurong West had a Studio in the same Area (the studio is just behind the Badminton Court)....and they do have a recording Studio too.......I thought to myself....will the CC allow us to book the 2 Badminton Court for our events?, allow us to use the Drum-Set (from the Studio) which is only a Pearl Forum? The Yamaha Maple Custom (is maybe at the Recording Studio and for their Orchestra)

I'm sure they will allow us to book both court for events like this - I've seen many Malay Weddings held there too.....The main thing is - Do they allow us to make use of their Kit (just one will do)....too many kits will split the group, less focus at end of day.....or should we bring our own kit there?.

You see Bros the CC Badminton Hall is damn big, and can accomodate many people....I think we can even get access to food & drinks so easily too. Should we finally want a Venue like this (no choice at end of day) then we have to book both court - so that the entire place belongs to us - we don't want disturbance...or some badminton playersmack a shuttle at one of our brother's face lah...Kekekeke :lol: ...No...the main point is we want exclusivity all to ourself - Drummers...yeah

But I'm not saying that we should organise it there...it's just a thought from my mind....maybe someone here may have even a better Venue...something like that.

Lets all try to check it out, work as a team. See it's not as easy as it seems...our 1st obsticle now is - "Selecting An Appropriate Venue"....

Neutral Ground can be A Studio, The Badminton Hall at PA, even at a School eg. Secondary School...whatever loh.....

:evil: Please don't someone say "Singapore Airport Terminal 1 or 2 har"..I know down there bery big space.....wait the next day ...we onernight become bery Famous.."Straits Time Headline" - "Singapore Soft Forum Drummers Create Big-Scene In Singapore Airport".....The Leader (organiser - thks to Bro Weckl) is rla & RD both bla..bla...bla...bla ....how?......Whahahahaha :lol: :lol:

:axe: :axe: :axe:

Hey RD Bro,
I think you are referring to Jurong green cc. The place is good. Been to the jamming room once. The drumset has all the stuff you need. Maybe, it is best if the rest is OK with the venue, cause Jurong is abit far for those living in East area. Maybe, you can ask whats the rate for renting the place first.

Is it call " Jurong green cc." bro biopromax...it's at Street 42 in Jurong West...along Jurong West Ave 1 = the cc. Ok I'll check it out and come back to you guys - but I also feel "WEST" or "EAST" is quite extreme at both ends of Singapore - How about somewhere near "Centre" har.

The Centre Part is always the best part ... Kekekekeke :lol: (don't think dirty har Bros)

Update:

Date/Time/Venue: Still in discussion
Tentative venue: Still Searching
Organisers: SOFT, RLA + RD + Weckl (can Bro?)

Interested
1] RLA
2] Rudimental Drummer
3] Drum_hobbyist
4] biopromax
5] reuben
6] Hong Liang
7] Drum Bum
8] Melvin
9] Syedo
10] Rustee
11] w-x
12] Frummer
13] Doublestrokesg

This is gaining momentum. Way cool fellas. Ill be sourcing some areas this weekend too.

Ruidimmental Drummer - Can you try to plan the schedule for that day? I personally do not think that drinks and food is needed lah. Dun make this too difficult for ourselves too heh.

RLA

Back